Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Wellp, I have to say, I've had HS2 installed for about 7 months, but didn't played it again until just recently. Far inferior than HS1. The lightning is abysmal, the camera is very card to adjust, lack of mods, no belly accessories (which are imperative to add mid scene) and no way to change faces to characters mid scene and add ahegao. I know some of what I'm speaking of is mods, but regardless, the fact that the mods exist in HS1 but don't in HS2 makes HS1 far far superior. I'm seriously thinking of deleting it, regardless of size. But at least deleting it would give me extra storage in my SSD and would allow me to backup HS1 in my other computer, something I've been putting off for a while

I think the only qualities but far from redeeming are the extra scenes and voices. But it doesn't amounts to much if I can't actually enjoy it. How to put it, HS1 scenes have become immersive, but HS2 feels clearly just playing a video editor, or using a complicated program, floating around, trying to adjust the lightning, trying to move the camera. Even without mods, the whole layout is just wonky overall, feels like a skeleton in comparison to unmodded HS1

Anyways, that is just MY opinion, feel free to facepalm if thee like.

Last edited:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Wellp, I have to say, I've had HS2 installed for about 7 months, but didn't played it again until just recently. Far inferior than HS1. The lightning is abysmal, the camera is very card to adjust, lack of mods, no belly accessories (which are imperative to add mid scene) and no way to change faces to characters mid scene and add ahegao. I know some of what I'm speaking of is mods, but regardless, the fact that the mods exist in HS1 but don't in HS2 makes HS1 far far superior. I'm seriously thinking of deleting it, regardless of size. But at least deleting it would give me extra storage in my SSD and would allow me to backup HS1 in my other computer, something I've been putting off for a while

I think the only qualities but far from redeeming are the extra scenes and voices. But it doesn't amounts to much if I can't actually enjoy it. How to put it, HS1 scenes have become immersive, but HS2 feels clearly just playing a video editor, or using a complicated program, floating around, trying to adjust the lightning, trying to move the camera. Even without mods, the whole layout is just wonky overall, feels like a skeleton in comparison to unmodded HS1

The lighting can be adjusted infinitely or you can just use any of the hundreds of presets that people share.
There are belly accessories if that is your thing and you can change face expressions.

I tried HS2 first and find it far more advanced than HS1 but I would imagine that is because I don't have the range of Mods downloaded for HS1 than I do for HS2.

If you want immersive scenes try something by Daggoth or Kaseljin - both have posted lots of examples on the Scene Sharing thread and on Kenzato Booru.
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

The Trip, Desert Vixens and The School Principal are standouts for me but lost of choice for all tastes just from those two artists alone.

Best of luck with whatever you decide

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The lighting can be adjusted infinitely or you can just use any of the hundreds of presets that people share.
There are belly accessories if that is your thing and you can change face expressions.

I tried HS2 first and find it far more advanced than HS1 but I would imagine that is because I don't have the range of Mods downloaded for HS1 than I do for HS2.

If you want immersive scenes try something by Daggoth or Kaseljin - both have posted lots of examples on the Scene Sharing thread and on Kenzato Booru.
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

The Trip, Desert Vixens and The School Principal are standouts for me but lost of choice for all tastes just from those two artists alone.

Best of luck with whatever you decide
I'd have to agree with everything you said. How anyone could say that this is a step down from HS1 is a very strange thing indeed. But from their closing remark I'm pretty sure that they are just poorly trying to stir the pot.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'd have to agree with everything you said. How anyone could say that this is a step down from HS1 is a very strange thing indeed. But from their closing remark I'm pretty sure that they are just poorly trying to stir the pot.
I mean as far as I know, you can't do anything in HS1 that you CAN'T do in HS2 so I'm really confused about this...
And everything in his comment can be done in one way or another in HS2...

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
When downloading the 3 part steam version, I keep getting data errors when extracting the files.
I guess you mean the Steam SB patch.

You talk about 3 parts, that must be the SB2Patch normal (without Sideloader Modpack)
Steam-SB2normal.jpg

But recent version is SB3Patch, as "normal" without Sideloader Modpack is 4 parts to download
Steam-SB3normal.jpg

Anyway I strongly recommend the "full" pack including all mods as in the BetterRepack
Steam-SB3full.jpg

Get the link from here

Concerning extraction of splitted packs read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8174651

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

If I read your statement I wonder what version of HS2 you have downloaded to lead you to such a conclusion.

I confess that I never played HS1, when I found these Illusion games 2021 (HS2 BetterRepack R4 if I remember right) there was the general opinion the HS2 is technically a great advance against HS1, but it´s still lacking on mods.
I´m happy that I choose HS2 and I´m thinking the amount of mods are now in recent BetterRepack R12 equal or higher than HS1.
Read yourself "If you are coming from Honey Select 1".

