Daz How safe is it to grant DAZ internet access, when I have a ton of Assets from here?

Oct 7, 2017
Hi Guys, so I've just wanted to update my DAZ Studio since it's been a hell of a long time since I first downloaded it.
In this time, however, I've downloaded a metric fuckton of Assets from here and other sites like this one, so now I'm asking myself how smart it really is to give DAZ studio internet Access to update itself...

karayak

Oct 29, 2020
I always make me the same question, and to avoid been suspended (if that would happen), I don´t download assets from here that come from the Daz marketplace, just the ones from other sites.

I´ll check this post, so maybe I could download more stuff xD

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
If you are afraid then don't login to daz through the software and only login to the site

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
So, lets say Daz central will never realise that this asset instaled here is asset from official shop that I never bought?
At least I don't think so. I have more than 1000 assets, most of which are probably official Daz Store products. Only a few of those are bought and installed through Daz Central, but Daz Central has never complained before, and I have never heard of anyone else having any problems with it either.

Reactions: ElCafillero

cynsynsin

Aug 7, 2020
Hi Guys, so I've just wanted to update my DAZ Studio since it's been a hell of a long time since I first downloaded it.
In this time, however, I've downloaded a metric fuckton of Assets from here and other sites like this one, so now I'm asking myself how smart it really is to give DAZ studio internet Access to update itself...
Daz3D ans DazCentral do not check your licenses for you. So you should be ok. That being said, it is always best practice to keep you 3rd party assets separate from your Daz3d content. Personally I keep a back up of all 3rd party content so I can check the licenses if needed.

Good Luck!

Reactions: ElCafillero