Unity Abandoned Hiraeth Fantasy [v0.014.3] [Abreast Entertainment]

Skymo

Abreast Entertainment
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Impressive. The animation is really well done, and it's nice to see someone not using Renpy or RPGM. I don't really know what was going on in combat, but it was easy enough.

You got my $1. I wouldn't normally support a game this early in development, but this shows a lot of potential.
I really appreciate it man! It always pumps me up when people see my work as being worthwhile! I plan on making sure you feel like your money was well spent.

And when you say you don't know what was going on in the combat, do you mean that you don't understand why certain things were happening or that there wasn't sufficient information to explain the things that were happening?
I know that at the moment, for example, there isn't any indication of how much damage the enemy is doing, asides from watching your Health Bar go down and doing the math, which I'm not happy with, but I haven't figured out how exactly I want to display the damage yet.

Anyway, thanks again! You're the best!

V01

Jul 19, 2017
I really appreciate it man! It always pumps me up when people see my work as being worthwhile! I plan on making sure you feel like your money was well spent.

And when you say you don't know what was going on in the combat, do you mean that you don't understand why certain things were happening or that there wasn't sufficient information to explain the things that were happening?
I know that at the moment, for example, there isn't any indication of how much damage the enemy is doing, asides from watching your Health Bar go down and doing the math, which I'm not happy with, but I haven't figured out how exactly I want to display the damage yet.

Anyway, thanks again! You're the best!
For combat, I mean all I did was use one of the abilities and then keep attacking the enemy until it died. I know the game tells you about the enemy bar going up and down, but for now that seems unimportant.

Reactions: Skymo

Skymo

Abreast Entertainment
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
For combat, I mean all I did was use one of the abilities and then keep attacking the enemy until it died. I know the game tells you about the enemy bar going up and down, but for now that seems unimportant.
Ah, i gotcha. Yeah, it used to be more relevant, but I was getting a lot of feedback that people weren't able to get through the ActionMap, and I really didn't want to run people off with "git gud," since I'm only really just trying to showcase all of the different parts of the game that I've been working on.
When I implement the allies system, the combat will change some as well and you'll have more things on the screen to take care of, so you won't just be wildly swinging the sword around until your arm falls off.

Skymo

Abreast Entertainment
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still hard at work on making Hiraeth Fantasy a thing, and that the combat system has come a long way!

The public release will be update pretty soon, but if you can't wait to check it out, you can get the latest version for only a dollar on my !
4.PNG

Skymo

Abreast Entertainment
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Skymo, my dude, if you want any help with writing or editing, lemme know.
Possibly! I'm nervous to work with people I don't know personally yet, but I'm willing to consider it depending on terms. I'll pm you in a couple of days when I have more time to talk about it!

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Possibly! I'm nervous to work with people I don't know personally yet, but I'm willing to consider it depending on terms. I'll pm you in a couple of days when I have more time to talk about it!
Feel free, I'm on most nights.