VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Hopepunk City [v1.1] [dateariane]

1. 1.00 star(s)

rsclassicteacher

TL;DR Attempts to completely change everything you liked about the other games in this "franchise" but does so with a HARD left turn and little experience driving. If you're in love with the renders download it and check through the images folder, the story and character reactions to you will turn you off.

HATE to give this a 1 star because I played V date back in the day and Dating Ariane is an absolute classic, with tons of replayability.

with more or less the same graphics (now dated) why 1 star? The story. Holy hell the story.

Right off the hop literally everyone thinks your the absolute biggest piece of shit waste of space. The main two girls then give you a run down that you can live there and work for them/find a job or fuck right off. When you question it they basically say "dog eat dog baby". Now Ariane was always a blunt character but this from someone they had a relationship in the past is off brand.

Now let's bring up the new setting...why? this is such an immense jump in logical setting. It would be like watching a teen drama and the next season BAM its years into the future and its cyberpunk. Sure hand wave it all you want but im not buying in, as there was ZERO set up for this in any previous work.

Lastly this game takes the entire "franchise" from a literal dating sim, into a weird life sim where you are a third wheel no one wants around, except when they do, but not when they don't.

All in all this feels like a massive divergence from the original formula and story, and shoots way to high with itself without setting up (for the authour or the narrative) the groundwork for success.

I can stick out a lot of games by holding skip just to seen renders, but this was the first where I just closed it, killed my sex drive and forced me to immediately post a review.

Find your niche and master it; dating sim, with multiple sexual orientations in various modern settings.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

RandomFapinator

Honestly, not everyday you can see a queer positive game that can caters to heterosexual males with a somewhat harem fantasy!

I like the achievement system and the multiple paths. The UI could have been more intuitive, or maybe some small hidden guide that shows locked options based on requirements so we would not need to view the website for hints or guides from https://arianeb.com/hopepunk-city-case-files/