4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Thoughts on the update:

It was chunky for sure, but I have to say I'm a bit........ disappointed?
The update didn't progress the storyline for most part. Despite it being long, a lot of it's spent doing the same old dance that we've seen till now;

- Charlotte being upset/almost not trusting MC again (this is like, how many times now? 10th? 12th?) after what MC saved Emma and kept her safe by killing Detective Carter
- Emma being Emma. Despite it being said by DB that she'll start to act more mature, she still has the mentality of a baby lol
- Suzi is once again angry with MC (surprise, surprise)

Majority of the update is spent retreading that same ground we've seen before.
Plus, most of the update Charlie spends nowhere near enough time spending one on one time with MC (so much of her time, she either spends it by herself, with Emma alone, or Emma & MC).

Whether it's the update itself, or each character's progression, I felt like it was going around in circles, being stagnant.

Considering DB saying this update will be the last long update and remaining updates will be shorter ones, which couple after will finish the game, it was disappointing, cause progression I think should should have been made, for both main story and each character overall.
So what you are saying is if you haven't already played the game don't bother?Because thats how it seems...

Sep 3, 2020
So what you are saying is if you haven't already played the game don't bother?Because thats how it seems...
I don't think that's his point we don't have that many updates

and it seems like we're spending the updates we have left doing things we've already done and instead of

moving the characters and story forward it seems that we're going backward or not moving at all

for instance, in this update, we went from Charlotte having feelings for the MC to

I'm not sure how I feel about him now

soo all the progress we made on Charlotte's birthday went down the drain

Sep 3, 2020
Well I see it as like an arrow going back to going fast forward, we didn't lose anything You can see in the last scene how she was putting her hands on him If we lost everything she wouldn't even come close to him, I think we are very close
View attachment 2140335
I don't know my brother I think we're going to have to spend future updates making her admit she has feelings

for us all over again and I don't know what's going on with this game

some people are saying the developer is burnt out and he's taking a break

and then some people are saying

we're going to get smaller more frequent updates

DiskMatter

Dec 16, 2017
I really liked the game for half it's length currently. But after that it is about doing the same cycle again and again. Same problem, same emotions, same issues, solve them, they come back, reapeat it all.

Suzi litreally have been doing the same thing all game. Comes in the game, meets MC, gets angry, leaves, some talks sense, tries to come again. Really wanted more progress on her part, but nothing, won't be surprised if she acts up again.

Same with Charlotte, only repeating, after knowing that MC was the guy she met before and his side of story there shouldn't be a doubt about his intentions at all, but hey it's eats the time. Also after telling MC that how all cops are currupt in Hillside, she takes recommendation from a detective for which guard to hire, that's not good.

Kaylah even after respecting and getting saved doesn't listen to the same person, making her so stupid and just dumb for the plot sake.

I have no problem with less sex scences, I love good stories, but this while started well has become just stuck and dull and bad. This game could be so good if the maker tried to progress it rather than just do stuff to eat time. Make story loger with new ideas, not with the same soap opera.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well, no.
The game has some really great characters ( and I did enjoy the blow-burn buildup until now.

But having said that, like Vidal said above (and I've said in my own post), narrative & relationship progression was almost zero in this update.

Dev has said before that this will be the last long update, and after this one there will be couple of shorter updates before the game reaches its ending.
Given that he said that, I think significant progression should have been made in this update, but it didn't.

MC's relationship with LI (Charlotte) or other main girls (Emma, Suzy) just felt.......stationary, going around in circles.
Not really sure how dev is going to get around all this in couple of short remaining updates, cause there's still a lot of stuff that remains unresolved.

Well I see it as like an arrow going back to going fast forward, we didn't lose anything You can see in the last scene how she was putting her hands on him If we lost everything she wouldn't even come close to him, I think we are very close
View attachment 2140335
Not really.
Before Detective Carter incident at the end of the update, Charlotte was getting to the stage where she started to become affectionate towards the MC, and after she found about MC's friend Emma, and MC's history with her, that feeling was at its peak with her even giving a kiss on his cheek.

Yet, with the Detective Carter matter, she turns on him, blaming him and gets into the same routine that we've seen before (until Emma and Lucy convinces her otherwise, which took the majority of the update).
That for me, just felt like a major backstep in terms of relationship progression (and with that I'm not even referring to sex, more like emotional progression between MC & Charlie).

I mean, I love Charlie in this game (she's literally my favorite character in Hillside), but that major backstep just felt really unnecessary tbh.
And that jacket scene only served as slight forward step in terms of the relationship.

Plus, it's not even just Charlie, who I had issues with this update.
It's the same for Emma & Suzy; both were going around circles, in stationary mode.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I don't know my brother I think we're going to have to spend future updates making her admit she has feelings

for us all over again and I don't know what's going on with this game

some people are saying the developer is burnt out and he's taking a break

and then some people are saying

we're going to get smaller more frequent updates
It is supposed to be both.
Yes the dev is going to go back to smaller updates and he is also supposed to be taking a month off but at the moment he is active on discord

Sep 3, 2020
It is supposed to be both.
Yes the dev is going to go back to smaller updates and he is also supposed to be taking a month off but at the moment he is active on discord
thank you so much for explaining it my brother by the way has anybody ever brought up these problems with the developer

I would do it myself but I'm worried because of my reading disability I will not be able to explain myself properly

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I didn't see it coming, but don't have an issue with how Char reacted now I did not see her calling the cops like that lol but she saved his ass right after. He killed the dude right in front of her and Emma was there, that can be traumatic for anyone and will take some time to collect yourself and especially with her history.

"FINISH THE CHAPTER"

She lunges toward him and gives him a big hug, "Thank you for saving my baby, I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been there, we're lucky to have you, sorry for how I treated you blahblahblah" a solid embrace to start the next update probably either a kiss on the cheek or they are close to kissing and Emma knocks on the door..

anyway let's go get them dudes and cause some havoc.. Harvey Wein.. I mean Harry Wolf might be tough he's got some connex but this other detective is ripe for the pickin I can just feel it. :)

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Well, no.
The game has some really great characters ( and I did enjoy the blow-burn buildup until now.

But having said that, like Vidal said above (and I've said in my own post), narrative & relationship progression was almost zero in this update.

Dev has said before that this will be the last long update, and after this one there will be couple of shorter updates before the game reaches its ending.
Given that he said that, I think significant progression should have been made in this update, but it didn't.

MC's relationship with LI (Charlotte) or other main girls (Emma, Suzy) just felt.......stationary, going around in circles.
Not really sure how dev is going to get around all this in couple of short remaining updates, cause there's still a lot of stuff that remains unresolved.
So with normal reading speed just how long does it take to get trough the game at its current state?

Oct 9, 2020
I really like the game the story is consistent and exciting, the artwork well done with good renders and the craftsmanship is worthy.
Here some words that came to mind while playing the latest update:
sweet pea, honey pie, sweetie, princess, cutie pie, peanut, cupcake, pumpkin, angel, honey, muffin, sunshine, cookie, gumdrop, jellybean, squirt, noodles, little bucket, potato, ms. grumpy pants, little gremlin, little lady

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes