VN - Others - Completed - Hoshizora no Memoria - Wish upon a Shooting Star [Favorite]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mori Enjoyer

Version: Final
    Playtime: 50-60 Hours/3 weeks
    Gameplay/Plot: 5/5
    H-scenes : 4/5 (arguably* its not a 3 though)

I enjoyed playing through this VN. Didn't know what I got myself into when I finally finished Asuho's route and loved how comfy/anxious/heartwarming I got at the time progressing through all of the heroines' routes and the story. The artstyle is nostalgic and reminded me of "old" animes (Baka to Test/Maid Sama/Clannad), making me wonder if that artstyle has a name or a dying/evolving trend of that artstyle. The BGM/composition of the game really tied together the scenes/events that took shape, route after route learning/figuring out the story more and more while the appreciation grew for the characters stories/progression never making me feel tired/bored. At moments, however, it did feel drawn out/wrap it up already, only to outdo itself as the plot still remained coherent/concise giving out Aha! moments when piecing together information as you play through the game, debatably convoluted but not really.

H-scenes/VN Progression: 1-2 H-scenes per heroine, 7 main heroines total. Each route is about 6-8 hours. I usually started a new game every time to not miss out on any dialogue changes. You can probably save/load from the first romance options at the school entrance. When you do complete a route it would show you an indicator which route option to choose/ignore to continue on with new ones. It seems that certain routes are locked behind some routes that the player has to progress through first. I say this, because I was hoping to leave Chinami's route to finish off, best girl for last, but I had to finish her route if I wanted to do another heroines route. While the 2 H-scenes seem as if there should've been more, the build-up of intimacy/affection between the MC and Heroine(s) was enough creating a balance as the H-scenes were the cherries on top if you were invested in the story. Some of my own personal favorites, probably the best H-scenes being; Kosame/Chinami/Childhood Friend Unfortunately...Mayaka/Shino/Setsuna do not have routes...in this game. The fandisk could prove me wrong and I am stoked to eventually play it.

Plot: Move back to your hometown to reunite with a childhood friend. Devs flexed their astronomy muscles a ton with it being a main focus and some supernatural stuff. And a bunch of tidbit factoids summing it up as, "oh really? didn't know that..cool" moments. The game did take itself seriously at times, only to be met with comic relief with what was considered comedic back in the mid/late 2000s with some anime tropes/cliches. Not a bad thing in my opinion, I haven't watched anime in a long time so it left me indifferent.

Voice Acting/BGM/SFX/VFX: The VAs/BGMs honestly carried the game. Feeling immersed playing through it hearing all the cutesy/comedic/captivating dialogue/monologue from the heroines. The BGMs were extremely catchy and surprisingly relaxing with several music tracks getting different versions fitting all the scenes amazingly. Little to no VFX/SFX unfortunately... mainly talking about H-scenes in point. H-scenes felt barebones to an extent without them, Leaving no slapping/sloshing noises of skin smacking each other. Even when the VAs would play during the H-scenes, the VAs would only moan with their dialogue and no continuation until the next dialogue. The intimacy/affection the player felt for the story and its characters really had to carry hard in this case. Still able to pump a couple out great game nonetheless. VFX was more wholesome in the chibi artstyle CGs that was used from time to time.

Locked Routes Progression: All of the routes are great. Some longer than others sadly and some being locked behind others.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Tytxar

Decent story line and lores, however the translation made certain characters to be worse off as compared to the original japanese lines. (Note: I assume I was playing the official version of the 18+ game as I heard people saying the fan-translation was better)

Certain Routes being progression locked forces the player to go through all aspects of the storyline raging from family drama to the supernatural.

Overall a decent VN, however to fully 100% CGs and whatnot, you might need to turn off your brain for a route or two to open up further routes.