Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
I believe that this engine change actively makes the game worse than the original version. I'm not referring to content type/amount here, but the engine itself is highly wasteful during all but the sex scenes. At this point you've already put a couple months of work in here so I doubt you care, but I feel I need to at least say it for my sanity's sake

As with every amateur developer that makes a "phone" based game, you basically change my 1920x1080 resolution into ~500x800 while also making the text tiny as hell for no reason. Also simulating a touch screen with mouse clicks has never and will never be fun. I get that you felt HTML was limiting you, but I really wish you had just gone with a standard visual novel instead of needing to simulate a phone here.

Then, while the sex scenes aren't wasting my screen size, they actually go the opposite direction and have way too large of text for no reason. The scene itself was written fine, but I felt like I should have had a bit more agency during it.

Finally a bug: The videos were attempting to play sound. I'm not sure if you just didn't cut it out properly, or if you actually wanted them to play sound (personally I'm ok with either if I know it's coming). The sound would start and then cutoff immediately shortly after each page of the sex scene loaded. If the sound was intended to come out I highly suggest reformatting your sex scenes to only have one video per page as it's just going to be an auditory mess. Otherwise just look into however your muting them or consider editing the videos again to remove the sound bits you missed.

I'll give this another shot in the future. Maybe I'm wrong, but this direction is disappointing.

Innesda

Jul 25, 2018
Love the idea behind this, but the engine really is holding you back. I am playing this on a mac currently with Wine and it looks atrocious in terms of quality. The text is actually pixels and I can't read it for shit. Image quality is rubbish. And from the looks of it, the Windows version seems to suffer from the same issues. These need to be fixed before this is playable.

I've attached a screen capture of what this game looks like from my perspective.
1588740864720.png

KlonHad

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2019
I believe that this engine change actively makes the game worse than the original version. I'm not referring to content type/amount here, but the engine itself is highly wasteful during all but the sex scenes. At this point you've already put a couple months of work in here so I doubt you care, but I feel I need to at least say it for my sanity's sake

As with every amateur developer that makes a "phone" based game, you basically change my 1920x1080 resolution into ~500x800 while also making the text tiny as hell for no reason. Also simulating a touch screen with mouse clicks has never and will never be fun. I get that you felt HTML was limiting you, but I really wish you had just gone with a standard visual novel instead of needing to simulate a phone here.

Then, while the sex scenes aren't wasting my screen size, they actually go the opposite direction and have way too large of text for no reason. The scene itself was written fine, but I felt like I should have had a bit more agency during it.

Finally a bug: The videos were attempting to play sound. I'm not sure if you just didn't cut it out properly, or if you actually wanted them to play sound (personally I'm ok with either if I know it's coming). The sound would start and then cutoff immediately shortly after each page of the sex scene loaded. If the sound was intended to come out I highly suggest reformatting your sex scenes to only have one video per page as it's just going to be an auditory mess. Otherwise just look into however your muting them or consider editing the videos again to remove the sound bits you missed.

I'll give this another shot in the future. Maybe I'm wrong, but this direction is disappointing.
I appreciate the feedback, I believe the change will be worth it as we sort out the kinks of the engine and flush out the game.
The video's bug is because this is an old revised match that was originally rendered with the sound even though it wasn't intended and thanks to twine it was muted. Thanks a lot for your reply, we work off the feedback and its really helpful for our next updates

KlonHad

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2019
damn , i even cannot launch that game
there said my videocard driver not support opengl
We have also have another version for people with comparability issues - that might fix it, Rest assured that we will look into this and try to fix it in the next update

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
The OP says "OS: Windows, Linux, Mac". Is this just left over from previous versions or will this new engine have non-windows versions?

KlonHad

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2019
The OP says "OS: Windows, Linux, Mac". Is this just left over from previous versions or will this new engine have non-windows versions?
Yes it will have none windows version, Probably in the next update

Roflcopt

Sep 6, 2017
In my opinion moving away from html is always a step back. The current version runs on Windows only and requires multiple versions to be compiled on every release, if you want to stay platform independent.

Also html shouldn't be very limiting, but I think twine might be, if you want to simulate a smartphone. However, good luck. Learning a new language/framework/engine keeps your brain young.

KlonHad

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2019
In my opinion moving away from html is always a step back. The current version runs on Windows only and requires multiple versions to be compiled on every release, if you want to stay platform independent.

Also html shouldn't be very limiting, but I think twine might be, if you want to simulate a smartphone. However, good luck. Learning a new language/framework/engine keeps your brain young.
I actually have a programmer working with me, Its definitely a learning curve but i believe that it would be a benefit in the long term

KlonHad

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2019
Any update when the next version will be released?
Working on it still, It will introduce a lot of new content to new users of the game, The update has been slow to come out because me and the programmer cant sync our schedule and the lockdowns being eased had left us almost 0 time to work on the game, We still aim to push this update asap

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Last known communications from Dev is above this post. Hopefully they are OK, their Patreon is down.

Marked as Abandoned.