4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Sorry that the Android version does not work. Ren'py reports that it builds okay.
I can't give an ETA for a fixed version until I find the problem, but hopefully I can get it done tomorrow.

Thanks,
DB

UPDATE: Seems that Ren'py will not create files > 2GB and Hillside crossed over that limit with this update.
I will try compressing the files tomorrow to reduce the size and see if that works

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
A few more notes. I went back and replayed those scenes leading up to him killing the phsyco-cop.... and it wasn't as if he didn't warn the cop to stop... here...

View attachment 2140953

And then there's the fact that this crooked cop probably killed Emma, the first Emma he fell in love with and then covered it up...
View attachment 2140958

So... his actions were justified and Charlotte's response made ZERO sense... if the MC didn't kill him, I would have reprogrammed the game so he did! LOL ;)
(Note: I have a really strong aversion to anyone who abuses women, I get pretty pissed as well, heheh)
On the Lucy route just before you have sex Lucy will ask you who you really want.
If you pick Lucy then you will not get he 2nd choice later in the game regarding Charlotte.
screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
And while it would be traumatizing to witness, there is no way in hell she would distrust him when he just prevented her daughter from being killed... just no way. I think the dev is over analyzing it or something.

Think about it, he has her little girl... he's about to kill her or do serious harm... the body guard you hired to protect her, jumps in, does his job and saves her life, you're little girl is safe from harm and your first thoughts are... "he killed a man, I don't trust him!"?! That's insane and makes no sense. If anything she would run into his arms, in tears hugging him and thanking him along with being SO RELIEVED she hired him in the first place.
You seem to argue as if Charlotte continued to distrust MC. That did not happen. Charlotte's distrust was only the initial reaction, and she later changed her mind once Lucy knocked some sense to her. You're trying to force Charlotte to behave the same way as what you would've done had you been in that situation while ignoring her character.

1. She doesn't trust men in general due to her past trauma.
2. She's a civilian where it isn't common to see someone killing another person.
3. Emma was safe at that point because the bad guy had been beaten. Therefore, the killing was initially thought as excessive.
4. She doesn't know/think about the corruption of the police force.
5. She wasn't thinking straight until Lucy's talk.

To be honest, I find it a little worrying how easily you'd go with it's ok to kill the guy who didn't manage to kill the hostage and already beaten. But that's just me. Maybe you're more used to violence than me.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
A few more notes. I went back and replayed those scenes leading up to him killing the phsyco-cop.... and it wasn't as if he didn't warn the cop to stop... here...

View attachment 2140953

And then there's the fact that this crooked cop probably killed Emma, the first Emma he fell in love with and then covered it up...
View attachment 2140958

So... his actions were justified and Charlotte's response made ZERO sense... if the MC didn't kill him, I would have reprogrammed the game so he did! LOL ;)
(Note: I have a really strong aversion to anyone who abuses women, I get pretty pissed as well, heheh)
Think what he should have added in this scene was when MC had Carter pinned, Carter starts laughing and says something like you think i will go to jail, i will be out in minutes and then i will keep coming for you, cause you can't stop me, and when i get my hands on that bitch i am going to carve up that pretty face of hers while you watch then when i get to Emma oh the things i will do to her. Making Charlotte realize how evil this man is and how corrupt the system is and that he is right that he won't go to jail, also giving the MC the reason to end his life.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
5. She wasn't thinking straight until Lucy's talk.
Sorry for interfering but that's the only explanation for her behavior and it's pretty weak imho. It's like as if all the memes of Charlotte never trusting MC again that were posted in this thread after the ch11 are now released in the recent chapter. It's too hard to belive that she is so much traumatised that she can't do a simple reasoning. Right before her eyes is the immediate and imminent vital danger to the most important person in her life (not to mention that the guy is swearing to chop Charlotte herself into pieces). There is MC who was wounded but eliminated that danger permanently, so she herself and her daughter's life is no longer in that danger now or in the future. The only conclusion of this facts: MC himself is the dangerous bloody murderer who should be avoided. Did she really need Lucy to explain to her that the permanent danger to her daughter's life is a bad thing, but the fact that this danger was eliminated is a good thing, and that MC did the right hing and saved her and Emma's lives?

