3D-Mixed Honey Select 2 vs Koikatsu Renders

nln0

Sep 4, 2017
personally I like the look of Honey Select 2 more but it's your game, you should do what you think is better.

raykun

Jul 12, 2017
i would say Honey Select 2 but thats just my Opinion, it really depends on the Game structure (Story,Tags etc.)

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Which should you pick? Whichever one you like the best. Unless it's going to be an extremely short game it's going to take years to actually complete something. Most devs give up on their projects. If it's not the story you want to write with the art you personally like odds are good you'll get tired of it too.

Which do I prefer? I'm definitely biased. I like Honey Select 2 better than most other 3d models. KK is alright but not my favorite.

Objectively which is better or more popular? Impossible to say for sure but I've made a few observations. Koikatsu is far more common and I think it has an easier time getting to moderate levels of monetary success. I don't think that's because people like it much more though. I believe it's because it's much easier to get to a decent level of quality with the more cartoonish graphics. HS2 has way more of a difference between the high quality stuff and the generic attempts. It's harder to get the models and graphics settings up to a standard that looks very good but I think there's potential to stand out if you do. While basic KK doesn't look all that different from highly modded versions. If you're not having success with getting them to look good or just want a low effort game you might lean towards KK.

You should also factor in the story to some extent. KK does silly comedy and over the top events much better. When HS2 tries to do the same thing it usually comes across very cringe and unbelievable. There's also a good reason why KK is far more popular with fantasy settings and non human characters. It's much easier and usually far better at it. Not that it's impossible with HS2. The flip side is HS2 might be a little more appealing for a simple plot.

Getting more opinions is great just don't base something you'll spend years working on on a basic poll from random people online. Just going off the renders you have here is really hard to judge. The KK art looks pretty good to me. I don't think it would hold you back in making a game. The HS2 is harder to judge. There looks like some kind of weird effect on the skin and I have no idea why. It doesn't look like just bad textures or graphics settings to me. I don't have enough to go off of to say if I think it's high quality for HS2. I will say the models aren't bad but they do have a very standard look to them. I suspect there's quite a few places you could easily make improvements. Like learning how to use the DeepDive eyes.

Reactions: Mr. Mayhem