How detailed are facial expressions in HS 2? (Assume modded)

ChurryOp

May 17, 2021
I'm working on a project and trying to figure out what the least-complicated rendering option is for it. The main criteria is that the characters have to have understandable facial expressions (happiness, fear, calm, sadness, irritation) without depending on over-the-top facial contortions. Is Honey Select 2 capable of this? Does anyone have any examples they can share?

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Why not download the game yourself and see if the expressions are suitable? Or head over to the games section of this website and look for ones made in HS, and see what the expressions are like.

From what I recall HS has an abundance of facial expressions, as well as the option to control head and eye tracking. I believe you can even blend different expressions for more variety.

Reactions: ChurryOp

ChurryOp

May 17, 2021
I've downloaded the game, but have no idea what someone who knows what they're doing can achieve with it. I've also downloaded some games that appear to use HS characters...but facial expressions apparently weren't the priority. Even a suggestion of some HS-character-based games or VNs would help.

However, the best would be actual images showing the range of expressions possible, given that the objective is more subtle expression and not the "OMG!#@!" face often used.