3D-Daz Fan Art Holiday Island: Art Assets and Fan Art Thread

wowassault

May 26, 2017
Have you ever wanted to create a Holiday Island fan art render in a Holiday Island location (using the DAZ environments that DarkHound1 used to create HI)? I have, so a while ago I started compiling a list of DAZ assets for HI venues, and have recently decided that I would share it here:

View attachment 2102392

A couple of things:

This is obviously a VERY incomplete list, but as I find more Holiday Island DAZ assets, I will update the list and re-share it.

Please note that many of the listed assets have been adapted and modified by Darkhound for use in HI.
Finally someone with ACTUAL information and not some useless endless spam wall of mediocre renders.

Reactions: junior366

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Finally someone with ACTUAL information and not some useless endless spam wall of mediocre renders.
Thank you for the praise.

I really like Holiday Island, and felt compelled to share some practical information that I had gathered over time about some of the visual elements that go in to creating it. I also really appreciate the Holiday Island fan-created art shared here; and honestly, 'art' is in the eye of the beholder. One person's spam wall of mediocre renders is another person's gallery of creative visual tributes to a great game and its characters.

The benefit of this thread is that there is something of value here for such a wide variety of people, and I'm glad, in particular, that you found my incomplete Holiday Island DAZ asset list to be beneficial to you.

Snowsexxx32

Jun 3, 2018
I've also noticed it's difficult to hunt down the actual assets in the threads that combine the art asset listing with the fan art.

After the first few posts it's usually rare to see activity sharing or documenting the identified assets, and instead just the fan art/renders. Though some of us would appreciate something more useful than the mediocre rating you've given, I have a feeling most could greatly improve with lighting adjustments and a denoising pass, but I'm curious if you're seeing something else.

Part of the challenge with this game specifically is that the characters don't appear to simply just be off the shelf Daz models/characters with the addition of a morph or two, with many assets that appear to be imported from other tools.

I've spent quite a bit more time failing to get a Yvette that's anything close in Daz. I have a feeling that I'm being thrown off in my attempts due to something stupidly simple and that I'm overcomplicating. I have a feeling Duckswim knows but may not be free to share.

Reactions: MarsUltor

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Do you have headlamp on in the render or is there a really strong light behind the camera? Seems like that environment should have a bit more ambient light and less directional.
Yes but its a bit too dark with just the own lights