Anyway it´s your choice...... ;)

Reactions: Velcrofly

OpTempo

Dec 6, 2018
Having issues with extracting after downloading from multiple sources. Continuously getting a "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)". I have downloaded from MEGA (twice) and G Drive, ending with the same issue. Then I downloaded from the actual Betterrepack site's MEGA and ended with the same error. Lastly I downloaded HS2 off the Betterrepack nyaa-torrent with qbittorrent and got the same issue.

I have ran CHKDSK on my D drive and found no issues. I have tried renaming the zip file shorter and putting it at the top of my drive: "D:\Honey Select 2". Not sure what else to troubleshoot. I ran into the same issue with another game, but downloading off GoFile servers seem to have been the solution for that one (which was also split zip files).

I was thinking of deleting the unreadable files in the zip then finding and replacing those files after a successful extraction. Would that even work tho? :FacePalm:

Here is a snip of the extraction error from the zip file off the torrent.
Capture.PNG

Fixed**

If your having the same problems I'm having, I managed to fix it. I downloaded it again thru torrent and onto one of my SSDs (instead of my HDD, issa old bih). I haven't thoroughly tested the game but it seems fine and was successfully extracted.

Last edited:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Having issues with extracting after downloading from multiple sources. Continuously getting a "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)". I have downloaded from MEGA (twice) and G Drive, ending with the same issue. Then I downloaded from the actual Betterrepack site's MEGA and ended with the same error. Lastly I downloaded HS2 off the Betterrepack nyaa-torrent with qbittorrent and got the same issue.

I have ran CHKDSK on my D drive and found no issues. I have tried renaming the zip file shorter and putting it at the top of my drive: "D:\Honey Select 2". Not sure what else to troubleshoot. I ran into the same issue with another game, but downloading off GoFile servers seem to have been the solution for that one (which was also split zip files).

I was thinking of deleting the unreadable files in the zip then finding and replacing those files after a successful extraction. Would that even work tho? :FacePalm:

View attachment 2635043
I would highly recommend, if you can, using the Torrent download. It downloads one file that doesn't then need joing up afterwards. The download takes a long time - I leave it to run overnight. Since switching to Torrent to download and 7Zip to extract everything has been smooth running for me - I have done this for the last 4 or 5 versions.
Also I would recommend downloading teh main game first and coming back later for the Studio NEO optional extras once you're happy with all your settings, cards, mods, etc in the new version.
Best of luck

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

View attachment 2635043
That´s weird cuz normally the torrent way is very fail safe as Velcrofly said.
I´m a little confused about the file size to extract.
The recent version BetterRepack R12 is unextracted ~60GB - so what version did you download?
And as Velcro recommended start first with the betterRepack alone - you can skip the [Optional] Sideloader Modpack Studio (~150GB, only usable for StudioNEO!) before you start the torrent downloading.
TorrentR12-List.jpg

Also you don´t need the second subfolder "Honey Select 2", try a shorter name for the mainfolder, e.g. D:\HS2R12.
Extract without subfolder
7-Zip-R11.jpg (old picture from R11).

Last edited:

sirD101

Oct 17, 2018
So about the torrent, it seems to be stuck at 80%, at least it has been for about an hour now, until now I've had a download speed of 3-4 MB :(
1684588851329.png

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
So I've been playing around a bit with HS2 and finding my way around it and the studio. I have a problem I have not been able to resolve though, how do I create see-through/NPC single-colored characters? Basically a mannequin that I can change the transparency of. Is there a setting or mod for this, or do I need to create or find some transparent overlay material to achieve this?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
So I've been playing around a bit with HS2 and finding my way around it and the studio. I have a problem I have not been able to resolve though, how do I create see-through/NPC single-colored characters? Basically a mannequin that I can change the transparency of. Is there a setting or mod for this, or do I need to create or find some transparent overlay material to achieve this?
HI!
So, do you want an NPC, a character card or an item?
I think, NPC is almost the ame as an item. Most of the items are no animated or have FK/IK nodes, I mean, can not be articulated. In the other hand, a character card has everything, you can make a character card via chara maker, in there you (I guess) be able to make the skin/overlay see-through transparent one. I am not an expert in chara maker, but I have seen cards with interesting shapes, like a slime-like skin, a full flamed and crystal. I don't have those examples but I am sure they are here in F95 site. try the search bar and perform a search.
In the past I saw a trick to make a frame like an X-Ray view, it involves using a frame and change the material in Material editor to an specific layer made in 95 persent or so in the alpha channel, sorry I just repeating what I remember, I don't have any idea what means all this :'(

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
So about the torrent, it seems to be stuck at 80%, at least it has been for about an hour now, until now I've had a download speed of 3-4 MB :(
View attachment 2636327
The downloadspeed of torrent client mainly depends on the number of seeds and peers and can variate heavily.
My fastest (since R4) was 5 hours, my slowest 22 hours.
You have to be patient.
It doesn´t matter if sometimes the download stuck, the client proceed automatically until the end so you can leave it alone.
Go to bed or to work while it´s downloading.

