Honey Select better visuals with camera settings, mods etc. ?

Eatyourdessertfirst!

Leg Enthusiast
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
So as im ready to release my short ren'py game i'm noticing more and more points im not happy with. Chief among them are the visuals i get with honey select. im wondering how games like "Harem Hotel" and "Mythic Manor" get such appeling looking characters. I've fiddled with camera settings but after not being happy with the results or finding much help online elsewhere, i have resorted to ask here.

So in short: What does these previosly mentioned games use? Are there any mods? Am i missing something?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

HFM

Jul 20, 2018
'Sight' guess i can help you, but these are a very basic things, btw next time don't make a second thread for additional question, you could just ask it in here.

1 - Better visuals are achieved with mods, harem hotel seems to be using "HS linear rendering experiment" A.K.A. plastic skins+probably other illusion game "koikatsu", Mythic Manor probably uses the same plastic skins or more probably 4k graphical mod with by hand adjusted settings (or maybe default settings, not sure).

2 - Not sure if you wanted help with camera settings but in neo you can change POV of the camera using specific keys on your keyboard, check the ingame keyboard options.

3 - Again check the ingame keyboard options, spacebar makes UI dissapear.

If you want better help you should provide some screenshots so i can better understand what you are talking about, you can send me a screenshot of how your game looks now so i can guide you a little bit.

Eatyourdessertfirst!

Leg Enthusiast
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
The help is very appreciated (despite the tone). Sadly sending screenshots won’t be possible as I’m afk for several days. Think I man manage on my own tough.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I would say learn to use the sliders to create your characters, even without mods you can create good looking characters. Yes there are various mods that can help, but they will not turn a pig into a goddess.

Eatyourdessertfirst!

Leg Enthusiast
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I would say learn to use the sliders to create your characters, even without mods you can create good looking characters. Yes there are various mods that can help, but they will not turn a pig into a goddess.
No no, my characters look fine. This thread was mostly about me not finding the mods I suspected existed, but hey it might be useful to someone else who finds this thread so thank you nonetheless.

4rn4ld0

Jul 6, 2019
How do I create characters? I just start using HS1 but I can't find any tutorial, only stuff for HS2.