How do I fix these eyes??

Oct 9, 2018
A lot of time when Im trying to replicate a creators work for fanart, I notice the eyes are normally much more narrow than they are when I render them. Is there a way to fix this? I tried reshaping the eyelids and changing expressions, but neither of those angles helped. Here's what I mean:
1625974225045.png Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 11.49.21 PM.png
1625976418027.png Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.04.43 AM.png

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Have you tried mixing expressions with smiles that also move the cheekbones? What you're after looks to be along the lines of "upturned eyes". If you look at someone with a pair of eyes like this, they take on the shape of a crescent moon. This is caused by the cheekbones lifted with their smile (Notice Celia smiling in the bottom left image, her cheekbones are out some and up further than the image on the right), thus making the lower part of their eyes curve some. Daz also has a Squint-Widen dial you could try, as well. As for the blonde in the top left, it looks like the dev/artist just lowered her eyes with a morph of some sort.

ex1.png
ex2.png

Oct 9, 2018
Have you tried mixing expressions with smiles that also move the cheekbones? What you're after looks to be along the lines of "upturned eyes". If you look at someone with a pair of eyes like this, they take on the shape of a crescent moon. This is caused by the cheekbones lifted with their smile (Notice Celia smiling in the bottom left image, her cheekbones are out some and up further than the image on the right), thus making the lower part of their eyes curve some. Daz also has a Squint-Widen dial you could try, as well. As for the blonde in the top left, it looks like the dev/artist just lowered her eyes with a morph of some sort.

View attachment 1293187
View attachment 1293189
Where can I download the squint/widen dial?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I believe it comes with Daz itself, not sure about G8.1 though.

Just select your figure > parameters tab > and search "eye" or "squint". Should come up.