Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hopeless Infatuation [v0.1.2] [Thundorn Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

There's really not much good I can say about this "game."
    It's really always the same. It's an inherent problem in sandbox games, that they don't work so good with the system of giving regular updates for support.

There's no content, a lot of incredibly boring grinding. Locations where nothing happens. You spend days to get a specific event at a specific location... ugh.
    Like I wrote, inherent in all sandbox games, not just this one, but this is a primo example here.
    With the added problem that there is no option to set preferences + rollback and skipping of unread content is disabled.
    Like others mentioned, the UI to change locations is horrible.
    It looks like nothing, covers a lot of the screen and there are simply too many locations (with a game at this point of development).
    The writing, when and if something actually happens is okay.
    And the one big plus point the game has are the ladies. Both the mother and the sister are sexy as hell.
    The mom looks like an actual milf, the sis just looks really cute and sexy.
    Sadly, for me that isn't enough to get through grind that seems to be at least on par with the worst examples.

When will devs learn to offer an easy, non-boring way to reach content in a work in progress?
    Like, some do, so why don't all do it like that? Easy navigation, hint system, showing which character is where at all times.
    This isn't that hard and can be used in the finished game as well, so you're not wasting time AND your players won't be wasting time. I often wonder, do devs even test their games? Because if they do, why don't they realize when the games are boring as hell? A bit of grinding is okay, to make you feel you've earned your content, but boring people is like the worst thing that can happen in ANY game.

And don't remove well-established ren'py features. Rollback, a working menu ui and skipping are must haves.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Reese286

Well Its a good start for a new Dev and there is a long way to go in story development and dialogue. I'm giving it four stars for Art and Potential _ hopefully the Dev will learn and grow as the story grows. The high-point for me is the renders _ they are top shelf, no question. Both Mom and Sis are gorgeous, Mom is one of the hottest MILF's I have seen in a long while, Sis is just stunning. Want to see moar of both of them hehe... Here's hoping he does well, don't want this to end too early, want to see Mom nekid :p

EDIT: Yes I agree the UI is not the best and the lack of Roll-Back option is settings is a big issue. Thankfully UnRen works so you can force rollback. Makes all the difference.

4 Stars; (y)Joe Bob sez "Check It Out"!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

morphiospain

----------Hopeless Infatuation----------
    ----------Game_Review----------
    ----------Release_version_rated-v0.1.12----------

----------Story----------
    Dad cheated on Mom. They divorced. The MC lives with his mom and sitter. Mom wants him to get a job and be a productive member of society.

----------Positives----------
    -The scenes with the characters are very well made
    -Female characters are beautifully done
    -Lord the Mom is hot looking (personal opinion)
    -The rating are nice and add to the story
    -Very few grammatical errors

----------Negatives----------
    -It is version 0.1.12
    -Slow pace
    -Very repetitive and grindy
    -lots of crashes
    -no feature to go back, other than save points
    -Long process to get to any worth while content
    -Same line repeated consistently day after day
    -Menu selection for moving is terrible (takes up half the screen)
    -No real erotic scenes. I am sure they are there just could not work threw the grind and crashes to get there.

----------Rating explanation----------
    I was going to give the game a higher rating but after reading my own review had to change it, from a 2 to a 1. Poor story execution, repetitiveness, crashing issues, and others drawbacks way this game down. The art is spectacular and the scene transitions are good, but not enough to make up. I have to give it a 1 for now but it can surely can get better.

Art: 5/5
    Story: 3/5
    Play Ability: 2/5
    Enjoyment: 1/5 (I am waying in the grind and crashes into this)

----------Key_Takeaways----------
    I am sure the devs read these and look at what they think they need to change. This one sort of makes you think there is a lot of great artistically and creation of story work (reviewing, rewriting, and editing) and there needs to be a lot more of that amazing talent added to the game creation/development side. Being that it is a Ren'Py that should not be hard to do or get the talent needed.
    If you have sometime it may be worth trying out just for the art but it will be a grind and the crashes will get to you before to long. Hopefully future updates will take care of this. It has the making of being a decent game and could get a lot better if clean up the down falls.

Hope you enjoyed the review and it helps you decide on if you would like to play or not. Please give me feedback on what can be done to improve or what you would like added..

Cheers,
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1575367

Good graphics but I could never get very far because it kept freezing. This made loading and reloading a little tedious and I feel that the mechanics of the game need a lot more work before this is ready for even an Alpha release, which I believe it is in now.

I understand the developer must want to get it out there, but its very rough around the edges but seems to have amazing potential.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Wolfbanne

There's no game here. No story either.

If your taking a break from doing chores in real life to play this game, there's a nasty surprise coming, since that's literally the only thing you do in this game. Laundry, windows, vacuum repeat...

The "game" looks nice, but falls flat on every other aspect of an adult game, especially ENTERTAINMENT!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

deltavega

v0.1.12 :

For now very nice models, the mother looks like she's a woman in her 35 40 who keeps in shape. The sister looks like a pest "i want to be a star", typical for that age. I cant remember seeing these models in other games, nice surprise.

Nice places in the house like usual, the utility room looks a bit old for rich people but it's ok. The cameras have good positions.

The story can turn to be very good if it doesnt focus on grinding for scenes.

The UI is nice and we can hide it to uncover the complete scene.

Not a lot to do for now, it's more like a demo of the possibilities but could be a top game if we get regular updates and fixes.

5 stars to encourage the dev.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

dacris69

For a 0.1 is quite clunky but it has potential. The 4 girl models so far look quite interesting, the mother especially being gorgeous. Location renders also look really well, not your typical ones. As i said its quite rough at the moment, the UI needs some working and tweaking.

4 stars so far because of the fabolous model on the mother and the very sexy Jess.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Skylaroo

Based on v0.1, the game has to be considered as Poor.

This is yet another free-roam grind type of beautiful looking game that is designed to purposely be inconvenient to play for the players.

There are plenty of nice renders, but there isn't enough thought put into it to be coherent. A beautiful huge mansion with TWO swimming pools, but somehow a HORROR utility room that contains:
    - A washing machine from 1982
    - A vacuum cleaner that looked like it was from World War 1
    - Detergent and gasoline stored side by side, and of course the gasoline is the one nearer to the washing machine (note: maybe it really is a time machine and needs fuel?)
    - Plentiful of DELICIOUS canned vegetables that are stored right next to big can of PAINT (note: hygiene is not a priority in this household)
    - And to be more classy, a pair of panties on the floor

Back to the game design, I always feel that it's a bad idea to start TOO BIG because the game feels so empty at the start. There are a lot of locations, but the vast majority of them are of course empty with nothing to do but advance time.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but the day system might be broken because mom works and the sister goes to school on Sunday too.

Did I mention the lack of easy way to know who is where? We can check character's current location, but we have to click on relationship menu, and pray to RNGesus whether it's telling you the truth or not (hint: it's wrong most of the times!)

I can go on and on about what's wrong with this game at the current version, but I think you should experience it yourself if you dare to venture into this HOT mess.

Conclusion for v0.1: Beautiful looking crappy game that can hopefully be fixed for the future.