Sep 29, 2021

View attachment 2140953

View attachment 2140958

Yes, Thank You. I would have went back and wrote this again too. And even if not rewriting, I would have at least tried to put Charlotte back in as LI. I mean, I get it, she has a great aversion to violence, especially death since she faced the same but was she deaf during the whole fight? Did she not listen to cop near confessing to killing Emma? Her old friend Emma whom she suspected was murdered? I mean, there were 1000 reasons, could have been her daughter confessing feelings for MC or anything other than this noble act. And in the whole episode she was contemplating about it? He saves your daughter and that is still not enough? I mean it's like just because DB wanted that jacket ending, he wrote something, just not coherent as before

He was right. She was wrong. End of the debate. Now just give me Charlotte - MC happy times asap

DB take care of yourself, we have waited and we will wait but don't flesh out uncooked episodes. Just please get back yourself in game and give us an ending we all are probably worthy of

Reactions: DADIANA and Old Dog

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Tested and works for me. Had to lower the quality of some images to reduce the file size.
Displays the correct version number when installing, but then the app icon showed v0.11. Not sure how to fix that at this time.
Sorry for the problems.

Android:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Well I have very mixed feelings about it...

I love all the scenes in the police and the FBI things... HillsideVN this is the way to go IMHO!!!

Obviously I love all the Emma scenes. I just really thing the whole thing with Charlotte still doubting MC feels absurd. PLEASE NO MORE, GUY IS FUCKING SAINT.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are you crazy?
Any normal person seeing someone kill another person in cold blood like he did would feel like her. If she was just ok with the scene, even because he killed the guy in front of Emma, he didn't even care if she was seeing that scene or not when he killed Carter.
Ive seen the police come to the front of my house and shoot a bunch of lowlives thieves when I was 11 years old and I had a trauma about it. It is not something easy to handle. You see all the blood, all those people who once had life running through their body, voice, movement, just having nothing anymore. I had nightmare for a long time and couldn't sleep alone either.
That shit isn't something easy to see or to cope with.

I loved that he expressed how someone would trully fell in a situation like that. I hate violence. The guy was wrong, but he could have handled it better. Even the FBI agent said so, and any normal police men, FBI agents would say the same. Killing someone isn't something easy. And specially for those who never killed someone it is not something easy to handle, unless you are a psychopath. Now, the woman who hired a guy to protect her daughter see the guy just easily killing someone in front of her eyes like if the guy was nothing, with no second thoughts, and if she doesn't hide the face of her daughter she would have seen it as well.
Any mother would react that way, or even better any person would. Unless you have seen many killings in your life, even you would feel like her.

"The guy is a fucking saint". Many women who dated men who later beat them up or killed them said and thought the same. Lets not forget that he is an ex-military and many of these people come back with some kind of mental health issues that needs to be dealt with.

Also, someone like her who just see men approach her because of her body, or to say, I fucked this woman. Many men who hires her and think they own her because she is earning their money or to use their power saying, you either have sex with me or I destroy your entire career, what would be normal on the business she was in, besides she being already a victim of abuse and sexual assault is understandable for a woman like her to have trust issues. Even if the man is a "saint". And if he is really a saint he should understand her.

Last edited:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I don't know for sure, but in a normal playthrough you can only have a Kaylah or Lucy sex scene. Or none if you are on a pure Charlotte route, which I assume in your case because you had no choices. They only appear when you are on the Lucy route also and then decide to reject her or not.
In my normal playthrough, that follows charlotte route I had the sex scene with Kaylah. Also I had sex scenes with lucy on my lucy path. You make choices along the way in the previous episodes. If someone didn't get scenes, they probably didn't choose well at some point.

