Daz How do you make the effect of wet hair (G8F)?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Looks like there's a simple trick that works pretty well. I use the hair I originally used and just reduce the x scale and the y scale. This will slightly reduce the volume of the hairstyle. I move bangs over the face by morphs. I slightly increase the number of collision iterations so that the hair will fit to the head. I still have to play around with shaders, colors and the opacity map, but I think the first attempt with this approach doesn't look that bad. Maybe I'll make a few minor adjustments with a mesh grabber or geometry editor.
You're right - for a "quick and dirty," that's not bad at all...

Deleted member 5194087

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2022
Looks like there's a simple trick that works pretty well. I use the hair I originally used and just reduce the x scale and the y scale. This will slightly reduce the volume of the hairstyle. I move bangs over the face by morphs. I slightly increase the number of collision iterations so that the hair will fit to the head. I still have to play around with shaders, colors and the opacity map, but I think the first attempt with this approach doesn't look that bad. Maybe I'll make a few minor adjustments with a mesh grabber or geometry editor. View attachment 947152
Sorry for waking up this thread but can i ask how you got that shiny and wet look on the hair? I understood everything except how you played with shaders, colors and opacity map.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Sorry for waking up this thread but can i ask how you got that shiny and wet look on the hair? I understood everything except how you played with shaders, colors and opacity map.
I don't remember exactly because it's been a while since I created them and now I just use them.

But I played with many parameters, base color, glossy layered weight, translucency weight, glossy reflectivity, glossy roughness and many others. But it only looks decent under certain lighting, not so good under others.