4.20 star(s) 272 Votes

znar25

Apr 25, 2021

Hi, guys.
The story for v0.15 has been completed, and storyboarding should be finished by the end of the week. After that I can start creating the images and will post the first preview images for $5+ patrons the following week (8th December).
Several other tasks have also been completed, including creating several exciting new character models and locations.
I'm sorry again for this delay. Billing and the usual posting schedule will resume on December 1st.
Thanks for your support,
DB
Thanks Raminita !!!!!

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
Just finished writing my review and wanted to get some feedback. Is anyone else struggling with the dialogue? Especially dialogue involving the villains. I feel like it's over-the-top and not in a good way. They don't feel like real people despite them clearly meant to be fictionalized versions of #MeToo casualties.

Reactions: mulerider

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Just finished writing my review and wanted to get some feedback. Is anyone else struggling with the dialogue? Especially dialogue involving the villains. I feel like it's over-the-top and not in a good way. They don't feel like real people despite them clearly meant to be fictionalized versions of #MeToo casualties.
I honestly didn't struggle with the dialogue. But from your review it seems we have different taste as I liked all the inner monologue of the characters. Especially when you are trying to romance one of the LI like Charlotte. Speaking of romance I almost can see where you are coming from with the villains but id have to replay it for a 3rd time and think about it as I go. As dealing with Charlotte 's trauma, trying to romance her kind of over shadows any poor dialogue that might appear. As I look forward to any scenes with her in it. That and I play these game in the moment and tend not to think about the dialogue or the quality of it but rather I think about what is being said in relation to a LI or the story.

So if dialogue is good or bad is furthest thing on my mind. Probably not the best person to reply since I feel like I have the inability to determine if a piece of dialogue or writing is bad. Due to my nature of being able to enjoy a game or story in the moment and not over thinking things as play that and I believe i'm a pretty easy person to please when it comes to enjoyment of a game or story.

The dialogue I did notice that was a bit off to me was Emma acting a bit to young for her age at times. But the Villains I know there was some were off here and there but not off the top off my head without a 3rd replay and thinking about it when they show up instead of going along for the ride.

Probably not the kind of feedback you are looking for but that's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
Oh yeah, the villains are mustache-twirling Harvey Weinstein level garbage. It's so over the top and ridiculous at times. Then again Emma is written like she's mentally challenged. Never in my life have I seen a college girl act like she's 12 or younger and be so painfully naive in a world with the internet.

Reactions: Kaintfm

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Oh yeah, the villains are mustache-twirling Harvey Weinstein level garbage. It's so over the top and ridiculous at times. Then again Emma is written like she's mentally challenged. Never in my life have I seen a college girl act like she's 12 or younger and be so painfully naive in a world with the internet.
Emmas like a zombie as well, all she does is watch bad chick flicks and get stalked, no real depth to her character, at least MCs micro penis can fill that depth.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Yeah. Honestly, it just feels weird seeing Emma act how she does. I mean it feels like she's written to be 18 and a college student only because of patreon's rules. I just stopped vibing with her character. She just doesn't feel like a real character.

Honestly, when I first played this game, I thought this was going to be one of the best games on here, but since then it's been pretty mid on all counts. The only reason I keep playing is Charlotte.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I personally think it's good how it is
It's certainly better than a lot of games I have played on here
I would agree it is...however:

Emma's personality cannot be overlooked. If she was an only child, it could be forgiven but given her sister is only marginally older it does need addressing. Sure, siblings are not usually alike, but she is hugely underdevloped and there's no logical reason for it. Charlotte wanted to protect her from the world...ok, so why not Suzie as well? There's no coinsistency there. Also, age of the internet, no child is that naive and innocent without development issues (given her surroundings, she has not been raised cloistered in a nunnery after all).