Reactions: DADIANA

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Playing this game for the first time. Brilliant writing and character development. But I just can't stand Emma being so clueless about Zak. lol.
From what I can see and understand. She was a very pure innocent girl. SHe probably couldn't enjoy much of her life for having such a protective mother. Someone who was sexually assaulted like her mother would be very protective of her daughter and the daughter would be raised with not much social skills. It is exactly the way Emma is. She could only enjoy her life a lil bit after MC came into her life and she was able to go outside. I totally understand her being clueless from this point of view.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I mean I get it - visuals are great and have been elite from the get go in a certain appealing way not many other devs pursue. That said, outside of the visuals, a lot of the times the writing seemed bland and just not pushing towards places or outcomes in a manner that made the content feel like it's progressing or building up character pairings towards fruition.

This update, not only the story took a huge stretch into places so uncharacteristic towards how characters would react or process the story narratives, but the overall execution of the mandatory choice a player has to make + the completely and utterly half assed two scenes the players get after two and a half years of progression is some pretty funny business. If the slow burn was to lead to these two scenes to start the overall show, then what a half-assed and anticlimactic way to introduce a segment of what the players actually want to see in your average, even if slow burn, material.

All & all, I get the appeal but the delivery just isn't for me.
I will say this. I am pretty sure this dev isn't a professional writer. Neither he is or has a the intention of creating a sexual vn. Lets be honest here. There are literally thousands of Vns in this forum with harem content or a lot of sexual content. Why the only one VN that has no sex, or intention of having sex scenes, people get so mad about it? It is not like he is pretending to write a sex story. Since the beginning. Since the first time I played this VN, I knew I shouldn't expect for sex animations and I was ok with it. Even if I finally get involved with charlotte in a relationship, I will understand if it has 0 sex scenes. Because from what I saw and understood from this develiper, it is not his intention to create a sexual vn or maybe he doesn't have the skills to create sex animations or doesn't even like it.
With that being said. I still think it is one of the top VNs being created. First because the dev is actually delivering something, a story and he keeps updating his game with no delay or excuses. Even if he isn't as professional on his writing as a best seller book writer, I kind of like his story and I am always looking forward to it. To see what is going to happen in the life of these characters. Most of VNs in here they may have an outstanding graphic design, the most beautiful girls, cinematic animations, but the story is so weak that the only thing you can do is skip, skip, skip and masturbate to the girls and sex animations.
I am glad that I found this one VN that I can actually read and enjoy without the need of touching my dick. Feels really good to give my dick some rest, specially when it is close to the next BAD release

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Also, someone like her who just see men approach her because of her body, or to say, I fucked this woman. Many men who hires her and think they own her because she is earning their money or to use their power saying, you either have sex with me or I destroy your entire career, what would be normal on the business she was in, besides she being already a victim of abuse and sexual assault is understandable for a woman like her to have trust issues. Even if the man is a "saint". And if he is really a saint he should understand her.
This is the story's biggest and most unrealistic weak point, IMHO. Fashion industry is a work environment full of gay people, but in Darkblue own personal idea fashion industry is a place where every damn male person is a horny dude who only wants to fuck the models: jeez, that scene - Lucy, Charlotte and the 2 guys - in the last update is utterly nonsensical.

Reactions: Ahx

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
This is the story's biggest and most unrealistic weak point, IMHO. Fashion industry is a work environment full of gay people, but in Darkblue own personal idea fashion industry is a place where every damn male person is a horny dude who only wants to fuck the models: jeez, that scene - Lucy, Charlotte and the 2 guys - in the last update is utterly nonsensical.
Really cause they were saying out loud, exactly what I was thinking, lol. I did think Lucy was gonna kick their asses though

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
Fuck i didn't know about that. I'd like to think it is because the gay people would bring their best work within them, not being distracted by models seeing in their sexy clothes and poses. Also the girls must feel like they are in a much safer environment full of gay people which will only make the girls work more freely and daring to showcase their best talents without feeling vulnerable. A win win for all i guess.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes