Horrible fps on Illusion games, crashes when using alternative d3d9.dll

Odd-Eye

Jan 13, 2018
These DLL's and running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode made it work for me perfectly tried so many things and didn't think I would actually find anything that worked
As suspicious as some might find this post, these DLL are worth a try : they are the only ones I found allowing Immoral Ward to run flawlessly.
Haven't tried other Illusion games, however.

gacella

Mar 8, 2023
As suspicious as some might find this post, these DLL are worth a try : they are the only ones I found allowing Immoral Ward to run flawlessly.
Haven't tried other Illusion games, however.

Hi this is still relevant and usefull even in 2023, or at least it fixed my issues

ATEM_92

May 5, 2023
Hi this is still relevant and usefull even in 2023, or at least it fixed my issues
It doesn't work for me. I tried Sexy Beach Zero and School Mate 2, if I drop the two .dll the game crashes. If I drop only d3d9.dll it doesn't fix the issue, same with d3d9_alt.dll. What did you do? This 2 fps is driving me nuts, it's been years me trying to fix this with no avail.

Odd-Eye

Jan 13, 2018
Did a little bit of testing on my end. I can confirm it doesn't work for School Mate 2, though it does work for Premium Play Darkness, @HomeMate and Wakeari.
I don't have Sexy Beach Zero, so I can't check this one.

Also tested a couple of other DLLs I had from when I was still trying to fix Immoral Ward. Couldn't make them work with School Mate 2.
I have no idea why it doesn't fix SM2 FPS issue. Especially since the DLLs from this thread fix games both older (@HomeMate) and more recent (Wakeari) than SM2 et SB0. Tough luck, I guess...

MegaNuts420

Jun 20, 2023
These DLL's and running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode made it work for me perfectly tried so many things and didn't think I would actually find anything that worked
Tried this with Artificial Girl 3 and it worked. Other dlls from older tutorials would straight crash the game on start. For those who can't get it to work, maybe you should try updating your windows 10 version since the problem seems to start from a certain version forwards.

HappyWill16

Apr 28, 2022
I found the updated version for the d3d9.dll files for some older illusion games due to a windows update. I recommend you use chrome to translate the page and download/replace the necessary file. Hope this helps.
(more or less same above, link works at the time of this posting)

Do you still have that dll file on your computer? The link is truly dead now.

HappyWill16

Apr 28, 2022
It doesn't work for me. I tried Sexy Beach Zero and School Mate 2, if I drop the two .dll the game crashes. If I drop only d3d9.dll it doesn't fix the issue, same with d3d9_alt.dll. What did you do? This 2 fps is driving me nuts, it's been years me trying to fix this with no avail.
Try using DXVK. It works on almost all Illusion games and in my case it worked perfectly for Sexy Beach Zero, still have not tested it with School Mate 2. Once you downloaded the latest version it from GitHub, you go to the x32 folder and copy-paste the d3d9.dll into the folder containing the .exe file of the game you want to play and voilà!

The link :

cabbicab

Jan 1, 2024
Try using DXVK. It works on almost all Illusion games and in my case it worked perfectly for Sexy Beach Zero, still have not tested it with School Mate 2. Once you downloaded the latest version it from GitHub, you go to the x32 folder and copy-paste the d3d9.dll into the folder containing the .exe file of the game you want to play and voilà!

The link :
Confirm this one fix it for me (AG3)
I Have tried many d3d9.dll including the one from Gdrive from this post

BadViking

Mar 6, 2018
I had my hopes up when I found this forum. Sadly these do not work for Rape Lay. If anyone has any more suggestions, shoot me a tell.

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
I had my hopes up when I found this forum. Sadly these do not work for Rape Lay. If anyone has any more suggestions, shoot me a tell.
If you're still having issues, try this one. Just drop it in the main folder. There might or might not be a watermark in the corner, don't have Rape Lay installed at the moment but you can take it as a sign that it's working.

Also, if you have 2 or more monitors I would suggest turning the other ones off and only using one. No idea why Rape Lay in particular doesn't like having more than one monitor.

Malik177

Jul 23, 2022
So im having this problem now with SchoolMate. For some reason I think do to windows updates the direct 3d dlls I have dont work anymore. I was able to play the game fine but now im getting a white screen how can I fix this?

Malik177

Jul 23, 2022
So im having this problem now with SchoolMate. For some reason I think do to windows updates the direct 3d dlls I have dont work anymore. I was able to play the game fine but now im getting a white screen how can I fix this?
Im using windows 10