How do you publish your game?

Oct 8, 2020
What's the best way for me to publish my game so that it attract players to play it out and maybe receive some feedbacks? I'm very new to making games let alone publishing it, so I'd really appreciate any help.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This place is a great place to start.

Some advice (feel free to discard):
- This forum *can* get brutal. Before you release your first public release it's worth getting friends, family and enemies to play it. There's lots of great Discord communities dedicated to these kind of games (I quite like , as it's newb friendly (and so less likely to flame you on the spot) and would be a good place to find some early beta testers). Get some testers, iron out the worst of the kinks (well, bugs... leave the kinks), and you can release.
- This place is great. Other places to look at include Itch.io and GameJolt.com. There's also a bunch of opportunities if you can deliver a HTML5 playable version (like Newgrounds, for example).
- Once it's up; just be a nice person. Sometimes this is hard; you're having a bad day, or some poster is just being an idiot. But negativity breeds like bedbugs; in your thread always approach each poster assuming they have the best intentions. And if you do that and you *still* hate their guts, don't respond.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
This place is a great place to start.

Some advice (feel free to discard):
- This forum *can* get brutal. Before you release your first public release it's worth getting friends, family and enemies to play it. There's lots of great Discord communities dedicated to these kind of games (I quite like , as it's newb friendly (and so less likely to flame you on the spot) and would be a good place to find some early beta testers). Get some testers, iron out the worst of the kinks (well, bugs... leave the kinks), and you can release.
- This place is great. Other places to look at include Itch.io and GameJolt.com. There's also a bunch of opportunities if you can deliver a HTML5 playable version (like Newgrounds, for example).
- Once it's up; just be a nice person. Sometimes this is hard; you're having a bad day, or some poster is just being an idiot. But negativity breeds like bedbugs; in your thread always approach each poster assuming they have the best intentions. And if you do that and you *still* hate their guts, don't respond.
I love your game!
I'd display a signature if I knew where to find one!
X is my bro!

Reactions: Droid Productions