How do people usually morph the characters in Daz 3D to look diferent? Yet another noob question

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

Now, with my apology out of the way. This is my issue. (Also if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to delete this or direct me to the correct forum)

TL:DR How do people usually morph the characters in Daz 3D to look diferent?

I have started to humbly work on a game in RPGMaker Ace, I am now coming to the point I have low-key dreaded.

Doing the artwork.

Now, I am a decent drawer, but I am interested in looking into 3D pictures as well. The reason being that using 3D pics, makes it easier and faster to create the game.

So my question is regarding this.

I need to morph the bodies in Daz Studio. Making them more muscular, shorter etc. But most importantly, the faces. For example, the model for Elena and the model of the girl in Road Trip are the same models from the online adult game 3DXChat. It is very noticeable, and takes away from the experience. Also, the fat bosses all look the same. It is very important to me to be able to morph the bodies, as my two MC's need to look very distinctly different. The girl need to look Amazonian, and I need to make the cat look in a particular way story wise.

How do people usually morph in Daz 3D? Is it even possible? Do they install a software that allows you to morph the bodies? Have I missed the button in Daz 3D?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
What you need to do is go into the shaping menu for the selected character,(in my version that is in the same pane group as parameters, if not you should be able to find it in the window selection drop down on the top of the screen in in Daz) there you will see a selection of sliders that you can play with that will alter the shape of the character, i would suggest to truly make a model your own you'd need some slider packs, muscularity and vascularity packs would be a good bet for an amazonian, i expect some of the more fantasy oriented packs would help for a cat, but that depends on what you're after.

Basically look at slider and morph packs and play around with mixing and matching options for a while till you get something you like, it takes a long time to get good at it but this way you can get a character that is both relatively unique and hard to replicate.

If you're up to it using blender to design a face is how the product developers like sickle yield and co. do it but blender has quite the learning curve so unless your already familiar (and if you are i think you're beyond my point of expertise) with it steer clear where you can.

in short, peruse at your leasure:

or some suggestions:

(highly recommended)
(for the amazonian)

That should get you started

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
Okay thanks a lot!

So a follow up question.

Have I understood the process correctly, if it is like this:

1 - Have a female body (Let it be the original that comes with the pack, or gen 8)
2 - Download assets that lets u morph said body (Let it be the waist, face or toes)
3 - Render said body togheter
4 - Now you have your own unique body that you can use in scenes.

If my above statements are true, does the clothes you can find, as either paid assets or free assets, going to fit the body automatically? (My guess is no)

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
For each character from Day, there is 1 morph slider for the whole body (you can set this anywhere between 0 and 100%) and 1 for just the head.

Almost every single clothes asset will fit your body just fine, though if the model is very thin or very large it might not look right. Most Daz characters are variants of the ones from the Pro Bundles (Victoria, Stephanie, Monique, etc.) And the clothes have settings where they will auto-correct to any character with any morphs.

To see what shapes you have applied, go to the 'currently used' section on the shaping or parameters tab.

Reactions: Chocoboy

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
For each character from Day, there is 1 morph slider for the whole body (you can set this anywhere between 0 and 100%) and 1 for just the head.

Almost every single clothes asset will fit your body just fine, though if the model is very thin or very large it might not look right. Most Daz characters are variants of the ones from the Pro Bundles (Victoria, Stephanie, Monique, etc.) And the clothes have settings where they will auto-correct to any character with any morphs.

To see what shapes you have applied, go to the 'currently used' section on the shaping or parameters tab.

Thx :)

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
1 - you'll need the relevant body for the morph pack, G8F is the one you will most likely be working with since it's the current standard and offers the best compatibility and resolution

2 - you'll need to download and install the relevant assets, any asset with an IM number in it's file name can be easily installed with the download manager, just drag an drop the IM numbered asset file to your Daz install manager downloads folder, open daz install manager and install the product, otherwise you're looking at a manual install which is more time intensive but only involves copying the unzipped asset into your daz library folder, look it up in the asset forum if you need specifics

2 part 2 - to morph the character just load the figure (G8F ect.) in daz, select it then look under shaping, as mentioned this should be under parameters like so:
Example Daz shaping.png
then just dial in the desired morph, most have an option of either between -100 to 100% or 0 to 100%, some however are a simple binary 0 or 1 on or off

the results should look something like this if your using a full face morph like the Nimue head morph
morph example.png
once you've dialled it in you should be able to instantly see the change:
Morph example 2.png
3 - rendering is done later once the whole body and scene is assembled, a render is the equivalent of a photo so each individual image in a game is the product of a render, assembling characters doesn't need rendering in any way, however once you have the character assembled to your liking it is worth saving it for future use, i personally save as a scene subset, just drop down the file menu and look under save as, this preserves everything you currently have loaded and selected to save, it lets you either open what you have saved to work on again or merge what you saved into a scene later on.

4 - once you have you're character made and saved you can load it into scene, dress them, pose them ect. and when you're happy you can set up lights and a camera and render away.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
No worries, Daz took me ages to get my head round and even now i'm only at a hobby level, i'd suggest looking over sickle yields videos on youtube, she knows her way around Daz better than just about anyone else that i know of.

Reactions: KinksterKitty

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
No worries, Daz took me ages to get my head round and even now i'm only at a hobby level, i'd suggest looking over sickle yields videos on youtube, she knows her way around Daz better than just about anyone else that i know of.
Yeah, will probably be the same for me haha.

Just one final question.

Other than F95Zone, where is the best place to look for cloth assets?

Reactions: Volta

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Sickleyield is a girl? Nice. She makes a lot of cool assets.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Sickleyield is a girl? Nice. She makes a lot of cool assets.
Yep some of the best utilities too like the crotch and bust fixer, she also does a load of excellent tutorial and problem solving stuff between her youtube and deviantart, honestly i wouldn't have a clue how to port G3 custom morphs to G8 without her

Yeah, will probably be the same for me haha.

Just one final question.

Other than F95Zone, where is the best place to look for cloth assets?
I've heard 3d-load dot net has a pretty large back catalogue, they also have uploads that conspicuously coincide with the asset thread here, effectively we here at F95 get the highlights reel of what they have with a few choice re-uploads and requests, speaking of which if you need something specific try the request an asset forum:

Generally speaking maxheadroom and the Lt.AldoRaine are pretty damn good over there, god knows where they get all of the material from.

Alternatively there is the less slick and somewhat more illegal feeling ZoneGFX, never my first choice due to the points based system they use to ration access but i've not found a better list, (though it still hasn't found me a usable pair of ski's for the G3 or G8 era*sigh*), the older links may or may not be dead but find me a site that flies the black flag that doesn't have that problem.

Of course i'm obliged to say that there are plenty of freebies of various quality levels at shareCG, if you want to build a no frills wardrobe take a look at Wilmap's stuff as well:

All free, texture quality varies but when dressing extras that can actually be a boon, especially once you've got a few hair props loaded.

Someone should really put up a guide for "how to DAZ on a budget", i know i'd read that.

MR. Stiale

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2018
another couple of total newbie question:
how do I get the "Morphs" property to appear in the panel?
how do I use the basic expression poses that comes with some figures?
how do I even make the (supposedly) different figures I've downloaded to actually look different instead of simply differently scaled and/or colored?

EDIT:
Never mind, I uninstalled my official 4.11.0.383. Studio and used the 4.8.0.59 "evaluation" copy I picked up at the bay. Works better now...

Last edited: