VN - Ren'Py - How I Became a Hero [Ch.8] [Naughty tales studios]

1. 3.00 star(s)

FapMachine123

I usually like this kind of story but in this game I must say it fell flat for me.

The MC is a kid with a handicap who goes to a fantasy world through some generic plot, that's the story so far and the last chapter CH4 barely gets the story off that premise. In terms of personality he is innocent and kind which isn't half as interesting as the writer seems to think quite frankly it makes the MC kinda boring and very difficult to relate to. The MC is also quite naive in part due to his handicap but that alone can't explain this level of naivety.

The renders are good but there is a very limited amount of sexual content as of CH4. For those obsessed with animations there are some and they are good as well.

As mentionned in another review the game is essentially a kinetic novel so far as there are 3-4 choices in the entire game.

I wouldn't write it off completely yet, I think the writer is young and needs to polish his writing and given the pace of the story which is pretty slow maybe by CH10 with some more experience and time the story will start to get interesting, which is why I'm giving 3 stars so far.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

Well this one went under my radar somehow, but what a nice little surprise to stumble on.

The story is pretty good, even if a bit slow.

The renders are very decent, and as far as I can tell, each character has been worked on to have some individuality on their physical appearance as well.

Fap value wise, the game isn't very high up on the ladder (as of CH4), but, it's not entirely void of it either.

The story so far holds itself rather well. It's some sort of Isekai, but we do not yet exactly know what the MC' specialties will be. We only know of but a couple, which could have some interest over time, but are not ultra over powered either. Note that so far, there's been no fights at all, and as such, but no sign that the game would have fights or stats either.

For now, it looks like the game will be purely a story, with some choices. For now, the choices are only regarding some kinks, and potential sexual encounters, but there does not seem to be any choices linked to the actual story. As of CH4, there's no grinding, no open world, no choices linked to the story as far as I could tell.

Just a nice story with some sexy time for now, which is all fine with me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Janglin' Jack

Super-good game! Renders are top-notch, but the characters were the main reason I enjoyed the game. The MC is really likeable (with a very interesting hook to his background!) and you get to interact with a large cast of awesome women. In future releases, I'd like to see more choices given to the player and a few more sex scenes...but these are only minor criticisms. The game is a winner! Cheers to the dev!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Tabberius

Beautiful renders and a good writing but apart from two or three choices, that you encounter late in the fourth chapter, there isn't much to do so it is closer to kinetic novel rather then visual novel.
    Good luck with the game but kinetic novels arent for me, unfortunatelly it never mentions anywhere the lack of choices you can make...
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Prancing Pony

Just finished Chapter 3 and am really enjoying this game. I want to learn what happens next, which is the sign of an engaging story, all too rare in adult games. I don’t even mind that there has been minimal sex so far, as you can enjoy the build up.

I like the real-world beginning leading to a fantasy world. It will be interesting to see how the dev works with this as the game develops.

Nice mix of short-term activities and longer-term plotlines.

Sandbox? Well it isn’t really; the whole map thing seems pretty irrelevant to what is going on. And that’s great from my perspective, as “full sandbox” can add grind and diminish the dev’s ability to tell a good story in a seamless way.

I like that the MC is a nice guy, a welcome change from the douches that appear in some other games. I also like that the other characters have flaws, prejudices, ignorance etc. However, the dev will need to make sure that the contrast between the angelic MC and the rest of the characters doesn’t become too marked. Will the MC eventually show flaws that make him more believable?

The girls? Some are gorgeous and some aren't. Some are pretty strange, but the dev seems to be working well with that.

Looking forward to Chapter 4!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

wooble_bear

I like this story a lot. The figures are nice and symphatic, even if they come over strange sometimes (Mu!). I hope that the jump back to the own world will be possible soon, not only for the MC, but also for others. And vice versa.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

StuckintheZone

The good: Well-drawn models and cute waifus all around. The variety of fantasy models makes the world more "realistic." The story has internal logic and draws the MC/player into caring about its resolution.
    The neutral: more of a VN with choices only to move around to the correct location to resolve quests.
    The not-so-good: navigation requires a minimum of three clicks to open the multi-function button, select the map, then finally take a guess at the next story node. This fixed, it would be 5/5.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

GeppettoPossum

This game certainly surprised me in a good way. I'm excited to see where it goes in the future.
    PROS:
    • Well written
    • Great characterization (as mentioned in other reviews)
    • Fairly unintrusive sandbox system, although it could definitely be fleshed out in the future.
    • Somewhat unique premise/MC backstory
    • Quite wholesome in a weird sort of way. Almost gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling.
    CONS:
    • Not being able to name your character until ~20 minutes in was an odd choice that I don't quite understand.
    • So far this is a bit more of a kinetic novel. Not sure if that will change in the future.
    • This is more of a nitpick but the Map, etc. being behind multiple clicks could be tidied up. There's really no reason we couldn't just have the three buttons in the corner (map, journal, inventory).
    Overall I'm quite pleased with how this game is shaping up.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

honkyfifteen

This game has started of really well. Love the concept and story till now
    What really caught my eye is the characterization of the mc. Its really well done and at some points you actually feel sorry for him and it can get a little emotional.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall I like the nice guy persona and a welcome change of mc's you find in harem games, who are mostly dicks or idiots. :D
    Will definitely consider supporting this game, maybe after1 or 2 more updates.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Draco76

Have to admit that I don't like navigation games very much most of the time, so was a little bummed when the story changed from regular linear to a map navigation one. But so far (Ch 2) it has been very well done with just a little exploring but no lost looking around "where do I go next?" moments.
    The characters at the beginning, though in a somewhat generic setup are well done, to the point that when the twist comes I ACTUALLY want to get back to them as opposed to similar stories I have played where you quickly forget about them and don't even care lol And the new characters you find yourself interacting with are all very well done as well. Ch 2 went all too fast, and just left me really wanting to see what happens next, so I would say that is a good sign from a game. Enjoyed it a lot and hope this is just the start of a long journey!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Marco97

Well I was positively surprised and really liked the first part of the game, so spoilers alert I hope that mc goes back home one day. well what can I say, the game has a rich and powerful story so I can't wait to see where it brings us and I really don't mind playing through any kind of content, may it be milfs, gilfs, NTR, MF, FFM, MM, FF or MMF except FUTA that I can just avoid, as easy as that. It all works for me and it will probably be available for those who want to skip it.

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT WORK.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

08Hanbo

The plot is interesting and will make you want to know how the plot will develop later on. The renders are great and the characters are also good looking.

The animation part is not shown much at the moment, but if we take Max's Life's animation as a reference, I think the animation should be expected as well.

I don't like sandbox personally, but the game's sandbox interface is very well designed and the hints are very clearr, so I don't think it's too much trouble. Good job!

I think the only pity is that I personally prefer to modern characters rather than fantasy world characters. Elf ears are really not my cup of tea.

If the plot will also focus on modern times afterwards, I will definitely go to Patreon to support. Good luck to the Dev and keep up the good work!