How come game devs waste time/animation on dreams within a game?

damndor

Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018
*topic*

I've now played about 300 games, and i cannot understand why the developers insist on creating scenes where the MC is dreaming about a particular happening with a girl/guy, especially a sexual scene. Why bother wasting resources, time and effort creating a dream? Ok, i do understand if that particular dream is story-related, like a past non-sexual happening, but if it's just an ordinary dream, like one where the MC goes like "ohh how much i'd like to have sexytime with <insert character name>" and then a dream about it occurs. Now -that- is just utterly pointless. I hope that others too sees it this way. Instead of spending time creating dreams within the game, spend time creating more animations/storylines for the characters. That way, not only will you create more content for the actual story, but also more "real life" (what's actually happening in the game) animations/content will be done. Again; i don't mind dreams with flashbacks, text and some simplified things, but no need to waste time creating sexual animations within a dream, but instead spend time creating those animations for the "real life" characters.

Although it's one very unorthodox "issue" i've been wondering on, i am still curious if there are others who also reckons/thinks the same way, or is it just me..? Any thoughts about this, or? I've always wondered, hence why i wanted to post this.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
An issue of ~2016 era games is that people had to wait for a year before they saw a blowjob and several years before the first penetration. This issue gets alleviated by either fucking a random side character that you'll never see again or by the dream sequence. There's also several devs (FILF and Dating my roommate come to mind) that put a lot of effort in this dream sequence to bait paypigs and then continue to milk the game with low effort and sparse releases. It also serves as a showcase for the dev's skills early on.

Reactions: Uldork57

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
You need a sex scene in the first hour or so. But it might not make any sense.

aesc72

Jun 13, 2020
I agree with you- dreams and peeking scenes feel so much like filler content and that time would be better spent on the actual storyline. I guess players are just impatient to see some sex and devs are eager to show "the goods" of their character models to attract new supporters, so it's a perfect match.

Shinoera

Jan 13, 2019
Yes, it's sometimes hard to find a reason in a scenario for the MC to fuck in the first 30 minutes of a game :unsure:
After that, most players leave, so the devs try to keep players alert, it's the same thing as on sites like Webnovel, if you write a story with the Tag: R-18, you have to put a sex scene in the first 2 chapters otherwise you lose 50% of the readers that might be interested.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I wish Devs would focus on Story/Characters instead of Sex-Scenes. If the Sex in a Game is not meaningful, its pointless. For example the first Sex in DMD was like 100x better than in any other Game because you spend so much time with your Daughter until then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nottravis

Shinoera

Jan 13, 2019
I wish Devs would focus on Story/Characters instead of Sex-Scenes. If the Sex in a Game is no meaningful, its pointless. For example the first Sex in DMD was like 100x better than in any other Game because you spend so much time with your Daughter until then.
We can't really blame them. Most of them want to make at least some money, so they make sure they please the masses. Of course, on my part, I'd rather write a story than a "sex game", but most writers, especially team writers, have clear guidelines, preventing them from creating something that they really like.