RPGM How can I make a visual novel with RPGM and TheKlub17 assets, just like A Struggle with Sin?

Apr 2, 2022
I'm a complete newbie and I honestly don't know how the process goes. Can someone streamline it and tell me the steps necessary or point me in the right direction?

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
This is a huge question to answer, but in short:
  1. Pick a game engine
  2. Learn the game engine
  3. Write a story
  4. Create characters and a world
  5. Render the images
  6. Create the animations
  7. Release
For your first game, go with Ren’Py and create a visual novel. Nice and simple, make it kinetic.

Learn the Ren’Py language (Python) and then you can start to create your game.

Once you have a story, characters etc you can start to render the images in TheKlub17 (whatever that is) and any animations.

I know you said RPG Maker, but for a first NSFW game with no knowledge, this is overkill. There’s no advantage to making an RPG game over a VN, if you’re doing one for the first time.

That’s my two cents anyway.
Google is your friend for those steps.

Apr 2, 2022
This is a huge question to answer, but in short:
  1. Pick a game engine
  2. Learn the game engine
  3. Write a story
  4. Create characters and a world
  5. Render the images
  6. Create the animations
  7. Release
For your first game, go with Ren’Py and create a visual novel. Nice and simple, make it kinetic.

Learn the Ren’Py language (Python) and then you can start to create your game.

Once you have a story, characters etc you can start to render the images in TheKlub17 (whatever that is) and any animations.

I know you said RPG Maker, but for a first NSFW game with no knowledge, this is overkill. There’s no advantage to making an RPG game over a VN, if you’re doing one for the first time.

That’s my two cents anyway.
Google is your friend for those steps.
Thank you so much.

What's a good and easy program to render images in? I want to produce this VN without a strong background in arts or modelling to be honest, I'm just a good storywriter and I want a 3DCG type of game. Any advice on that regard?

Really appreciate your comment by the way.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Thank you so much.

What's a good and easy program to render images in? I want to produce this VN without a strong background in arts or modelling to be honest, I'm just a good storywriter and I want a 3DCG type of game. Any advice on that regard?

Really appreciate your comment by the way.
The obvious answer is Daz.
We have tonnes of assets on here and the actual program is free.
It has a bit of a learning curve and creating larger models (BBW, big breasts) are a bit of a pain.
You will need a decent graphics card to render, but there’s lots of tutorials on here on getting the best out of your rig.
Animations aren’t particularly easy, but for a first release… just focus on images.

If you want to hard on 3D, learn Blender. There’s nothing you can’t do in that program.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Also, if you’re new… potentially look to form a team and find an artist. It’s an expensive hobby if you’re new to rendering. Especially if you favour the writing/coding.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Thicclord has given great basic advice.

My two cents: the biggest cost by far is time.

Unless you care very little for "quality", even a short KN would be 100+ hours of work rendering, writing, coding, testing, polishing.

I absolutely encourage all players who have an idea and some enthusiasm to give it a try, but there is a reason why so many games get abandoned - the effort-to-external-reward ratio is not great if you only have a passing interest. If you are really keen on an idea that you desparately want to share with the world, and have lots of freetime and are a masochist, then go for it. It also helps a lot to be able to go "eh that's close enough" - if you have perfectionist tendencies then you'll get bogged down and never make good progress.