The big effort is the 1 big 7z file, much easier and more fail safe to extract instead of fiddling together splitted packs.

Btw I can see you´re downloading the full stuff.
For the game you only need the BetterRepack (50GB), the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio (150GB) is ONLY for StudioNEO, not usable in the game - as u can read in my posting one above yours ;)

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
HI!
So, do you want an NPC, a character card or an item?
I think, NPC is almost the ame as an item. Most of the items are no animated or have FK/IK nodes, I mean, can not be articulated. In the other hand, a character card has everything, you can make a character card via chara maker, in there you (I guess) be able to make the skin/overlay see-through transparent one. I am not an expert in chara maker, but I have seen cards with interesting shapes, like a slime-like skin, a full flamed and crystal. I don't have those examples but I am sure they are here in F95 site. try the search bar and perform a search.
In the past I saw a trick to make a frame like an X-Ray view, it involves using a frame and change the material in Material editor to an specific layer made in 95 persent or so in the alpha channel, sorry I just repeating what I remember, I don't have any idea what means all this :'(
I was thinking of a character, so I can pose it. I managed to make a completely single-colored character with a skin/face overlay, but I don't know how to make it transparent in studio. I'll see if I can find some way to apply a transparent material. Thanks for the tip.

• Hey there
Reactions: Kaseijin

pipetkins

Mar 30, 2019
Hello everyone.
When the H-scene starts, all accessories are removed from the male character. Whatever the character card is, they fly off any "main" male character. Who can tell you what the problem is and how to solve it?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I was thinking of a character, so I can pose it. I managed to make a completely single-colored character with a skin/face overlay, but I don't know how to make it transparent in studio. I'll see if I can find some way to apply a transparent material. Thanks for the tip.
Here is a guide from Great_Old_One how to make clothes transparent.
This should also work on Body Skins.

Feb 3, 2022
My HS2 has started acting up. I am not using DHH nor Graphics. It has been force closing on me a few times this week. I now know when it's going to end up closing by some "symptoms" i picked up on.

After playing or being in maker, sometimes the folder browser window straight up changes both in size and font. It becomes smaller. The rest of the game stays running fine for a few minutes more then closes. Another way is that during H-scene the subtitle font gets 2-3x times larger than normal. Not long after, it closes Or if i end the scene it closes at the white loading screen. I have been playing HS2 since R8 and my problems seem to have started after R12. I don't know if it's coincidence or not. I should also say that while i don't have a SUPER machine. Far from it, but i was always able to play on min graphics with no hiccups until now.

Any ideas on what can cause this behavior?

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
My HS2 has started acting up. I am not using DHH nor Graphics. It has been force closing on me a few times this week. I now know when it's going to end up closing by some "symptoms" i picked up on.

After playing or being in maker, sometimes the folder browser window straight up changes both in size and font. It becomes smaller. The rest of the game stays running fine for a few minutes more then closes. Another way is that during H-scene the subtitle font gets 2-3x times larger than normal. Not long after, it closes Or if i end the scene it closes at the white loading screen. I have been playing HS2 since R8 and my problems seem to have started after R12. I don't know if it's coincidence or not. I should also say that while i don't have a SUPER machine. Far from it, but i was always able to play on min graphics with no hiccups until now.

Any ideas on what can cause this behavior?
Hi!
You're right and not alone in this. Myself started to play HS2 in BR8, no issues at all, sometimes missing mods and so. The same machine until BR12, My old Laptop died ( I don't want to link its dead with playing HS2) but yes, I undergo in that machine unexpected closes, or while loading scenes, it crashes by no reason. by Today I am trying to make decent scenes to share but I encounter difficults to do a GD thing, for example my framerate drops dramatically to 15 fps and near impossible to do a decent animation with 2 actors, and don't want to say whe those actors are SSS made, like those godess from Sykosys or Daggoth, heavy cards make impossible to play, even create, could blame my pokedex machine of course, but i am sure the update in the BepInEx core and all thing who make it works are eating too much resources in old machines.
I am trying to get a brand new machine and I'm affraid it won't be enough for this BR12 HS2. Time will tell.

Reactions: slammingsalmon
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes