Unreal Engine how can we achieve soft Skin Physics in Unreal Engine

darkevilhum

Sep 9, 2017

Maybe it'll be fixed by the time 5.5 is actually released? hopefully? I mean it's a pretty major issue they've gotta be aware of it, morphs are used a lot for many types of games.

Btw reason i've had little to contribute lately is because i've been focusing my efforts in a different direction, i've gotten really lost in trying to make a mechanism to make a dildo work like, well, like we all know we want it to work :cool: (it's more complicated than i thought, in theory it's simple, in practice, so many problems) and once i've done that i'll play around a bit with collision, then i'm going to go back to some courses i've left unfinished on (do recommend, it's a good course) and niagara effects at which point i'll come back and try messing around with .

Naturally that'll take a while though, but currently i believe that the spring bone approach demonstrated by darkevilhum will probably be the best fit for my project.
Let me know how you get on with the fake particle soft body stuff if you get around to it. I briefly tried it a while ago on my Daz character and I couldn't eliminate weird spikey vertices all over the body. I may have set it up wrong but I couldn't figure out why it was doing that. It was also very laggy for me.

Reactions: Velomous and razfaz

razfaz

Mar 24, 2021
Btw reason i've had little to contribute lately is because i've been focusing my efforts in a different direction, i've gotten really lost in trying to make a mechanism to make a dildo work like, well, like we all know we want it to work :cool: (it's more complicated than i thought, in theory it's simple, in practice, so many problems) and once i've done that i'll play around a bit with collision, then i'm going to go back to some courses i've left unfinished on (do recommend, it's a good course) and niagara effects at which point i'll come back and try messing around with .

Naturally that'll take a while though, but currently i believe that the spring bone approach demonstrated by darkevilhum will probably be the best fit for my project.
Conclusion

[SoftSkin]
In my opinion, the Shader approach is the best to go for atm.

[SKM-Nanites]
Not ready to fulfill this task atm.

[Dildos]
Niagara is definitely a technique worth to learn n' share + master. /me luv it

Last edited: