• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 259 Votes

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
great job with polishing the update! Lucy is such an underrated character and absolutely love how shes written. All main characters for that matter, are uniquely written and each have their own personality.

I am excited to see what mental gymnastic the dev gonna have to do to somehow allow us to bone Emma.
i keep thinking about a lucy and emma threesome heh

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I generally agree that 'harem', (or more accurately, sharing, as harem has a lot of meanings) isn't suitable for Hillside.

However, I can think of one exception that is plausible, a Lucy and Charlotte share MC scenario.

I imagine it would go something along the lines of being in a relationship or involved with Lucy. Lucy realises that MC is the only man Charlotte trusts or feels affection for. Lucy, overcoming her previous past jealous towards Charlotte, encourages MC to pursue Charlotte romantically so Charlotte has a chance at happiness too. Shenanigans ensue and MC ends up with in a relationship with both.

I'll emphasise that this is plausible with the story as currently written, not necessarily the best or most likely outcome narratively.
this is proof you are dead inside, harem is ALWAYS suitable!!

Reactions: HansDampf788

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I even mentioned Once in a Lifetime, a harem game, as an example of a total marvelous game.
It's interesting you mentioned Once in a Lifetime as a marvelous harem game despite the fact that it followed the same format as what I proposed in Hillside. The routes are largely independent of one another, and the sharing didn't happen until the end of the game. Heck, the game didn't even have the sisters confronting MC since they just found out on their own and immediately so readily accepted that they're ok with sharing. Somehow you considered the game as marvelous despite lacking justification of why the characters are ok with sharing. On the other hand, you're so readily to reject any plausible explanations as to why the characters in Hillside could be ok with sharing. So clearly you aren't judging the two games with the same criteria.

More important, though, I explicitly said that I was explaining why I think this is wrong for this game under realistically constraints in development. You have literally said how are you solving the problem by each "route is independent of one another." This is the key assumption you don't see to have a problem lifting, while I think it is not a good approach, as it render choices irrelevant: what you do only matter in each route, but then you are simply optimizing individually, getting the best route individually and at the end choosing which route to go for or all together. Therefore, killing a lot of potential conflict that is natural in relationships.
I don't quite understand what you meant by this. What do you exactly mean with wanting the choices to be relevant? Can you please provide examples? Because my idea of independent routes definitely doesn't mean choices are irrelevant by any means.

Nov 23, 2020
It's interesting you mentioned Once in a Lifetime as a marvelous harem game despite the fact that it followed the same format as what I proposed in Hillside. The routes are largely independent of one another, and the sharing didn't happen until the end of the game. Heck, the game didn't even have the sisters confronting MC since they just found out on their own and immediately so readily accepted that they're ok with sharing. Somehow you considered the game as marvelous despite lacking justification of why the characters are ok with sharing. On the other hand, you're so readily to reject any plausible explanations as to why the characters in Hillside could be ok with sharing. So clearly you aren't judging the two games with the same criteria.
Once in a Lifetime had harem from the start, I can confirm since I was and still am a patron for Caribdis when the game was 1/3 of its production. Also, the routes for each character depended on how many affection points you had with that character, for example one of the characters requires you to fuck on the very last train cabin in order for you to keep the relationship alive and not get cucked. Another one is the most recent one
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Finally about the whole readily accepting is just wrong, it was established that the little sister wanted to fuck the MC for the longest time, hence why we see the pool scene where she allows him to use her as a masturbating outlet. Then we arrive to the dark haired girl first sex scene and she legit tells you to keep the relationship a secret as she is afraid that the little sister will find out. Eventually everyone accepts because why not its a harem game and it was already explained in the game why. Teacher wanted to be satisfied, rich girl wanted to be dominated, little sister older brother complex, older sister little brother complex, little sister friend adventurous side and finally the step mom having an oedipus rex side.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
and this is why i hate it that ppl leak beta versions. you costantly have ppl that complain that there is nothing new, and think bad of the dev. there should be a rule that just full updates should be postet here.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
and this is why i hate it that ppl leak beta versions. you costantly have ppl that complain that there is nothing new, and think bad of the dev. there should be a rule that just full updates should be postet here.
I agree with that except it was the dev himself that delivered the beta so calm your tits batman

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Once in a Lifetime had harem from the start, I can confirm since I was and still am a patron for Caribdis when the game was 1/3 of its production. Also, the routes for each character depended on how many affection points you had with that character, for example one of the characters requires you to fuck on the very last train cabin in order for you to keep the relationship alive and not get cucked.
That exactly showcased how it's following similar/same format as what I proposed to the other person. The fact that Once in a Lifetime had harem from the start is irrelevant because what defines whether the game goes to harem route or not is purely based on points and specific choices. If you don't have enough points, the game simply eliminated the harem scenes/route as if they don't exist.

