VN - Ren'Py - Hillside [v0.15 First Half] [DarkBlue]

1. 5.00 star(s)

galora

I have to agree with @RonSwanson5768 on a ... Alright Probably not worth the joke but I do agree, though I wouldn't be too strict : the elder sister should be a part of the story (not appearing all the time, the phone call with her was awesome).
    And that makes my segway... Love the game, lots of good humour and though there is only little content at the moment, the characters are very nice! Cute renders and the characters seem to be sweet, I'll gladly stalk all of them :BootyTime:

Anyways good luck to the dev and I can't wait for more, keep going on this path!
  2. 2.00 star(s)

PhoenixRage23

Too much of a slow burn with the storylines of each character and still no decent amount of sexual content. At the pace this game is being made I would wait at least another 3 to 4 years before it's actually good. Dialogue between the MC and Charlotte needs to be completely rewritten from the beginning. Not really sure how anyone can give this game higher than 3 stars in it's current state.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

NightOwl71

This intro albeit short is proof of DarkBlue's capability to create characters feeling real, unique, and with whom one can emotionally connect very quickly. I'd rate the graphics to be in the top 10% of F95 games, great attention to mimical expression and nicely diverse body models. Reminds me of an early AWAM, no fapware, but an actual visual novel. I have joined patreon immediately after playing v0.2. Can't wait to see the plot develop and thicken as well as relations unfold.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

RonSwanson5768

(Updated for v0.3)

So far I gotta say I really liked this game, after the 0.3 update it is still rather short, but you definitely get a sense of how the full game will be, and it is very promising.

While short, it has a good flow to it not too slow, not too fast. And it doesn't bog you down in long monologues.

It seems like this game will focus on having more "realistic" and in depth interactions which will make it much more enjoyable.

So just some criticism/advice for you going forward
    - Going forward try not to branch out, by this I mean focus on the three characters you have model, sister, and daughter
    -don't be tempted to add a bunch of other characters, because that will just slow you down
    - The MC's dialogue should be a little more consistent, his maturity level seems to fluctuate a bit particularly with the mother
    - Try to minimize long scenes without choices
    - A good trick for this is to through in short responses, and remember they don't all have to be meaningful it can just be (Good morning/how are you?) it keeps people much more engaged.

I really liked everything added in the most recent update, and look forward to seeing the next one.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Edit for v0.4:

This visual novel is actually really good. The renders are very nice and there are some complex characters introduced. They feel very natural and their personalities shine through. I have come to feel something for the characters and it's such a hard thing to make people love your characters as a writer. This game succeeds in that regard.

The story is very engaging and there's a clear "mystery" that keeps you wondering. The latest update was quite sizeable in length and I was very impressed with it. I can comfortably say this isn't a game to sleep on.

I changed my rating from a 3.5 to a 5. I genuinely think this game is going places. Check it out.

Edit for v0.2:

This is a game I will look forward to playing. There isn't much content just yet but most likely we will begin the main plot line of the story in the next update. I like all of the women/girls we have met so far so I think this one could be interesting. The renders are very clean and crisp as well.

Keep an eye on it and try it in the future. Has a lot of potential.

0.1:

Bah, really could have used more than 5 or 10 minutes for a first version. Hard to get an actual idea of how I will like this game.

The premise isn't unique by any means but certainly can make for an interesting game, from what little we have seen, we have a bit of an inexperienced and naive daughter and an overbearing mother. I'd guess there may be 2-3 LIs unless new people we haven't heard of yet get introduced.

The renders are pretty nice but the models don't seem to be unique. This is alright though as I found them gorgeous. From the small scene with the MC he seems mature which I'd much rather prefer over the eager horndog MCs we often see.

For a first version this definitely is better than most of the stuff I find on here and I'd say this has potential to be very good. That being said, me finishing this version in 5 minutes is pretty disappointing. Recommendation: put this on your watch list, keep an eye on it and try it out in half a year. With what I've seen so far this game has a promising future and hopefully with some support the developer can pump out some good content within a reasonable timeline.

Conclusion: solid 3.5. Hard to give it any higher because of how little there is. Good start otherwise.