how do I promote a game on this site ?

Printed-ID

Nov 12, 2018
Ok I kinda got that not so wild Idea of building an audience here before launching my game. Also a way to get some early feedback and do some projection on what I can expect in term of post publishing results. I feel it is very needed for my game especially since I need confirmation if the themes and genres of my game could realistically interest the type of audience I'm aiming for. Now the thing is how do I do it here. I have marketing experiences and I know what I need to show for what is , let's be fair and honest, early advertisement . I just can't seems to understand how to do it on this website really, is there a special thread I didn't find or some specifics regarding the rules I should be aware of ? is it possible to create an early game thread even if by rules there need to be a game link ?

I kinda want to do here since well this place have almost 90% of the audience I'm looking for and also because most of what i'll get from twitter are thirst-trap bots or other BS.
Plus I know that even if I publish elsewhere it's gonna end up here and I prefer to provide to the clientele directly

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
You can make a thread in https://f95zone.to/forums/programming-development-art.73/ and post about it. Look through some of the others. Many are pre-release development threads.

If your game is based around a specific fetish, you can look in https://f95zone.to/forums/recommendations-identification.104/ for a thread about that fetish. There is a story-based thread, NTR thread, lesbian thread, incest thread etc.

There is also the https://f95zone.to/forums/artwork.112/ section, if you have 3D art it may be a good idea to post it in one of the bigger threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Printed-ID

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Almost by definition, the people who visit f95 and hang out in the development threads are "power users" - engaged users who are very good at sniffing out fake bullshit

You'll get a lot more engagement and support if you treat this site as a forum for sharing, discussion and input. Ask for beta testers, work with them to fix bugs or get advice. (However, don't pander to loud whiners about content - there will always be the silent majority who disagree. So stick to your original plan for fetish focus and don't just dump in more and more generic shit to cater to all desires.)

If you just treat the thread like "yet another marketing place to dump identical content as my other 4 sites" then no-one will care, you'll just get ignored.

Once you launch your game (or someone leaks it, because you have zero control to prevent a game release thread about your stuff), then there will be a thread in the Games section. You can choose to participate, and even get "control" of the first post if you ask nicely. The game threads can be a great place to pick up supporters, as there are a lot of people who regularly visit to find new stuff.

Of course, this is a pirate site and 95+% will be just copying and never pay you anything, but that is going to happen anyway. The way to get support is to engage the few "whales" and make them feel like they are on your side, supporting the creation of a game that caters to their exact fetish.

Reactions: gojira667

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Oh, and once you get a Game thread after releasing v0.01 :KEK:, you can request a developer badge. That then lets you into the secret dev forum, where all the real marketing secrets are shared.

Printed-ID

Nov 12, 2018
Almost by definition, the people who visit f95 and hang out in the development threads are "power users" - engaged users who are very good at sniffing out fake bullshit

You'll get a lot more engagement and support if you treat this site as a forum for sharing, discussion and input. Ask for beta testers, work with them to fix bugs or get advice. (However, don't pander to loud whiners about content - there will always be the silent majority who disagree. So stick to your original plan for fetish focus and don't just dump in more and more generic shit to cater to all desires.)

If you just treat the thread like "yet another marketing place to dump identical content as my other 4 sites" then no-one will care, you'll just get ignored.

Once you launch your game (or someone leaks it, because you have zero control to prevent a game release thread about your stuff), then there will be a thread in the Games section. You can choose to participate, and even get "control" of the first post if you ask nicely. The game threads can be a great place to pick up supporters, as there are a lot of people who regularly visit to find new stuff.

Of course, this is a pirate site and 95+% will be just copying and never pay you anything, but that is going to happen anyway. The way to get support is to engage the few "whales" and make them feel like they are on your side, supporting the creation of a game that caters to their exact fetish.
Thanks for the input, sorry if I sound like I'm just dumping the game out there. I'm just by nature a pragmatic person and I often state my intention with sometime a rather clear and define direction, so that why I may sound passionless.

I know the audience fairly well as you can see on my profile I'm not new so i know what I can expect and distinguish between feedback that provide real value and " Please make her boobs bigger ".

I plan on releasing the game on itch but I also plan on unofficially provide supports and update directly on this website. I may attempt to still provide some early access feature and supporter exclusive content. But I do not plan on sanctioning the pirating or leaks and sharing of such content unless it introduce armful program to the player such as malware.

My main goal is to have access to most of the feedback I can get. Surveying the reviews of people who got the product for free can be helpful since they do not have to compare their experience with the price they paid (other that disk space).

As for what I wish to get from this "early advertisement". is to mainly get the feedback for the possible gameplay loop and the themes and settings. My main concern is that the erotic aspect and the gameplay aspect of my game is rather separated: for example there is no defeated sex scene nor direct sex scenes for victory, the enemies are not busty anime girls nor is the protagonist (unless you are into regular guys who just do their jobs in no suggestive manners). The erotic aspects happen outside of the gameplay (in a form of safe hub) where you interact with female characters.