How should the first release be?

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it really doesn't matter as long as you don't try to fool people. like starting from v.0.3, adding bunch of pointless filler to enrage everyone, or making promises of a schedule you can't deliver after you run out of steam in 6 months.

oh and my favourite: referring to yourself in plural to sound like a 'legitimate company of like so many employees' when we all know it's just you in your mom's basement cranking out smut.

trust comes from delivering updates without shitting on your fans. it's not something you can hurry or game to get ahead of the curve, at least not in this 'business'.

LfkCn

Apr 20, 2023
I think trying to look like a legitimate company of like so many employees is pretty dangerous. If you do that, people will expect a lot more from you in a much shorter time. If you're working solo, expectations will be lower because everyone knows you're handling everything. The story, scenes, animations, audio... I'd never do something like that, and I don't understand those who do.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
This brings me to the question: what makes a good first release?
1. Cool looking banner, which you will periodically replace to keep things fresh and interesting.
2. Creative but short overview that actually explains what the game is all about.
3. Interesting preview screenshots that showcase gameplay and sex scene samples.
4. At least a couple of days worth of content right from the first release.
5. List of kinks you plan to add to the game at some point. (Planned kinks.)
6. Details clarifying how certain kinks will work in your game, examples:

Prostitution - In my game prostitution means the player will be able to act as a pimp and sell others.
Prostitution - In my game prostitution means the player will be able to sell themselves.
Prostitution - Since in my game mc is female, you can be both the brothel madam and also sell your services.
NTR - In my game ntr means you'll get cucked and it's not avoidable.
NTR - In my game ntr means you'll get cucked and it's avoidable.
Pregnancy - In my game pregnancy is ending-only, no birthing.
Pregnancy - In my game mc can get pregnant at any moment and continue to wobble around with that preggo belly until due date.
Harem - In my game all the girls can be in mc's harem.
Harem - In my game mc can be a part of a harem.
Harem - In my game there are multiple characters with their own harems, and you can join one or steal theirs and make the harem owner join yours. (Yeah yeah i know my imagination is badass, feel free to use this idea lol.)

7. Details about the game such as: Is it a choice-based VN? Is there combat? Is there sound? Special features? Etc.
You are advertising my dude, so you best explain as much as you can about what makes your game even worth the bandwidth.
The more you explain and the more details you provide, the higher the chance that someone might just give your project a try.

This should suffice. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: LfkCn and Ying Ko