Others How is the hair made ?

Apr 20, 2018
Hi, I would like to know how the realistic hair is made for the most renpy games and more importantly how can I make it myself. I tried blender's hair particle system and got decent results but exporting it is a problem.

Shadow Fiend

May 21, 2018
Hi, I would like to know how the realistic hair is made for the most renpy games and more importantly how can I make it myself. I tried blender's hair particle system and got decent results but exporting it is a problem.
if you want to use blender hair outside then you can export them in curve & convert it using hair system of other 3d software or you have to convert them in polygon strip & bake the texture on that strip uv map something like this which will work with any 3d software or game engine. keep in mind only opacity map is important which is white & black map you can use this technique for color map hope that helps

Shadow Fiend

May 21, 2018
most game here use daz3d you can use daz3d as a beginner for the practice there are many assest on this website under assest realease section
learning blender can be tedious task & will take ages if you are planning to make a game.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Also keep in mind that the vast majority of us have no clue how to create hair for RenPy games.

Instead, we just borrow hair created by others by using their hair assets in Daz3D.
Some hair is more flexible and moveable than others. Other hair is dForce enabled - meaning it can be made to simulate effects like gravity.

Beyond that, there are tools like this one:

Then there are helpful videos like this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/complex-hair-creation-tutorials-bundle-videos.30893/

Of course, it's not always that easy. But why reinvent the wheel, when you can borrow someone else's wheel.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Also keep in mind that the vast majority of us have no clue how to create hair for RenPy games.

Instead, we just borrow hair created by others by using their hair assets in Daz3D.
Some hair is more flexible and moveable than others. Other hair is dForce enabled - meaning it can be made to simulate effects like gravity.

Of course, it's not always that easy. But why reinvent the wheel, when you can borrow someone else's wheel.
LOL, now I see where DAZ got its strand-based hair editor...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 20, 2018

And by borrow you mean ...steal :D. If so, I assume you won't have any problems unless your game gets really popular.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
And by borrow you mean ...steal :D. If so, I assume you won't have any problems unless your game gets really popular.
I make no choices for you. I don't make games, so it's not an issue that impacts me.

Each of those posted assets here on F95 include links for where you can buy the actual asset.
WHEN you choose to buy those assets is entirely up to you.

If it were me, I'd use any profits from my game to buy the assets I was unable to afford while making it. Presumably picking an order which reflected how impressed I was by each individual asset.

Personally, I would think it would be useful to try out an asset to see if it works your project before putting your hand in your pocket.

A curse of the modern world is that there are so many products out there that LOOK okay, until AFTER you take delivery of them - at which point you find out how crap they are. It's difficult to believe that the same isn't true of Daz assets. So "try before you buy" seems only prudent.

:giggle:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
if you want to use blender hair outside then you can export them in curve & convert it using hair system of other 3d software or you have to convert them in polygon strip & bake the texture on that strip uv map something like this which will work with any 3d software or game engine. keep in mind only opacity map is important which is white & black map you can use this technique for color map hope that helps
Thank you, I gave this a try. It doesn't look great, but I'm getting these annoying sharp edges in the hair instead of smooth curves. I think I should've subdivided the poly strip more? NICE HAIR.png