Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I was doing it on a USB Drive because I don't have enough space on my laptops local disk to download and extract the game. Do you know if its possible to do so or not? Because after I extracted the files to the "HS2" folder it didn't install the game. It left me with another folder with files.
I run my game off an external drive.
I'm not sure about the specific issues around multiple files because I avoid that by downloading the Torrent version. It takes a long time to download but then you don't have all of these issues aroudn having to join different files & folders. Plenty of others have got that working so that is alos possible (I just didn't have the patience for it).
Best of luck

Reactions: turbojoe

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I got an error like this. Can anyone help me fix it? View attachment 2627776
Wow. I've not seen that before. But I have seen some odd card loadings before.
I assume you've tried loading a different card. Does it just affect one card or everything? If it is just the one it is worth sharing here so it will inform investigations.
Other obvious things to try are to restart the game,
also to try changing clothing / outfit - does it apply to everything or just one item?
And I would also try changing Body Uncensor Selector.
Hope some of these ideas help. At least they may start to isolate the cause of the problem.
As mentioned if it is just one character card it is worth sharing here so someone else can load it and see if they get the same problem.

Final thought: what version of the game are you running and where did you download it from? It may be the character or ourfit requires something new and you are an old version.

Best of luck

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I downloaded the All-In-One (DX R11 Base Game Repack) from the torrent file linked in the OP using qBittorent. I did not download the optional side loader stuff. Extracted it using WinRar (took about fifty minutes) then ran the Registry Fixer, followed by the InitSetting.exe file. Updated KKManager to the latest v0.22.0.1 as requested then checked the mod updater. After about fifteen minutes, it asked me to select what mods I wanted to update. Updated everything but Extra Maps and Items for Studio. Enabled DHH, Console and Better Anti Aliasing then launched the game and everything was still in Japanese. View attachment 2627067

I went to their website and saw the latest pack is the R12 one, so I'm going to download the R11 to R12 update plus R12 Hotfix 1 and see if that fixes the issue. I'll report back when that is done but it's an agonizingly slow download.

Didn't seem to help. :/
Okay, it seems like a PC restart fixed this. Woke up this morning and launched it. Got a console window that popped up and it took a while, especially loading the DHH mod (hung up at 37% on a black screen and again at 60% on the Illusion logo screen), before I got to the main menu and things were translated. This is, apparently, one of those rare instances where restarting your PC actually does something.

kazuto364

Jul 3, 2021
Ồ. Tôi chưa từng thấy điều đó trước đây. Nhưng tôi đã từng thấy một số lần nạp thẻ lẻ trước đây.
Tôi cho rằng bạn đã thử nạp một thẻ khác. Nó chỉ ảnh hưởng đến một thẻ hay tất cả mọi thứ? Nếu nó chỉ là thứ đáng để chia sẻ ở đây thì nó sẽ thông báo cho các cuộc điều tra.
Những điều rõ ràng khác để thử là khởi động lại trò chơi,
cũng để thử thay quần áo / trang phục - nó áp dụng cho mọi thứ hay chỉ một món đồ?
Và tôi cũng sẽ thử thay đổi Bộ chọn Kiểm duyệt Cơ thể.
Hy vọng một số trong những ý tưởng này sẽ giúp ích. Ít nhất họ có thể bắt đầu cô lập nguyên nhân của vấn đề.
Như đã đề cập, nếu đó chỉ là một thẻ nhân vật thì bạn nên chia sẻ ở đây để người khác có thể tải nó và xem họ có gặp vấn đề tương tự không.

Suy nghĩ cuối cùng: bạn đang chạy phiên bản trò chơi nào và bạn đã tải xuống từ đâu? Nó có thể là nhân vật hoặc trang phục của chúng tôi yêu cầu một cái gì đó mới và bạn là một phiên bản cũ.

May mắn nhất
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
tôi sửa nó rồi. cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ <3

• Thinking Face

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
A bit of a strange question, but nothing lost in asking - is there a particular bone or setting that is tied to the position of the heel itself? Dabbling with a gargoyles style character, so I'm curious if it's a reasonable idea to try and elevate it, or entirely more trouble than it is worth.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I was doing it on a USB Drive because I don't have enough space on my laptops local disk to download and extract the game. Do you know if its possible to do so or not? Because after I extracted the files to the "HS2" folder it didn't install the game. It left me with another folder with files.
Well - you got some answers from Skeltom, jojo and Velcrofly I agree.
Your file overview inside this isn´t looking so bad, anyway follow Skeltom and "extract here" this [ScrewThisNoise...] again.
There should remain the game folder "HS2" within all the folders and files (including HS2.exe and InitSetting.exe) you have on your second screenshot.
And indeed there is no "installation", thats it. don´t use the registry fixer.bat, the game is better running standalone. You start the game with InitSetting.exe (make a shortcut to desktop), make your graphic settings and launch the game.
Yes there are people (Velcro) here running the game from external drives, so it should work.

But as I can see you downloaded BR R10, the recent version is R12.
So if this all doesn´t work I recommend a new install of R12 and then if possible via torrent. This gives you one big 7.z file much more easy to extract than these splitted packs with more or less encrypted names.

No1 website for BetterRepack is

Last but not least let me know you that´s usual here to give likes to helpful postings ;)

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Okay, it seems like a PC restart fixed this. Woke up this morning and launched it. Got a console window that popped up and it took a while, especially loading the DHH mod (hung up at 37% on a black screen and again at 60% on the Illusion logo screen), before I got to the main menu and things were translated. This is, apparently, one of those rare instances where restarting your PC actually does something.
Ok, so this is done :D
But you mentioned DHH and BetterAntiAliasing - skip the last one, this is obsolet when using DHH or GraphicsMode and may cause conflicts together.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Does anybody know why this happen? All the colors in the game are dull. I have had this problem since I had a problem with some mods and I made deleted all the ones that I had and I got the ones from a fresh install. In the studio and in the game itself all the colors are super dull and grey-ish
Did you activate GraphicsMode or DHH?

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Ok, so this is done :D
But you mentioned DHH and BetterAntiAliasing - skip the last one, this is obsolet when using DHH or GraphicsMode and may cause conflicts together.
Yeah. That wasn't a problem but I did disable the option once I saw it was in DHH. Also, I figured out what else was causing an issue. I had installed the seven official card packs but it seems like there were too many and just killed the game's ability to load or transition between screens. Removed them all and it's working pretty fast now with sub-ten second load times between transitions.

Now to go looking for some more realistic characters or read up on creating my own.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
I tried running HS2, and I ran into the same old problem I usually run into with Illusion games; terminal waiting. Every time the game wants to change screens, it takes five (or more!) minutes to do so. Five minutes to load the Illusion splash screen. Five minutes to load the sound for it ("Illusion!"). Five minutes to load the title screen. Five minutes to give me a cursor so I can do anything. Five minutes to load whichever submenu I select. Ad naseum.

It has been so long since I tried playing an Illusion game that I cannot remember what causes this, nor the solution for it. I only remember that it is a common problem, one I encountered in the past and "fixed" so that I could run previous Illusion games (e.g. Schoolmate 2). Would some kind soul please steer me to the solution?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I tried running HS2, and I ran into the same old problem I usually run into with Illusion games; terminal waiting. Every time the game wants to change screens, it takes five (or more!) minutes to do so. Five minutes to load the Illusion splash screen. Five minutes to load the sound for it ("Illusion!"). Five minutes to load the title screen. Five minutes to give me a cursor so I can do anything. Five minutes to load whichever submenu I select. Ad naseum.

It has been so long since I tried playing an Illusion game that I cannot remember what causes this, nor the solution for it. I only remember that it is a common problem, one I encountered in the past and "fixed" so that I could run previous Illusion games (e.g. Schoolmate 2). Would some kind soul please steer me to the solution?
Sometime certain screens do take a while to load but 5 minutes per screen change sounds excessive.
A couple of ideas that may help.
1. Ensure your game is as high up in your file directory as possible and that the directory name is short. So for instance I have mine in D:\STNHS2DX12\. I have read that the deeper you store it and the longer the directory names the more issues it causes and since trying it found response times improved considerably.
2. The other is if you have lots of character cards and scenes keep them stored separately and only move across the ones you want to play with / work on atthe time. This I do not do but should really try as others suggest it.

Best of luck

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Velcrofly gave you a good answer.

I only want to add that this is surely NO comman problem. I never had such an issue since playing HS2 and also not very often that a member claiming such.
On my old Desktop I had significantly longer loading times til I moved the game to an SSD.

Altough this game isn´t very performance hungry let´s have a look at your hardware.

Reactions: Velcrofly
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes