rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
HI!
Launch the game via "InitSettings" first, in the splashscreen, select "activate console". and then select "Start game".
Usually in the first launch, it takes a bit long time to start.
When your game stucks on the white screen again (hope no but..) in your keyboard press Tab+Alt keys and switch to the console window. see the last command line. take a screenshot and post it here. We will see if can help you.
So I am checking activate console, but no "console" appears or anything after I press start game, and yeah white screen T..T

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
So I am checking activate console, but no "console" appears or anything after I press start game, and yeah white screen T..T
Show us your console window. it has to be like this: 4.png

Or better yet: In you root folder it shold be a *.txt file named output_log.txt. open it and copy-paste all the text, or simply pack that file in a *zip, *rar file and upload it here.

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
like Kaseijin said, depending on your hardware the first boot can take a while. It's always good to run the init settings first anyway to set the graphics and resolution to something your system can handle.

Edit: If all else fails you could try shortening the file path. For example I have mine on E:\#HS2BR12#
Is that just changing the game folder name?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is that just changing the game folder name?
Pretty much. For whatever reason it likes to throw a hissy fit if the path is too long. I just added the # so it stays at the top out of the way, it could be anything as long as it's short. For you I guess something like D:\HS2

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
So I successfully downloaded the R12 torrent and extracted all to a folder and seemed to work fine... but upon launching the R12, can hear the music and get past illusion titlecard, but just a white screen on the real title screen :/ Any idea what's causing this? Have my game folder shown in case missing anything important... View attachment 2693471 View attachment 2693470
Looking good so far, except you have not activated common file endings in windows.
So did you launch from InitSetting?
rainingdayss.png

And as Skeltom recommended you can shorten the game folder name like D:\HS2R12 (simply rename).

AinsSakamoto

Nov 27, 2020
Hmmm.......I´m a little confused about your question, cuz I linked you a complete overview https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-10977057 what´s going on here on HS2 and how to get the full stuff. Not to forget the answers of Noelle.

So why did you try the base game only despite of this recommendation (or didn´t even read my guide?)?
Sry to say no wonder that you failed.

So once again: if you want to get happy with this game you get to download the BetterRepack R12 (the base game including a lot of common mods) from here .
Most fail save way is torrent download - much easier to extract than splitted packs from MEGA or Google.
The torrent file you can directly get here
Pls note that you don´t download the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio if you only want to play the game. This 150 GB package is only for use with StudioNEO and NOT for the game.
View attachment 2693115
You can deselect this option before starting the torrent download.

Important for well running game is a short named main folder on top of a drive (for shortest file pathes) and avoid C:\ (game may conflict with operating system), e.g. D:\HS2.
Therein you extract your download file best with 7-Zip.
Thanks for answer but I didnt "fail", as I wanted to try the base game, got curious with mods and sidetracked, therefor questions.
I can be dumb sometimes and ask silly question but I'm not an unreasonable person, and I do try to figure things myself first
Just to clear any misunderstandings

And I did download BetterRepack R12 together with base game

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
So, Im now getting myself familiar with the base game (no mods). I wanted to download some cards but ran into a problem. A lot of cards use mods and there are no hints about what mods they are using. Is there a way to find out what mods I need? And on that note is there a guide about modding the game, aaka how to install mods? Didnt find anything myself yet
Thanks for answer but I didnt "fail", as I wanted to try the base game, got curious with mods and sidetracked, therefor questions.
I can be dumb sometimes and ask silly question but I'm not an unreasonable person, and I do try to figure things myself first

I think the the problem here is that you are playing the game without mods.
Based on my explanation before, you wouldnt able to do anything with the community stuff if you play it without mod.
Thats why you got issue when loading a card other people made.
You can know which mods that you are missing if you are playing with mods installed bcs there is a plugin for dependencies checker and other stuff.
Also, most of the cards you can find in the internet are 100% only to be used with mod whether it's a free mods that compiled as BetterRepack or paid mod that the card creator owned themselves.

BetterRepack (BR) is just simply the game itself, modded, added with all the common mods the modder made (for free obviously) just as turbojoe explained. So you dont even need to look up how to mod your game. Just download the latest BR, run the game and you are freed from this headache.

You can try the modless game, but dont ever try to load people card to the client. Keep the stuff from BR within BR. You can load the stuff from modless game to the BR client, but not reversely.

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
In the studio, if I load a map Are there any ways to "change"stuff in the map like removing chairs/making things bigger? For example there's a map I liked, but I wanted to remove some things but can't find the map at all in the workspace and feel like if I barely move the camera around my camera, I'm already clipping outside of the map .-.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
mate , the sideloader i mean are 159 GB and is separate from main game they are (OPTIONAL)
Yep - that was my final thought but I had shutdown my PC already.

If you downloaded yet you only need to extract into mods, name is "Sideloader Modpack - Studio" - as you can see in Noelle´s and mine explorer scrennshot.

Download is best way torrent, then deselect the BetterRepack before starting (so far you already have the BetterRepack R12)
TorrentR12-List.jpg

Reactions: Salladz

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
[BR] Better Repack R13.png

Due to the need to patch BepInEx 5.3 plugins to BepInEx 5.4 format, as well as initial caching of zipmods, initial/first launch will take longer than usual. This is a one time thing, until plugins are updated for the new format and zipmods are cached.

From this release onward, the optional modpack for Studio is no longer bundled with the main repack. If you want that, you may find it on my download site treated as its own repack.

