• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

How do you like your sex scenes in the game?

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
" Now that I think about it, that actually sounds like a good method for making renders that would otherwise be static. Since the camera angle and lighting remains the same, it's just a matter of tweaking each pose, which shouldn't require too much effort. "

Yeah I've had good results - like for kissing you can just pout the lips a bit and do a spot render - then I create an ATL image which loops a dissolving transition with the transparent spot render appearing and disappearing on top of the background image. Because the movement is only over a small distance it can look pretty good. I've done them with 3, 4 and 5 frames too, depending how far the movement is extended. It can work OK for stuff like a hand job where just the forearm and hand is moving, but you need to render an area big enough that it also catches any changes where shadows are falling.

Reactions: Iyarashi

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
best scenes I've seen have been static. animated always sounds like a great idea, but it tends to break the immersion because everything else is so static. which gets worse the more fluent the animation is.

you might want to ask yourself: do you feel overly bothered that comics don't have animation?

ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
But that's how some people like things, however it doesn't make people dying on a wall of text.
It certainly won't look as good as a proper animation, but it is better than the alternative of looking at a single stagic render accompanied by 50 lines of text like you mentioned.

Reactions: Iyarashi and t727

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
Now that I think about it, that actually sounds like a good method for making renders that would otherwise be static. Since the camera angle and lighting remains the same, it's just a matter of tweaking each pose, which shouldn't require too much effort.
This is not a mistake, it's because Daz doesn't support physics (at least not for bodies). There are some clever ways around it using morphs, but some devs don't bother to put in the effort.
Oh, I did not before know! Thanks for informing! I always wonder why so few Game in 3D have this. I will now have more Understanding why "Boobs Don't Move". It feel weird that no Programmer have yet make such Modification/Plugin/Feature by now....

I still feel that Choice of "MONSTER BOOBS" if using Daz, then, causes this Oversight to be much more Notice. But thank you, I know now that "lazy" is not Cause. Makers of Daz, though... :)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If the creator can't string together two sentences even their life did depend on it. Or create a story and character that can't even rival what a 10 year old can. Then it doesn't matter if there is nice renders, animations or what not imho. Oh and please, don't use text to describe what going on in a scene regardless of it is static or animation.. People got eyes to see with.

Capo 2X

Jun 20, 2021
My opinion on this is, if the game has a VERY intriguing storyline, I would prefer static scenes... I would like to know where the story goes, rather than spending a few seconds on an animated scene that the developer spent weeks on instead of progressing the JUICY lore! ;)
However, If the game revolves around lewd scenes, with a lack of plot... I would like it to be animated! We ARE only playing for those sexy scenes! :p

ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
I still feel that Choice of "MONSTER BOOBS" if using Daz, then, causes this Oversight to be much more Notice. But thank you, I know now that "lazy" is not Cause. Makers of Daz, though... :)
Monster boobs is just a matter of turning up the boob slider, similar to the CAS in sims. The simplicity of morphs in Daz is why so many creators abuse it.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
My personal guidelines for my game:
1. No animation. Animation is very complex to generate and very easy to botch and usually the result is one, maaaaybe two positions in a sex scene. For the same time I could easily have 4-7 high quality stills of different sex positions and/or camera angles. I don't think stills are better than animations, it's just the their return on investment is too low for me (and many other game devs).

2. I feel the OP's pain, sometimes I get to play a game with literally dozens of rows of text between images or animations. Personally, I go for 3 lines of text between images and that's that. A good game should work on the buildup, the actual sex scene should not take ages anyway. As a player you want to see A and B shag, you spend an hour or two to make it happen and once it does you're very happy, but don't need 15 minutes of happy.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
2. I feel the OP's pain, sometimes I get to play a game with literally dozens of rows of text between images or animations. Personally, I go for 3 lines of text between images and that's that. A good game should work on the buildup, the actual sex scene should not take ages anyway. As a player you want to see A and B shag, you spend an hour or two to make it happen and once it does you're very happy, but don't need 15 minutes of happy.
Most of the sex scenes in these type of games is silly regardless, and most of the time it feels like the creator got no idea how sex and intimacy between people work at all. A good sex scene is like a good story in itself. It need a prologue, and a epilogue. The typical "wham bam thank you mam", get dressed and carry on is imho off putting.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Fully nude and finishes with facial or creampie, dont really like cumming on tits, ass or body unless the first 2 are applied, although going for long and fast seems the best bet

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
Most of the sex scenes in these type of games is silly regardless, and most of the time it feels like the creator got no idea how sex and intimacy between people work at all. A good sex scene is like a good story in itself. It need a prologue, and a epilogue. The typical "wham bam thank you mam", get dressed and carry on is imho off putting.
I could not agree more. There are very few games in which the sex is anything much more than diagrammatical with perhaps a "you have an amazing cock" thrown in for good measure.

The Best sex is loaded up with emotion, before, during and after, and it can take many forms. Sometimes it's affectionate, sometimes it's desperate, sometimes it's even just downright silly.

If IRL sex resembled the sex in most games I think I'd probably have given it up as a bad job.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If IRL sex resembled the sex in most games I think I'd probably have given it up as a bad job.
Well, most women would hobble around with vaginal tears and anal prolapses and what not as well :ROFLMAO: If things had been like in most of these games.

Reactions: TDoddery