VN Ren'Py Honeypot [Sinfall Studios] Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
The game sounds very interesting. I am looking forward to the first release.
Btw, are you certain releasing a demo for the public is a good idea? You only have one chance to make a first impression, so might as well make it the best possible. You can always return to your planned release cycle later.

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Female Domination? Are you going to make the MC dominate other people or other women dominating the MC or both?
In the long term, there will be a chance for both to occur - you'll be required to interact with lots of different targets throughout the story, each of whom will have their own predilections, kinks, and preferences.

Reactions: monkey5789gj

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Hm, well I think I'm stumped in that case. I thought that Molly was Keisha Grey for sure, but maybe I'm mixing her up with someone else. It definitely feels like I've seen that exact picture, though, so it should be obvious once I find out who it is. The redhead is also superfamiliar, especially the eyes and eyebrows, but I can't quite place her either... Any hint?
I'm very happy to just come right out and tell you, but if you want to try and guess - Molly's model's initials are EJ, and the redhead's (Olivia) model's initials are VS

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
The game sounds very interesting. I am looking forward to the first release.
Btw, are you certain releasing a demo for the public is a good idea? You only have one chance to make a first impression, so might as well make it the best possible. You can always return to your planned release cycle later.
It's a good question, and to be honest, I'm not too certain of anything - this is my first game so I'm sort of feeling my way through it. But I figure that a free demo is a nice way to draw people over to my patreon in the hopes they're interested in supporting it. The plan will be to keep the demo updated as I update the game, so in effect, it is just an old version of the game that lags a few releases behind the latest release, something I've seen a few successful creators do here. I am determined for it still to be polished enough to make a good first impression though!

berny

Jun 8, 2017
It's a good question, and to be honest, I'm not too certain of anything - this is my first game so I'm sort of feeling my way through it. But I figure that a free demo is a nice way to draw people over to my patreon in the hopes they're interested in supporting it. The plan will be to keep the demo updated as I update the game, so in effect, it is just an old version of the game that lags a few releases behind the latest release, something I've seen a few successful creators do here. I am determined for it still to be polished enough to make a good first impression though!
Yeah, different release dates for different tiers is a very popular model. Personally I don't like it, because us pirates often get the version before lower tier patrons, which kind of sucks, but it's still a very popular model. I guess it's proven somewhat successfull or at least a lot of devs believe it's successfull. I was specificially only talking about the first release of the game though. Like I said, you only have one first impression. Make it as big and polished as possible.

I noticed something else. You have a couple of explicit public pictures on your patreon page. You should change that. Patreon doesn't allow public nudity. All explicit images need to be behind a paywall. There's a good chance they never find out about it, but why risk it.

Last edited:

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Yeah, different release dates for different tiers is a very popular model. Personally I don't like it, because us pirates often get the version before lower tier patrons, which kind of sucks, but it's still a very popular model. I guess it's proven somewhat successfull or at least a lot of devs believe it's successfull. I was specificially only talking about the first release of the game though. Like I said, you only have one first impression. Make it as big and polished as possible.

I noticed something else. You have a couple of explicit public pictures on your patreon page. You should change that. Patreon doesn't allow public nudity. All explicit images need to be behind a paywall. There's a good chance they never find out about it, but why risk it.
Thanks for the heads up on the patreon policy, I didn't realise that so I appreciate the advice.

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Hi guys – just to let you know the 0.1 alpha and a free demo have been released today - you can find them . As such will now be principally posting in a new thread in the released games forum. Please do check it the game, I hope you all enjoy it. And to get access to the full version, do consider becoming a supporter over at Patreon!

Preview Poster 3FD.png

Reactions: Satiro

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Thanks! I do think GGGB is one of the best games out there - if mine can be even half as good as that, I'll be very pleased :)
GGGB sure is amazing. Your demo was better than Eva's and so is the premise of your story. I'd say you are off to a good start.
If I didn't have a personal policy of not being a patreon to anyone. If I were going to be you would be top of my list, if the subsequent uploads are as high quality.
I can be quite the whiny bitch and not easily impressed, but you've done quite well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.