ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
These issues are still present (and probably worse). Running driver version 516.40, updated to R9 and tried a clean reinstall of R9. These issues are not present in other Illusion/Betterrepack titles such as Koikatsu and is unique to Honey Select.
I have gotten a lot of reports about HS2 and AIS performing worse on 30 series cards than on 20 series cards... no idea what's going on with that. Hopefully I will get my 3090 soon (reports have been regarding 3080 and 3090, and it sounds absurd that those cards should have problems with these games...) so that I can verify the problems, and hopefully look into what's causing it...

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
hey guys anyone know how can I fix this problem ?
View attachment 1879061
it happen after my update was interrupted when I lost my internet connection and I tried to do it again but this happened
If the updater, for whatever reason, is unable to read the server config, that error will spawn.
Usually something just dropped during checking, and doing it again will resolve the issue, but there are other known problems:

- Some users in China experience not being able to update the sources, so they lack servers to connect to.
- Firewall might be blocking the servers

Reactions: arerusha21

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Oh, the SB patch is also almost 9 gb as well? :rolleyes: Damn, wasn't expecting that.
One more question if you don't swear at my ignorance (i'm new at this HS thingy and never tried them before), how do i install it? Do i need a mod manager or something like that or do i just unzip it inside my game folder?
If you're installing the SB patch, I do got a walkthrough on my patreon: (dw, it's free, so read away >P )

If you're downloading the full repack, I got another one at
The essence is: extract it somewhere and run initsetting.exe and you good.

sense6969

Feb 27, 2019
I have gotten a lot of reports about HS2 and AIS performing worse on 30 series cards than on 20 series cards... no idea what's going on with that. Hopefully I will get my 3090 soon (reports have been regarding 3080 and 3090, and it sounds absurd that those cards should have problems with these games...) so that I can verify the problems, and hopefully look into what's causing it...
Glad to see you're aware of the issues and I appreciate the response, will keep on eye on your Patreon for any eventual updates!

voyager1ant

Mar 7, 2022
any tips on getting the game to run smooth with Graphics mod on VR? I want to use
nextgenskintextures mod on VR but using Graphics Mod and SSS enabled is laggy in VR

I am smooth with graphics mod disabled. I am pretty sure my PC with 6900XT and 12700K
should be able to handle this. I don't mind lowering so graphics.

voyager1ant

Mar 7, 2022
So I have already solved the issue with the girls having black skin by enabling Graphics Mod and SSS. And buying and applying nextgen skin textures.
Some cards from Modpack(NextGenSkin) still has this uneven color on head and body. Anyone know how to solve this? facecolor.png

Perelik

May 12, 2019
I think someone mentioned before. But really I was wondering, will this game ever be able for moders-animators to add new sex scenes , or it is impossible for this game ever to happend?

Oh and another question, which plugin is for the breast physics? One of the plugins in the ingame plugin manager has 2 options elastic and... forgot the other with values of 0.05 and 0.75 ... changing anything doesnt seems to effect anything.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh, the SB patch is also almost 9 gb as well? :rolleyes: Damn, wasn't expecting that.
One more question if you don't swear at my ignorance (i'm new at this HS thingy and never tried them before), how do i install it? Do i need a mod manager or something like that or do i just unzip it inside my game folder?
Unfortunately, I am not sure how the SB patch is installed, I use the main repack of the Japanese version.

Sounds like it might be an incompatibility along the lines of the older games, though obviously not as severe given the older games have a problem with the entire OS due to not having a certain DLL. Could be a driver thing.

I think someone mentioned before. But really I was wondering, will this game ever be able for moders-animators to add new sex scenes , or it is impossible for this game ever to happend?

Oh and another question, which plugin is for the breast physics? One of the plugins in the ingame plugin manager has 2 options elastic and... forgot the other with values of 0.05 and 0.75 ... changing anything doesnt seems to effect anything.
Pay close attention to the modder Katarsys, his HS2Plug may add positions later if it hasn't already, I lost track of where HS2Plug is in development a few months ago, when I dropped all Patreon support to stop giving any money to Patreon itself.

