How to achieve this effect?

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
0694281F-5AD9-4B4F-8264-D2B0D3324E2E.png
EDF5D1B9-C300-47FB-8EA8-022D7A5C62F3.png
I'm studying daz. I want to know how the first desktop is reflected. What is the asset file of the second picture?

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
For Daz's uber shader, Glossy Roughness and Glossy Reflectivity are the two most common ways to determine how reflective a surface is. Normal maps, Bump maps, and Glossy Layered Weight are next in line to modify glossiness in a specific direction. There is a lot more, but that is the basics of reflective surfaces in Daz. If you want to make a surface more shiny than increase reflectivity and decrease roughness. If you are trying to change rough wood into something that looks like it has been sanded and sealed then lower the multiplier of the bump and normal maps as well.

I think that second picture is kitbashed together from other props or environments. I had a hunch so I did a search for "office chair" in Asset Releases and found Z Luxury Morphing Office Chair and Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1, which appears to be the chair shown. It's possible the other props are not from whatever room that is, assuming of course that it isn't a completely custom made room.

Reactions: Doorknob22

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
For Daz's uber shader, Glossy Roughness and Glossy Reflectivity are the two most common ways to determine how reflective a surface is. Normal maps, Bump maps, and Glossy Layered Weight are next in line to modify glossiness in a specific direction. There is a lot more, but that is the basics of reflective surfaces in Daz. If you want to make a surface more shiny than increase reflectivity and decrease roughness. If you are trying to change rough wood into something that looks like it has been sanded and sealed then lower the multiplier of the bump and normal maps as well.

I think that second picture is kitbashed together from other props or environments. I had a hunch so I did a search for "office chair" in Asset Releases and found Z Luxury Morphing Office Chair and Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1, which appears to be the chair shown. It's possible the other props are not from whatever room that is, assuming of course that it isn't a completely custom made room.
I tried to search the forum for shutters, but I didn't find this room. Maybe I need luck.

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
I tried to search the forum for shutters, but I didn't find this room. Maybe I need luck.
If you want to do a word search like that then try which searches the whole description of the product.

The F95 asset release only searches the titles by default. I think there is a way to search the description under advanced search. Go the top right and click in that search bar, a little popup menu will open, and then click on Advanced.

For title search terms, try "office", "business", and "professional" for any type of office rooms or buildings. For specific items like shutters, try an alternative like "blinds".

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
For Daz's uber shader, Glossy Roughness and Glossy Reflectivity are the two most common ways to determine how reflective a surface is.
Except that in this particular case it's not a question of reflectivity, as shown by the guy hand that just cast a shadow on the desk. It's the emissive value of the screen monitor that is projecting light to the desk, coloring it.

Reactions: watermankaku

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
Except that in this particular case it's not a question of reflectivity, as shown by the guy hand that just cast a shadow on the desk. It's the emissive value of the screen monitor that is projecting light to the desk, coloring it.
"I want to know how the first desktop is reflected." Your guess is as good as mine as to what that meant. I took it literally as the how to make the desktop reflective. Seeing as desktop could refer to the PC or PC monitor, then yeah it could be that too. It's unclear and the OP never clarified with a response.

Anyways. To activate emission, go to the bottom of the surface properties and change the Emission Color to white or anything that is not pure black. Click on the little square to the left to get a popup to find a picture to put in for the monitor to display. Adjust the vertical and horizontal tiling to get the right aspect ratio. Adjust lumen properties beneath Emission to affect how much light output there is.

Reactions: watermankaku

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
"I want to know how the first desktop is reflected." Your guess is as good as mine as to what that meant. I took it literally as the how to make the desktop reflective. Seeing as desktop could refer to the PC or PC monitor, then yeah it could be that too. It's unclear and the OP never clarified with a response.

Anyways. To activate emission, go to the bottom of the surface properties and change the Emission Color to white or anything that is not pure black. Click on the little square to the left to get a popup to find a picture to put in for the monitor to display. Adjust the vertical and horizontal tiling to get the right aspect ratio. Adjust lumen properties beneath Emission to affect how much light output there is.
Thank you. That's almost what I mean. Maybe I need to try more.