shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
Where do y'all find mods that you are missing? You can't find it on Discord or by Googling? For example, an issue that I come across often is that sometimes a character or a scene has mods that I don't have. What I do is go to Discord and write the name of the mod, and if I can't find it on Discord, I try Googling the name of the mod. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what I'm asking. How do you find mods that you can't find on Discord or Googling?

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
As I explained above the headmod for the Jill Valentine cards from the modpack already are included in the BetterRepack - I named the location in the game yet.
View attachment 3131029

Once again: if you download a card with another headmod NOT included in the Sideloader Modpack folders you should copy them into mods/MyMods.
This is important, cuz the Sideloader update function will delete all mods in the Sideloader Modpack folders that aren´t officially listed in the Sideloader Mods - here are all official Sideloader Mods, you can download them separately).

I presume you have downloaded the BetterRepack? Recent version R14?
I haven't downloaded BetterRepack yet. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable on such matters.

nguquylx123

Jan 14, 2021
Hi Guys, I'm new here, I'm wondering how can I improve my game because it doesn't as beautiful as you guys posted on thread, so if you know anything such as modpacks or how to plugins settings, etc. Please help! I downloaded the Better Repack one. Thank you so much

Last edited:

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm new here, I'm wondering how can I improve my game because it doesn't as beautiful as you guys posted on thread, so if you know anything such as modpacks or how to plugins settings, etc. Please help! I downloaded the Better Repack one. Thank you so much
First you need a somewhat nice PC.
Secondly you need to activate a graphic enhancement plugin such as DHH or GM (Graphic Mod).
Both of them are included in the repack already, so you only need to activate either one by running initsettings.exe.
After that you can tinker the graphic at the respective plugin's window. If you're using GM, it's F5.
If you're overwhelmed with how many things that need to changed, you can find a preset in the community and edit it to your liking afterwards.
Finally, don't forget to save the preset and/or set the default preset for the title screen, main game and chara maker.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I haven't downloaded BetterRepack yet. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable on such matters.
So what do you play? Is it the original base game?
If so, I recommend to download the BetterRepack from here .
Easiest way is torrent download, torrent file direct from here

In the case you may be interested in Steam version read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9723614 a comparison to BetterRepack (keep in mind recent Repack version is R14).

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Where do y'all find mods that you are missing? You can't find it on Discord or by Googling? For example, an issue that I come across often is that sometimes a character or a scene has mods that I don't have. What I do is go to Discord and write the name of the mod, and if I can't find it on Discord, I try Googling the name of the mod. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what I'm asking. How do you find mods that you can't find on Discord or Googling?
You exactly described the way to proceed in that matter.
But most common mods are included in BetterRepack yet, so it may not necessary finding mods so often.

Belonging card/scenes downloading pay attention that the author (or uploader) also offers the required mods.
Card creators presenting here on F95 https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-871 mostly add links to the extra needed mods.
For scenes watch this thread https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

Reactions: shadowr19

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
You exactly described the way to proceed in that matter.
But most common mods are included in BetterRepack yet, so it may not necessary finding mods so often.

Belonging card/scenes downloading pay attention that the author (or uploader) also offers the required mods.
Card creators presenting here on F95 https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-871 mostly add links to the extra needed mods.
For scenes watch this thread https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/
I need to download BetterRepack all packages right?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I need to download BetterRepack all packages right?
Divide the BetterRepack (game + lots of game mods) and "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - last one is only for StudioNEO and not for the game.
If you only want the game you can skip this.

Or did you talk about the splitted packs for BetterRepack (R14 = 19 files)?
As I recommended use torrent download (1 big .7z file), cuz extracting the splitted packs is a little tricky (look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r13-illusion.53457/post-11662617 ).

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
Divide the BetterRepack (game + lots of game mods) and "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - last one is only for StudioNEO and not for the game.
If you only want the game you can skip this.

Or did you talk about the splitted packs for BetterRepack (R14 = 19 files)?
As I recommended use torrent download (1 big .7z file), cuz extracting the splitted packs is a little tricky (look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r13-illusion.53457/post-11662617 ).
Thank you, I downloaded it, but I don't know where to put these files, what do I do now?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you, I downloaded it, but I don't know where to put these files, what do I do now?
If you´re talking about "these files" I guess you have downloaded the 19 splitted packs despite of my recommendation for torrent download? Well - let us see where this is leading you then.......
Extracting splitted files you have to follow this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-10481161.
Best approved tool for extraction is 7-Zip.

First create a game folder short named on top of a drive and possibly avoid C:\ - e.g. D:\HS2-R14.
Then extract the whole shit into this folder, create a shortcut to InitSetting.exe and start it.
Make your settings (resolution, only 1 Graphic type - recommended is GraphicsMode), then start the game.
A tutorial is following and leading you through the game mechanics.

Good luck (if not, ask again)

WeeWooozskwl

Oct 9, 2023
Hi everyone, I got the repack downloaded and almost everything is working as it should be. My maker is working correctly, but when I play the main game I'm stuck with only choosing & editing the characters in a group, I cannot left click to interact with sleep nor for meet and select a location, any help would be appreciated. Left click is also broken for interaction with fur, though left click does work to show help screen and grouping.

repack I download was the full torrent file.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hi everyone, I got the repack downloaded and almost everything is working as it should be. My maker is working correctly, but when I play the main game I'm stuck with only choosing & editing the characters in a group, I cannot left click to interact with sleep nor for meet and select a location, any help would be appreciated. Left click is also broken for interaction with fur, though left click does work to show help screen and grouping.

repack I download was the full torrent file.
How´s about your game location?
Most loading issues of UI are caused by file pathes too long, game folder (with InitSetting.exe) is hidden deeply in a drive.
If not already locate your short named game main folder on top of a drive, avoid unnecessary subfolders and C:\ - e.g. D:\HS2-R14

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
How reliable are the update patches? I have R13+modpack downloaded and, given Mega downloads at 0.25MB/s, the prospect of downloading R14+modpack 260GB (two weeks downloading) is not exactly thrilling.. but better than dealing with incompatibilities and bugs, so i'd do it, if needs be. It's passive downloading so it would be no big deal.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
How reliable are the update patches? I have R13+modpack downloaded and, given Mega downloads at 0.25MB/s, the prospect of downloading R14+modpack 260GB (two weeks downloading) is not exactly thrilling.. but better than dealing with incompatibilities and bugs, so i'd do it, if needs be. It's passive downloading so it would be no big deal.
You can easy upgrade your R13 with exe files from here:
But be warned: sometimes members are complaining they messed up their game with this upgrading.
I always do a clean new download/install of a new version.

Anyway is your R13 is running fine there is no urgency to change to R14. Keep your mods updated via InitSetting or KK-Manager, that´s it.

And: you know that the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" is ONLY for StudioNEO and useless for the game?
The Betterrepack R14 (game + game mods) is only 65GB to download.
Also the better/easier way is torrent download - I never need more than 12 hours for that, and it´s running automatically for itself.

Reactions: hotneko and Tressk

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
I always do a clean new download/install of a new version.

Anyway is your R13 is running fine there is no urgency to change to R14. Keep your mods updated via InitSetting or KK-Manager, that´s it.
Thanks. I actually have R11 installed, it's over a year old and is quite hard to navigate, because so many entries are untranslated and i was hoping with all the advances in AI someone did machine translation here, and every bit matters hence i want R14, despite having downloaded R13. Either way i already downloaded Koikatsu and DAZ3D, which will easily eat up 2 weeks figuring them out. Actually i'd be amazed if it only takes 2 weeks.:eek:

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes