RPGM How to add custom building

Praisejesus

Aug 5, 2017
If you still cant get the design down let me know, i am well aware of how to design those types of games and can give you a basic run down when i have free time

Praisejesus

Aug 5, 2017
Alright lets do this.

Step 1, create your map, use rpgmaker to design a basic building reference, once you have created a reference create an other version with no buildings on it, right click maps :save as image, bring both maps into gimp or photoshop
Downtowntest2.png map1.png

Step 2 find a building model pack, interior pack ect of what you are trying to design a layout for, import the 3D building into a 3D program of your choice, in my case I am going to use Daz3d
import.png

You will need to setup the building at an angle matching rpgmaker

You will need to create two renders one of the roof and one of the front facing at a slight angle,

Bring those renders into photoshop and combine them to create a roof that has a strait edges that matches the side of the building
angle.png

Apply buildings to blank map and use the reference map to figure out building placement,

Go back into rpgmaker right click map set parallax, use either an invisible tile to set collision or use regions for collision
city1.png

thats a very simplified version of how parallax maps like the ones in nadia are created.

as far as being able to walk behind buildings, that will require some more indepth work and use of plugins

that video covers it.