This also (for me) leads to another issue with Charlotte and the writing which I also feel cannot be overlooked in the grand story. Charlotte has been 'at the top' for many, many years. She is well off, very well off. Why not just leave the industry years ago and move somewhere her kids could live a normal(ish) life? She says multiple times about protecting them and how bad the industry is. She doesn't need the money, hasn't needed it for a long time (especially given her apparent fairly frugal lifestyle also). Yet she still stayed in Hillside. She dould even, have stayed in the industry and moved away...again, she is the best of the best at the very top of the industry. She hasn't needed (in the context of the story) to have stayed in Hillside for years now. Many of the worlds top models (in real life) don't even live in the States, let alone live near Hollywood...they still get work.

These unfortunately, are very much contradictions with both her character and the story, as we are presented it. This is also one of my favourite VN's too, but to admonish the faults it has is honestly to be blind, because it does have many.

Reactions: LuciferPrometheus

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I would agree it is...however:

Emma's personality cannot be overlooked. If she was an only child, it could be forgiven but given her sister is only marginally older it does need addressing. Sure, siblings are not usually alike, but she is hugely underdevloped and there's no logical reason for it. Charlotte wanted to protect her from the world...ok, so why not Suzie as well? There's no coinsistency there. Also, age of the internet, no child is that naive and innocent without development issues (given her surroundings, she has not been raised cloistered in a nunnery after all).

This also (for me) leads to another issue with Charlotte and the writing which I also feel cannot be overlooked in the grand story. Charlotte has been 'at the top' for many, many years. She is well off, very well off. Why not just leave the industry years ago and move somewhere her kids could live a normal(ish) life? She says multiple times about protecting them and how bad the industry is. She doesn't need the money, hasn't needed it for a long time (especially given her apparent fairly frugal lifestyle also). Yet she still stayed in Hillside. She dould even, have stayed in the industry and moved away...again, she is the best of the best at the very top of the industry. She hasn't needed (in the context of the story) to have stayed in Hillside for years now. Many of the worlds top models (in real life) don't even live in the States, let alone live near Hollywood...they still get work.

These unfortunately, are very much contradictions with both her character and the story, as we are presented it. This is also one of my favourite VN's too, but to admonish the faults it has is honestly to be blind, because it does have many.
I know it's not perfect.

And I know I'm biased but one thing this game has that very few do
Is the fact that all four girls aren't trying to sleep with us during the first few days in game

I rage inside when games do that lol

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Haha
Lucy is a bit horny isn't she
For her it sort of works though
Because she has always felt inferior to Charlotte
And now some handsome dude is paying her attention she goes directly to sex

I think she has low self esteem.

But you all know me I'm looking forward to more Emma scenes
Taking her on a nice romantic date eventually would be cool

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Me reading harsh criticism
stan-writing.gif

Dear Dev don't listen to silly people, you're beautiful and love the story so far.
:KEK:

Also how dare someone speak against Lucy. She is realistic within her inadequacy nurtured by a more successful sister and moving foward with Mc first solved the blue balls dilemma some games do perpetuate.

Emma is perfect and I fight anyone who objects.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
For me when it comes to Emma acting younger than she should. It works and doesn't work for me. With her being a LI later in the game it doesn't work for me at all as I would find it hard to be with someone like that even in a game. It just would make me feel awkward and uncomfortable at times.

But when it comes to being to the MC being a protector and a father figure it works just fine for me. It actually makes it work a bit better with her not being aware how the world works and being innocent and naive. Tho I do agree doesn't make to much sense in the story why she is like that considering Suzi and Lucy are around. Even her friend Jenny to a certain point.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Me reading harsh criticism
View attachment 3127543

Dear Dev don't listen to silly people, you're beautiful and love the story so far.
:KEK:

Also how dare someone speak against Lucy. She is realistic within her inadequacy nurtured by a more successful sister and moving foward with Mc first solved the blue balls dilemma some games do perpetuate.

Emma is perfect and I fight anyone who objects.
Her inadequacy? Nurtured by a more successful sister? Lucy has carried that family on her back. She nurtured her more successful sister when she needed it the most. Nah, bro. She's the backbone of this family. That's why I chose her. Because even during the darkest times, that woman will stand by your side.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
While Lucy is ok she pales in comparison against the brave & beautiful Emma
Imagine marrying her
Whichever guy she chose would be a lucky dude

4.20 star(s) 272 Votes