VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Home Free [v0.1a] [Furioza]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Kalasgurka

This game is starting out to become something great!
    I hope the dev wont take too long to come out with updates because now im hooked.
    Models look great and there are lots of varieties.

Definately going to be backing this project.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Jwow3

I'm dropping this 5-stars for a very simple reason. This VN made me laugh. More than once.

The setting is relatively general in a guy lives with his sexy "landlady" and sexy nubile female "housemate." Cue many other sexy ladies to have and do potential sex with. Pretty standard and done before but not necessarily bad.

Renders are pretty good, not the best but definitely passable enough to be sexy. The character design on the other hand is very well done. All of the Characters look distinctly different with differing body types before you even talk to them and that kind of variety is rare and awesome. There should be a lady for most people in this game already. A few animations done already and while not the smoothest I've ever seen they're actually extremely well done. If you look closely some have the entire character in motion throughout the animation and I'm not sure I've seen that in a VN before. Usually you have one part moving and the rest is stationary so I thought this was impressive although there are relatively few frames in some animations that takes away from that quality a bit.

The strongest part of the VN is the writing and storytelling. As previous reviews have mentioned, this game is very well written. You play from the MC's POV and he immediately has his own unique personality established. All the other characters introduced so far also have their own unique and separate personalities established quite quickly. The writing itself is bang on, no grammar mistakes and oh so buttery smooth. The MC's jokes are original and a bit outside the box which is nice, and they can be pretty funny humor depending. Few VN's are written well enough to really make you chuckle at your screen but this one managed to do it and that's a pretty big deal as far as I'm concerned. Also there is a transgender character which is a cool bit of spicing up the game and I'm interested to see where that goes in the story.

For a first release Home Free has done a great job of setting the scene for the rest of the game. It might not have the prettiest or shiniest renders but makes up for that completely with excellent writing, humor, and storytelling. Sure I could knock a star off for not being quite as polished or visually impressive as I'd like but I don't think this is about perfection its about entertainment and Home Free is already setting up to deliver that in spades. The VN is very entertaining and I think that's criminally underrated. Doesn't really matter what the game looks like if you're having too much fun to care and Home Free doesn't even look bad and I still had too much fun to care so I couldn't find anything that made me want to take a star away. I never once felt the grind you get in some VN's to "get to the good part," and in fact, it was over all too soon. If a first release makes me want so much more I'm thinking of throwing money at it to get it faster it's gotta be good.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

maninx

Off to a nice start to becoming a very enjoyable VN in the future

Even though the plot line is pretty common what this VN excels at are writing, presentation and humor
    For me the humor was the best part and how it was presented made the VN more enjoyable and engaging
    The MC is not you typical pervy puss boy loser rather confident which is rarely seen in similar settings
    The renders are good even though there are not much details present
    The models are hot and there are enough amount of contents with decent music
    Certainly enjoyable for a first release and won't regret giving it a try.

What I'm not sure about is the story as it can be anything in the future
    With a good story that's not typical of its settings it certainly has the potential to morph into a VN that will stand out.
    Goodluck and keep up the good work.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Mourp

I think it's off to a solid start, although I'd recommend a different font for readability (as the writing is actually pretty good). The lower-case T and F are almost identical, and both look like the number 1.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DisabledAccount1110202308

Review for Home Free v0.1a

For an initial release, this VN is great. There is a decent amount of content present, it does a good job expositing and introducing characters.

Straightforward and easy gameplay, no grinding, you choose who you're interested in, and read through. Writing is proficient, couldn't spot a single mistake, characters seemed believable and realistic. Sex animations are present, which are better than most, there is music and some ambient sounds as well.

Renders have decent quality and character models look good and fairly original. Wide range of characters, in different shapes and sizes, all beautifully hot and tasty.

The MC is smart, confident and humorous, it feels satisfying to play a competent lead. Also worth noting that he has a big penis, not a horse-cock, which is actually refreshing for once. There are a bevy of dynamic relationships with characters, which should and will, lead to sex.

While there is only 1 animated sex scene, there are many nude and almost nude renders of characters, serving as a taste for the future. In this aspect Home Free is better than other initial version games. Excited to see where this goes, and whose holes MC's cock goes into.

Give this a try, you won't be disappointed. And if you're able to, please consider supporting the dev if you liked the VN.

PS- This is tagged as Incest, but in the game they are Landlady and Roommate. Maybe a Patch will come in the future, but as of this review, there is no Official Patch present.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Jimbog

What a great start to a game. It is a game with an MC that is going to be an "awesome dude". If you are looking for great looking females and may I say an awesome shemale (avoidable) then this is the game for you.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I would say that this game is fap ready.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

DSTORQUE

I'm rating this a 5 to offset the brutal 2 star review that apparently wants more grinding. I feel this game is off to a great start. There is clearly effort put into the presentation and flow of the game, the cast of women (and trans!) are varied and good looking, and the personalities of the characters mix well together. For a first release, this game shows a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to more content! 4/5 with room for improvement for now.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Iamawall

The assets are fine, but there has to be more to the story than "sex happens with girl A, then girl B, then girl C." It would be like playing a shooting game where you never move or reload - just keep firing away. Most VNs either have an interesting story or they have other mechanics like earning and spending money to achieve some goal that's not directly related to sex.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

RanchFTW

This game was a pleasant surprise. I don't know that I've liked an MC so much after a first release. This MC though is smart, wise-cracking, unafraid, and not the typical loser. I also have to give props on the banter between the different characters and the MC. There's some top notch timing going on.

Normally I'd have praised the renders or story first, but I feel the MC is the highlight of this game for me. His attitude suits me and my sense of humor I guess. Make no mistake though, the renders are great, the girls are beautiful and varied, and the story is well laid out.

I really didn't find any negatives for this one. I would rate this a 4.5. However, that's not an option and since it is a first release I will hold that last star in reserve for a future update. I really hope the developer can continue to deliver this level of game. If he does, I'll edit the rating up, and I'll probably look into supporting them on Patreon.