Finally about the whole readily accepting is just wrong, it was established that the little sister wanted to fuck the MC for the longest time, hence why we see the pool scene where she allows him to use her as a masturbating outlet. Then we arrive to the dark haired girl first sex scene and she legit tells you to keep the relationship a secret as she is afraid that the little sister will find out. Eventually everyone accepts because why not its a harem game and it was already explained in the game why. Teacher wanted to be satisfied, rich girl wanted to be dominated, little sister older brother complex, older sister little brother complex, little sister friend adventurous side and finally the step mom having an oedipus rex side.
This is completely irrelevant to the discussion that I had with the other person because what you're describing here is simply why each love interest individually falls in love with MC. It mentioned nothing about the core of harem which is sharing. The thing that the other person rejected is the sharing part, not the fact that the Lloyds could individually fall in love with MC in Hillside.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
So.. can people answer me this question.. You all know who I am focusing on.

But, I was keeping all routes open to see what happened (let there be chaos). Now I read in Zoey's WT that if Lucy is open Kaylah's will be closed?

Is that how it goes?
It seems to be that way. I had Lucy's closed, and Kaylah asked me, so it's probably reversed as well.

Reactions: Turki 10

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
OMG I can’t believe they turned this macho tough guy mc into a fucking prude. How do you turn down Lucy (who I’ve picked as my LI) and made every choice to show I picked her. She’s sitting on top of you on a bed with her tits out for Christ sake with pierced nipples and he acts like a fuckin monk. Oh this is going too fast can we please slow down, Im not ready for this, even gets Lucy to accuse you of not wanting her. How the fuck was their not a choice either have sex or not. But to make us just watch it play out really bothered me. I would be done with this game if the story want so damn good, but that was pathetic, that looked like the path you would get if you didn’t pick Lucy.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I know it is a really stupid question, but are there diffrences from the version here to the version offered on patreon?
I ask because of the HQ images that are given for reaching a achievement. They don't appear in my directory.

After unren the game i found this:

first_achievement.png

I am a 10€ supporter on patreon but to lazzy to use the links offered by the dev, and use the downloads from here 'cause convenience and so...

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
He has psychological problems because of his two ex-girlfriends cheating when he was in the army. The former emma still haunts him in dreams. The man has many problems, no blame. There will come a time when the game will have scenes for sure, but after Mc can Solve the problem
Psychological problems or not when a hot babe like Lucy is sitting on top of you half naked, you have to be hard unless he’s impotent & if he hasn’t had sex in 2 years he’s real backed up and would only lasted 5 minutes anyway. But atleast it would show he wants her instead of acting like a mopey pussy that doesn’t even touch her. I’m surprised she didn’t call for his man card and think he’s gay. He’s really acting like a chick

Reactions: xsssssssss

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
OMG I can’t believe they turned this macho tough guy mc into a fucking prude. How do you turn down Lucy (who I’ve picked as my LI) and made every choice to show I picked her. She’s sitting on top of you on a bed with her tits out for Christ sake with pierced nipples and he acts like a fuckin monk. Oh this is going too fast can we please slow down, Im not ready for this, even gets Lucy to accuse you of not wanting her. How the fuck was their not a choice either have sex or not. But to make us just watch it play out really bothered me. I would be done with this game if the story want so damn good, but that was pathetic, that looked like the path you would get if you didn’t pick Lucy.
At the beginning of Hillside the MC was the usual perv. Perving over Charlotte and all that. Some people complained because that wasn't professional for a bodyguard or whatever and now we have the Warrior Monk Bodyguard :HideThePain:

4.20 star(s) 259 Votes