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

You can update the sideloader modpack (clothing mods etc) from the launcher. Just press the icon in the lower left corner of the launcher with the arrow to check for updates. I'm updating that more often than the main pack, so should get some updates there every so often ;)

This is the readme for the pack, detailing the contents:​

Code:
Release 13
<--------------------->

No donations // no ad-maze // no upfront payment
If you paid for this, you were scammed!
If you like the game, please buy it!
If you enjoy the mods, please consider donating to the modders on patreon where possible.

This pack is made with a up2date base game as of 17.01.2019, along with the components listed in credits, all up2date as of the release date of this pack. Some extras have been included, but are either easily removable or are sorted into folders marked [OPTIONAL]. Enjoy!

To add shortcuts to your desktop of the launcher and the most important folders for the game, feel free to run '[BR] Create Desktop Icons.bat'.

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

[B]IF YOU'RE MOVING FROM ANOTHER REPACK:[/B]
I don't recommend just extracting this over another repack, due to potential conflicts. Please extract this to its own folder and move over your chara, cap, studio and save folders.

[B]WANT A VANILLA PACK?[/B]
If you wish to convert this pack into a vanilla pack, there is a included script named '[BR] Vanillify the game.bat' that gives you the following options:
 1. Remove only translation, leaving the rest of the mods intact
 2. Remove all BetterRapack Extras
 4. Remove all BetterRepack Extras, mods and translation
Feel free to use this script to customize your install, but keep in mind that using this may make the game incompatible with future repack updates, requiring you to download the next repack in full!

[B]WANT YOUR CARD OR SCENE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT REPACK?[/B]
Feel free to DM me on discord (ScrewThisNoise#3544) with the card(s) and/or scene(s), and I'll see what I can do for the next release. (See community links for server link)

[B]What is included in the base game?[/B]
- Base release game
- All preorder extras
- Newest official update as of 30.10
- Premium Miko DLC
- Premium Succubus DLC2
- Premium Sister DLC
- Premium Bondage DLC
- DX Expansion

(*) = Optional mod
(**) = Utility

[B]Changelog:[/B]
[url]https://betterpaste.me/?347cf4a3267dc114#8pvDC3poQdokgqR874ikkoDg4d8ax9wV2S9W7f5J4f5w[/url]

DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS:
These are locations where either I distribute new packs and updates, or partner-sites and services do so.
------------------>
Anime-Sharing:
- [url]http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/members/screwthisnoise-181111/[/url]

F95Zone:
- [url]https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-discussion-thread.34853/[/url]

Nyaa:
- [url]https://sukebei.nyaa.si/user/screwthisnoise[/url]

Otomi-games.com:
- [url]https://otomi-games.com/koikatu/[/url]

COMMUNITY LINKS:
------------------>
Discord Fan-Server
- [url]https://discord.gg/F3bDEFE[/url]

Pastebin
- [url]https://pastebin.com/QRRKtC45[/url]
There are two download options, Full for newcomers, Update for people that already have my previous packs (So they don't have to download all of it over again). If you experience ANY problem after using the update pack, please use the full pack before reporting any problems.

Share this pack as you want, re-host it or whatever.. All credit goes to the modders actually making this possible
Feel free to tell me if you reupload the pack anywhere else! :)

I'd very much appreciate it if you would all think about supporting me on patreon, but keep in mind that I won't paywall my packs, this is just for supporting me making my packs better :)

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Sry - I didn´t want to offend you, but I was confused about you´re playing the "base game" after we showed you the way how to get the full stuff.

If you already have downloaded the BR R12 forget the "base game" (don´t even know where to get this o_O), as Noelle explained the base game is already included in BetterRepack.

But now the bad news: as to see above ScrewThisNoise just released the newest version R13 - so I recommend before you get into R12 start immediately with R13, so you have all the mods in actually version.

• Wow
Reactions: ScrewThisNoise

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
In the studio, if I load a map Are there any ways to "change"stuff in the map like removing chairs/making things bigger? For example there's a map I liked, but I wanted to remove some things but can't find the map at all in the workspace and feel like if I barely move the camera around my camera, I'm already clipping outside of the map .-.
A lot of the maps are packed together like that. They are fine and all but I have a better time just making my own. If you really want to use them you could try this plugin. I haven't used it so I don't know how well it works.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Sry - I didn´t want to offend you, but I was confused about you´re playing the "base game" after we showed you the way how to get the full stuff.

If you already have downloaded the BR R12 forget the "base game" (don´t even know where to get this o_O), as Noelle explained the base game is already included in BetterRepack.

But now the bad news: as to see above ScrewThisNoise just released the newest version R13 - so I recommend before you get into R12 start immediately with R13, so you have all the mods in actually version.
In the end that's really up to the person. I just got R12 and have no plans to "upgrade" since all is working for my needs already. That being said, it would be nice if the thread was finally updated. It's two releases behind now. I know this isn't a tech support thread but answering some questions is going to keep getting harder if everyone is using different versions of the repack.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
In the end that's really up to the person. I just got R12 and have no plans to "upgrade" since all is working for my needs already. That being said, it would be nice if the thread was finally updated. It's two releases behind now. I know this isn't a tech support thread but answering some questions is going to keep getting harder if everyone is using different versions of the repack.
You´re right - I just wondered why this thread is still called Honey Select 2 [DX R11] [Illusion] despite the newer releases.
Also the download links on page 1 here are quite outdated and indeed newbies might be confused about the recent version.

So a request to the Mods: pls update this thread !!!

Edit: site is updated now, download links on page 1 are actual

(Thanks for mods response (y))

Last edited:
Reactions: Salladz
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes