Honey Select black screen

AlistarSilva

Dec 10, 2017
When I open HS the screen is only black (window mode) the arrow changes, the sound listens, the menu sound, but everything is black.
In fullscreen the game is only minimized by passing the sound.

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
Are you able to exit fullscreen with the keys alt + enter, are you running with elevated privileges?

Reactions: bas

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
By doing a quick google search:

TLDR; Try to disable GPU Scaling.

Assuming that the game is not simply loading or getting scanned by an antivirus and therefore taking longer to boot up.

AlistarSilva

Dec 10, 2017
By doing a quick google search:

TLDR; Try to disable GPU Scaling.

Assuming that the game is not simply loading or getting scanned by an antivirus and therefore taking longer to boot up.
I disabled the gpu scale and it worked, thank you very much !!!

Reactions: Winterfire
D

Deleted member 989452

if anyone is still here? i did the same thing (turned off computers gpu) but it didint work

Reactions: nabeen

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
if anyone is still here? i did the same thing (turned off computers gpu) but it didint work
Still need help, changing GPU scaling didnt work, still getting a black screen
You "Might" have this problem then:

However, the only way to know for sure is if you attach the log here, I can develop crap on Unity so I might recognize the error and be able to help.

Log are generated here: (Player subsection, CompanyName = Illusion, Game = HoneySelect)

magmatime

May 11, 2020
Sooo if someone still needs how to fix it. BepInEx may be the problem.
Black screen on startup(had several plugins)((before the plugins the game worked))
so i just moved the BepInEx folder from the HSunlimited folder and it worked.
So try maybe that. Then i instaled the BepinEx v 4.0.0(had the latest one)
and the game worked again.
So maybe the problem is with the BepInEx folder. Because i use HS v 1.0.2 and i needed BepInex version 4.0.0
So maybe your problems was with it

SilverSoulx

Jul 12, 2020
Sooo if someone still needs how to fix it. BepInEx may be the problem.
Black screen on startup(had several plugins)((before the plugins the game worked))
so i just moved the BepInEx folder from the HSunlimited folder and it worked.
So try maybe that. Then i instaled the BepinEx v 4.0.0(had the latest one)
and the game worked again.
So maybe the problem is with the BepInEx folder. Because i use HS v 1.0.2 and i needed BepInex version 4.0.0
So maybe your problems was with it
Where did you find that folder i cant seem to locate BepinEx Anywhere?

Vender

Mar 26, 2019

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
last week game worked correctl but now it's a black screen, tried changes to gpu, antivirus or using local emulator and nothing helped (windows 10) (screen is black but the mouse has the HS skin and when I try to close I DO have the message box that opens asking to exit)

Reactions: Sonlock and 3142356

Coxinha59

Aug 23, 2018
Ok guys, I'm trying to open the game, but I came across a black screen, and the game cursor, but without sound, the following error appeared on the console, and I don't know how to proceed.

[Error : Unity Log] Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Dependency Exception. [Error : Unity Log] Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Dependency Exception. [Error : Unity Log] Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Dependency Exception. [Error : Unity Log] Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Dependency Exception. [Error : Unity Log] Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Dependency Exception. [Error : Unity Log] NullReferenceException Stack trace: GameSetup.Setup+<>c.<InitializeBeforeSceneLoad>b__0_0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] op) (at <f4b3ed4e035748eda610b0642947f317>:0) DelegateList`1[T].Invoke(T res) (at <a4c2336fe6524ea5b8b83e654b495615>:0) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single) MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() [Error : Unity Log] NullReferenceException Stack trace: GameSetup.Setup+<>c.<InitializeBeforeSceneLoad>b__0_1 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] op) (at <f4b3ed4e035748eda610b0642947f317>:0) DelegateList`1[T].Invoke(T res) (at <a4c2336fe6524ea5b8b83e654b495615>:0) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single) MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() [Error : Unity Log] NullReferenceException Stack trace: GameSetup.Setup+<>c.<InitializeBeforeSceneLoad>b__0_2 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] op) (at <f4b3ed4e035748eda610b0642947f317>:0) DelegateList`1[T].Invoke(T res) (at <a4c2336fe6524ea5b8b83e654b495615>:0) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single) MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() [Error : Unity Log] NullReferenceException Stack trace: GameSetup.Setup+<>c.<InitializeBeforeSceneLoad>b__0_3 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] op) (at <f4b3ed4e035748eda610b0642947f317>:0) DelegateList`1[T].Invoke(T res) (at <a4c2336fe6524ea5b8b83e654b495615>:0) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single) MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() [Error : Unity Log] NullReferenceException Stack trace: GameSetup.Setup+<>c.<InitializeBeforeSceneLoad>b__0_4 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] op) (at <f4b3ed4e035748eda610b0642947f317>:0) DelegateList`1[T].Invoke(T res) (at <a4c2336fe6524ea5b8b83e654b495615>:0) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single) MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update()