JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
PSA!!!

Just a heads-up to those of you downloading/installing official updates to HS2 directly from Illusion:

ScrewThisNoise has uncovered some pretty evil code (currently inactive) in Illusion's latest update for the game:

View attachment 698189

I'm sure many of you are running his repacks, and I personally backup everything before making any drastic changes to any software and always back-up my UserData folder.

Make sure you do the same, dudes, just to be safe. It'd suck to lose your entire card collection because some dev at Illusion has an axe to grind.
Besides, downloading a pirated program and updating it on the official channels has been a pretty dumb idea since 1995

Reactions: alex2011 and Leonde

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Besides, downloading a pirated program and updating it on the official channels has been a pretty dumb idea since 1995
This has nothing to do with piracy, JhonLui and 27X, this is code specifically for deleting modded character cards from UserData.

Plenty of people out there running a legit copy of the game, but using mods to fill in the massive gaps by Illusion - why should they suffer?

This is harming their products in a much worse than piracy does, because it's attacking the community that creates content that makes their games better. It's legitimately fucking nuts.

raidenforlife

May 9, 2019
Hey guys, is there any place with a tutorial to how install the things that sideloader brings? Cant figure how to put all those things..

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
This has nothing to do with piracy, JhonLui and 27X, this is code specifically for deleting modded character cards from UserData.

Plenty of people out there running a legit copy of the game, but using mods to fill in the massive gaps by Illusion - why should they suffer?

This is harming their products in a much worse than piracy does, because it's attacking the community that creates content that makes their games better. It's legitimately fucking nuts.
I understand your point, but you have to understand mine... If they can cancel content in your cpu it means that they can access it trough a backdoor and veify if the copy is legit or not. Now in most countries it's no problem for now (including mine), but the greediest companies are heavely pressing on to allow legal suits against private people and sometimes they have obtained it, in England for example as far as I know.

Regarding your point I agree with you, but I have an example of what might be happening.
Back in time there was a nice (the only one) Star Treck game called Bridge Commander, wich was totally overhauled by the community mostly Germans with more than 3000 mods and looked great (for the period). Than some 5 years ago everything vanished overnight from the net except some minor files in private websites...
Long story short, in 3 months came out the new movies and series ( Drunken in space... Where no gay has gone before... Geriatry loves droids... etc...) and 90% (yes 90%) of the new ships are the very same made by the community years back whith NO changes, and I still have them.

You can assume the rest... regarding some mentalities behind companies

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

Breedthelove

Dec 6, 2017
Hi, I'm stuck on first loading screen, I've waited 20 minutes for the game to load after the logo but it still spins.

I've started through initsettings, tried turning different options on and off, to no avail. BepinEx seems to load everything, but the main window is fully stuck.

The game started when I've downloaded it and unpacked for the first time, but I moved it to a faster drive to shorten load times. I've repaired the registry with the added file in the folder, but I still can't launch anything excpet for the settings.

Thanks for the help.
Try a fresh install. If it runs fine with minimal loading (as compared with before) then you have a problem card/ mod. Make sure any mods you install are for HS2, and certain cards made my game take a century to load.

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Try a fresh install. If it runs fine with minimal loading (as compared with before) then you have a problem card/ mod. Make sure any mods you install are for HS2, and certain cards made my game take a century to load.
It's quite possible the game generated some files on its first run based on its original folder location. And that might be the conflict. In which case, it's better to just delete everything and start fresh like Breedthelove said, mr.Y.

Press Win+R and run regedit > Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\HoneySelect2\HoneySelect2 and make sure you have the correct folder assigned to the INSTALLDIR string. If it is indeed the correct one, then a fresh install is your best bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breedthelove

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
w/o hongfire backup , im not even interested anymore lol
Incredibly cool story, bro. Thank you for sharing!

But FYI, the Illusion Soft Discord is where pretty much all of those Illusion modders from Hongfire migrated to. So you couldn't have been all that interested in the first place, or you'd be there too, offering opinions no-one asked for :FacePalm:

Last edited:

magusss

Nov 25, 2017
Hi guys, i've tried to find a right place to ask about it, but, no sucess. Any chence to HS2 have Hsubs(subtitles during h-scenes)? Can someone link me the right place to ask this kind of mod?

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Hi guys, i've tried to find a right place to ask about it, but, no sucess. Any chence to HS2 have Hsubs(subtitles during h-scenes)? Can someone link me the right place to ask this kind of mod?
Best place to look for mods right now is the Illusion Discord linked in the OP FAQ. Your mod is this way

log4242

Jan 2, 2018
Anyone know if there is a way to take high quality screenshots of characters posed in Studio Neo without the menus and control panel paraphenalia visible? I have tweaked some girls from cards I downloaded to suit my preferences, and they look amazing in Studio Neo. Much better than in the actual game. In Honey Select 1 there is apparently something called Honeyshot that allowed you to take screenshots, but I have not seen any mention of anything equivalent for HS2.

And yes, I promise I searched the thread before posting :cool:
Screen capping will work, but you can get high quality rendered screenshots in-engine by hitting F11. This will generate a notice that the screen has been saved, and store it in UserData > Cap as a .PNG.

Reactions: FoozieLoop
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes