RPGM How do I change the title bar in RPGMMZ (For Lossless Scaling)?

rs1313

Aug 2, 2023
How do I change the title bar in RPG Maker MZ (the black title bar) to something similar to the title bar of RPG Maker MV(white/default)?

I use Lossless Scaling for RPGM games. When I go fullscreen in most RPGM MZ (with the black title bar), the title bar also gets upscaled and it gets in the way when I'm playing. But when I use Lossless Scaling for games with white/default title bar in PGM MV. the title bar is gone when I upscale it.

My current workaround is increasing the scale of the upscale to get rid of the title bar, but this way the game gets too zoomed in and bottom part of the game also got cropped a bit.
1700843474277.png

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm encountering the same problem, title bar gets upscaled along with the game output. It's not a dealbreaker for me or anything but I'd love to figure out how get rid of it.

I just recently started using Lossless Scaling for older RPGM games and honestly I'm not sure I'll ever go back, it's great!

EDIT: Ha, answered my own question. Well, I'll post my solution here anyways, in case any other google or F95 lurkers come across this in their search results (like I did when I posted this)

In Lossless Scaling there is a cropping tool you can use to crop out the game's title bar. Scroll down in the third column of settings until you see the Crop Input section. It probably shows four 0's in a square pattern, click the topmost 0 and enter the number of pixels you think the title bar is. Just guess, you can figure it out easily with a few trial-and-error attempts. For my display and resolution 30 pixels seems to be the sweet spot, but yours might be different. Start with like 10 and just go up from there until it looks right to you.

Example pic attached of my current settings:

1701488079587.png

tl;dr -- The Crop Input setting cuts off the top X rows of pixels (30 in my pic), allowing you to remove the title bar but retain the full game display. Click the top number and tweak it until it looks right. Hope this helps somebody :)

Last edited:

rs1313

Aug 2, 2023
EDIT: Ha, answered my own question. Well, I'll post my solution here anyways, in case any other google or F95 lurkers come across this in their search results (like I did when I posted this)

In Lossless Scaling there is a cropping tool you can use to crop out the game's title bar. Scroll down in the third column of settings until you see the Crop Input section. It probably shows four 0's in a square pattern, click the topmost 0 and enter the number of pixels you think the title bar is. Just guess, you can figure it out easily with a few trial-and-error attempts. For my display and resolution 30 pixels seems to be the sweet spot, but yours might be different. Start with like 10 and just go up from there until it looks right to you.

Example pic attached of my current settings:

View attachment 3135379

tl;dr -- The Crop Input setting cuts off the top X rows of pixels (30 in my pic), allowing you to remove the title bar but retain the full game display. Click the top number and tweak it until it looks right. Hope this helps somebody :)
Whoa, never thought the solution was there all along and it's pretty simple :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the solution on the question, honestly a big help for a lurker like me.

Reactions: aifman7