VN Ren'Py How old does character look?

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I don't know, but she looks like a horribly failed plastic surgery. I get flashbacks of Bill Burr's great question about plastic surgery: "Do you want to be 40 and look like you are 40, or do you want to be 40 and look like a 20 year-old lizard?"

This *thing* looks like a 20 year-old lizard. Nothing about her says natural at all. It's uncanny valley, dialed up to 11. Would *not* have sexual intercourse with this creature.

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
So with everything said above how should she look and what should be changed?
Nobody can tell you how your in-development character should specifically look, but we can point out off-putting features.

As others have pointed out, she doesn't look good. Quite bad, actually. But please don't take our feedback personally or as an attack in you--creators should know to separate themselves from their art.

As to this character though yes it's bad. She doesn't look natural. Her face is very strange. Her eyes are angled inwards extremely, it's like a "V". Nose and mouth/lips are very large and bulky.

You're honestly probably best served to start with an existing character and make SMALL tweaks as opposed to coming up with a model from the base genesis figure.

But if you look at your character and still don't see what we're talking about, you may not have the eye for it.

reaperentertainment

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
This isnt my character in just posted it for a friend because they wanted to see what they had to change. Apparently everything. Thx for the feedback. Even though he said jokingly it was painful to read. Lol

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I for one welcome our new lizardwoman overlady.

It's mostly the face, beside the slanted eyes that everybody mentioned her lips also look strange, as if she has a borderline harelip. If those are freckles on the skin texture in the last two images, I'd say they look overdone.

I think she looks the most normal in the second image, but it would still help a lot if the artist fixes the red angled eyes and the mouth.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
40 with enough plastic surgery to fall into the uncanny valley.