How much do you complete when it comes to games?

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
I'm sure many of you are like me and when you download a game you forget to play it and it ends up shelved, but when you do play a game what level of completion do you go for? Do you only play your favorite route to just read the best girl and/or good ending or do you strive for 100% completion? Or do you skip all of that lame story stuff and head directly for the "plot"?

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
I mostly go just for the content I'm interested in, maybe going back to see a few scenes off route here and there out of curiosity. Even the rare exceptions where all routes seem interesting, I never feel like playing it all again (and darker routes are always a disappointment anyway).

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I usually go for 100% completion of all achievements if it's a game I like. If it wasn't that good of a game then I'll probably only play it once and delete it.

Reactions: Meaning Less

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Do you only play your favorite route to just read the best girl and/or good ending or do you strive for 100% completion? Or do you skip all of that lame story stuff and head directly for the "plot"?
I know, from the return I have with my mods, that there's players who can't live if they haven't seen 100% of the content.

This said, I'm almost sure that they are a minority. Players who want to fap will want to jump from a scene to another as quickly as possible, what isn't compatible with a full completion, that generally need to pass through too much none interesting (from them) content.
As for those who play for the story, I guess that they are more like me, possibly having parallel playthrough, but limiting them to the routes that interest them, and not caring too much about variation that don't interest them or don't really change the story.