As for anything else, there won't ever be an easy way to add positions to the game, you would have to mod the game like Katarsys did to Koikatsu with his Kplug mod.

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
This is such a dumb question but how do I save in this game? I'm either blind or dumb because I haven't seen a button that says "save game"

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
This is such a dumb question but how do I save in this game? I'm either blind or dumb because I haven't seen a button that says "save game"
The game saves automatically on your Player´s Achievements. You only need to play advance.
The save file is here
Save.jpg
You can´t "load a Savegame" - you only can start from beginning (with tutorial) with a new player character or you delete the save.dat.

The advance of girls feeling is saved on their cards automatically. This advance is deleted when make "save new" in Character Creator or you reset the girl in the game while editing groups
Reset Girl.jpg

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
The game saves automatically on your Player´s Achievements. You only need to play advance.
The save file is here
View attachment 1882456
You can´t "load a Savegame" - you only can start from beginning (with tutorial) with a new player character or you delete the save.dat.

The advance of girls feeling is saved on their cards automatically. This advance is deleted when make "save new" in Character Creator or you reset the girl in the game while editing groups
View attachment 1882483
Alright so to get this straight. my progress with the girls is always saved but I have to put them in the groups and all that if I close and open the game again but I'll always start with the tutorial, right ?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I´m wondering what´s coming out at your verifying.

I had a theory in this direction, but I can´t test it - my GTX 1660 Ti seems to has no FPS issues.
Look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8283699 and the following discussion with Alex.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Alright so to get this straight. my progress with the girls is always saved but I have to put them in the groups and all that if I close and open the game again but I'll always start with the tutorial, right ?
Not quite right, sry if I explained not well (english is not my native language) :cry:

Again: you have nothing to save manually (excepting changes of girls cards in creator).

The save file I showed you above is always updated automatically if you do something with your Playing Character. You have only to start new (in tutorial) IF YOU delete this file. Then all your´s Player Achievements are lost too!

The development of girls feelings is saved on their cards, NOT in the save file. If you share a card of a girl you had H-scenes with it you share also her feelings. Therefore is the opportunity to reset the card to neutral.

Reactions: Hypnolover69

Vandor

Jun 22, 2018
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but to my knowledge all I had to do was choose 1 folder within the Mega Folder labeled Honey Select 2 DX Steam. Downloaded and extract SB2 Full, ran it, installed and applied Special Program patch, updated fully and then run the game via config exe?

I can't for the life of me get past the "Failed to load mono" error.

I've searched this thread but one person solved it themselves somehow...

I've tried reinstalling, but over 100GB is a bit much to continue to redownload and install.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To add to what Turbo said, you also only see the tutorial once and that is only if there is no save file. Seeing the tutorial is a part of the data in the main save file shown in the pictures Turbo provided.

Reactions: turbojoe

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
To add to what Turbo said, you also only see the tutorial once and that is only if there is no save file. Seeing the tutorial is a part of the data in the main save file shown in the pictures Turbo provided.
Okay I'm sorry if I'm not understanding this or maybe I'm explaining it in a wrong way(I'm very new to this). Let me tell you my issue. I boot up the game for the first time, do some achievments and all that, then close the game. When I boot up the game the 2nd time I get greeted with the intro again and none of the girls in their groups. is that normal ?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Okay I'm sorry if I'm not understanding this or maybe I'm explaining it in a wrong way(I'm very new to this). Let me tell you my issue. I boot up the game for the first time, do some achievments and all that, then close the game. When I boot up the game the 2nd time I get greeted with the intro again and none of the girls in their groups. is that normal ?
If you load girls into a group, which you cannot avoid to get achievements, and then close the game only to come back and find the groups are now empty the next time you start the game, no, that is a game breaking issue.

I cannot even begin to tell you where to start on this, there are a number of different things that could be causing it. I'm leaning toward a faulty mod, which would mean there is nothing that we can do until the modders fix it, but I don't know if that is the cause.

Reactions: Hypnolover69
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes