How do you fix games made using unity ?

Drakevort

Nov 4, 2018
OK so I'm not able to play several unity games I keep getting a black screen with the music still playing so is there any fix

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
OK so I'm not able to play several unity games I keep getting a black screen with the music still playing so is there any fix
Depends on a few things.

How optimised the game is, that's only one part.

The rest is down to you and your PC's specs. If you are running a toaster you will have issues getting Unity and Unreal games to run.

Drakevort

Nov 4, 2018
Depends on a few things.

How optimised the game is, that's only one part.

The rest is down to you and your PC's specs. If you are running a toaster you will have issues getting Unity and Unreal games to run.
Well my PC spec are as follows 4gb ram nvida 240 gt graphics card and and 64 athlon x2 dual.core processor

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well my PC spec are as follows 4gb ram nvida 240 gt graphics card and and 64 athlon x2 dual.core processor
Ahhh, hunni.

Your specs are low.

I don't want to sound shitty but the 240 gt was entry level when it launched and that was over a decade ago. I don't think you have the power to be running a lot of Unity games.

That GPU came out towards the end of 2009 so you're like 10 years behind on specs.

I don't think there is any way of getting them to run on that system.

I don't want to go and say upgrade your system, I know that's not possible for everyone but if at all possible I would keep my eyes open for a cheap low end system with some more up to date components.

I don't know where you live or your financial situation so can't comment on that but if you do want to run games requiring more power you may have to think about saving for an upgrade or seeing if any conversions to easier to handle engines happen.

Some VN's do get moved over to Ren'py every so often.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Well I know my PC is old but I can play quite a few Unity games without any problems, my specs are Core i5, 8 GB ram, 3.33 GHZ and NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800.

Drakevort

Nov 4, 2018
Ahhh, hunni.

Your specs are low.

I don't want to sound shitty but the 240 gt was entry level when it launched and that was over a decade ago. I don't think you have the power to be running a lot of Unity games.

That GPU came out towards the end of 2009 so you're like 10 years behind on specs.

I don't think there is any way of getting them to run on that system.

I don't want to go and say upgrade your system, I know that's not possible for everyone but if at all possible I would keep my eyes open for a cheap low end system with some more up to date components.

I don't know where you live or your financial situation so can't comment on that but if you do want to run games requiring more power you may have to think about saving for an upgrade or seeing if any conversions to easier to handle engines happen.

Some VN's do get moved over to Ren'py every so often.
I know its from the stone age

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Can anyone help me out? i can't run unity games after i updated both my videocard and windows drivers, now the screen gets invisible/transparent and i can only hear the sound. I had the same problem once and i had to use a restoration point... don't really want to have to do that again (only if reaaally needed).

obs: it was working fine until i upgraded and then stopped.