how it is created an RPA file

AnonGuy

Modder
May 30, 2018
I'm on windows and I have python v3.7 (x64) installed.
I put rpatool and files I wanted to pack into the same folder, launched powershell through right click+shift and wrote
py rpatool -c test.rpa test.rpyc gui but nothing happened.
I've also tried to extract images from an archive with py rpatool -x images.rpa as a test but still nothing.

I'm probably blind but google didn't helped so far.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I would move the files into a folder and then cd into that folder and run this
Code:
py rpatool -c ..\test.rpa *
I do a lot of compression and dialog writing for renpy games. I never have issues creating any archives.

AnonGuy

Modder
May 30, 2018
I would move the files into a folder and then cd into that folder and run this
py rpatool -c ..\test.rpa *
I've created test folder into RPATool folder (which contains rpatool), run cmd from test folder address bar, did
cd\RPATool and then py rpatool -c aesthetic.rpa test=C:\RPATool\test
but nothing happened at all; I've also tried with py rpatool -c aesthetic.rpa test=C:\\RPATool\\test
since I've read python needs address entered this way but haven't had any success so far.

Kinda lost here! Same commands are listed everywhere on the internet and everything seems terribly easy; I have both python (which I assume is working since py --help from cmd is running) and rpatool on my pc so I'm left with no idea about what my issue may be.

EDIT: finally solved - I had to add python to the Path enviromental variable, both
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37 and
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts
I was pretty sure python installer did it for me at the time but it seems I was wrong.
Now I need to type python instead of py in cmd but apart from this everything works as expected.

Last edited: