Mod Ren'Py Onhold Holiday Island Companion Add-On Mod by NiceErotica

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

XXPHXX

Dec 29, 2017
Hi everyone,

It's been already several days since the HI 0.1.7.x release. The reason why I haven't released the new companion version is very simple: I haven't had any single minute for sitting down and work on it for the last weeks.

Unfortunately, this situation will probably continue for at least few weeks more. So, I'm stopping the patreon campaign right now. I asume you patreons have already been charged for july, but you won't for august.

Likewise I hope to find some time to release a companion version during august anyway. Depending on how the summer goes and Darkhound's schedule I will publish for 0.1.7.x or maybe I will even wait for the 0.1.8.x.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
wilson
Hello , I hope you had a wonderfull summer <3

Just wanna know are you going to release 1.8.x update, or still busy with your stuff ?

Thanks for all the work.

Reactions: libertypics

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
Cheat mod is coming or not ?
It will come out, you would have known if you READ a few post back. Now the thing is it will BUT when ever the DEV feels like and has the time out of HIS personal life to release it not 1 day before. so can you all stop asking!!!

On that note if that doesn't work for you guys or it's difficult to understand or can't wait any longer then easy!! make your own cheat mod!!

The Dev does NOT owe anyone a explanation of why, when and if it will be released..... like little kids ...are we there yet.....are we there yet.....are we there yet..... :rolleyes: :cautious:

Last edited:

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
It will come out you would have known if you READ a few post back no the thing is it will BUT when ever the DEV feels like and has the time out of HIS personal life to release it not 1 day before. so can you all stop asking!!!
or basically, and given what usually tends to be the how those things play out here track record when devs make their first " I just don't have any more time in RL to do this" explanations on why a project has stalled....there is a pretty good chance the answer to his question was a simple "no" :)

Not that I'd blame the guy in the least after following his patreon.

Jul 28, 2019
I'm guessing we have to wait for a new 'New Companion Mod' update before running it with any version above 0.1.6.x?

I'm running the 0.1.8.2 version of the game and with the mod it crashes and I just get this error unless I remove the niceerotica_companion.rpyc file:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm quite hoping the mods hints system will help me work out what I'm missing out on for achievements etc.

By the way, when I extract it in WinZip, is it normal to get this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks,

Compo.

Jul 28, 2019
Problem sorted.

WinRAR was f*cking up the unzipping of the file.

The size of the files on unzipping were all at 0 bytes for some reason or another.

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
Hate to say it, but I agree. Last post he made on his Patreon was on July 22, 2019.
While I hate waiting for this too, I consider HI all but unplayable w/o it and it absolutely rocks with it, it read like he had some stuff come up and it hasn't been that long yet.
I could be wrong but I thought the abandoned mark was at 3 months, that's not 2 yet.

wulver

Jul 30, 2018
This is my modified version of the niceerotica companion mod.

Added buttons to max stats per girl or for everyone.

Just getting errors when trying this version of the mod

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 600, in execute
init -499 screen nemod_main_screen:
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 619, in execute
frame:
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 621, in execute
has hbox:
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 623, in execute
imagebutton:
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'nemod/quick_home_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 789, in script
&�����E��4��9��L�BI�<�%xl
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1911, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1899, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 220, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2875, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
frame:
has hbox:
imagebutton:
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 937, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 931, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'nemod/quick_home_%s.png').

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.8.2
Thu Sep 19 08:56:42 2019

Jul 28, 2019

While running game code:
frame:
has hbox:
imagebutton:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 789, in script
&�����E��4��9��L�BI�<�%xl
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1911, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1899, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 220, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2875, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
frame:
has hbox:
imagebutton:
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 937, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "J:\Downloads\SR2\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 931, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.8.2
Thu Sep 19 08:56:42 2019
This is just a guess Wulver, but are you deleting the '418592_' before the rest of the filename 'niceerotica_companion' when you drop the file into the game folder?

Because ConfirmPassword's file that he uploaded is called '418592_niceerotica.companion' and the file that is used for the mod is only called 'niceerotica.companion'.

I haven't used the new file mod ConfirmPassword has used yet so I'll give it a go.

Regards,

Compo.

EDIT: I can confirm that the mod with the filename '418592_niceerotica.companion' causes the game to crash, but if it is amended to 'niceerotica.companion' by renaming it, it works.

2019-09-19.png

Last edited:

Kojiro

Donor
Oct 2, 2016

you're missing the image files
download the mod from the first page for the images and overwrite the rpy file with the one from the previous post

wulver

Jul 30, 2018
you're missing the image files
download the mod from the first page for the images and overwrite the rpy file with the one from the previous post
Okay I'll try that next time I play, and for the person above I did remove the numbers from the file name, so it must be the missing files, but thanks to all the offered help.

Update: Just copied the files and everything is working now.

Last edited:

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
This is my modified version of the niceerotica companion mod.

Added buttons to max stats per girl or for everyone.

Does this update the mod to the current version, as well as add the new sliders feature, or does it just add the sliders.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes