VN Ren'Py How to be a Hero [WIP]

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
A suggestion that might not be needed is to make the MC (graphically speaking) a dick and let everything behind the dick be whatever the player identifies as (that has a dick) regarding gender. And just use gender neutral pronouns in the text.

Thus, the customization will be limited to the dick, with different colors, spikes, tentacles or whatever else.
Character customization was a planned feature but, in the interest of keeping the scope down, it hasn't been put in yet. Most of the game refers to the MC as the Hero or something similar so it's fairly gender neutral and you never see the MC themselves.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Lust now works properly! Why beat someone into submission when you can leave them a blushing mess instead?

5a4c33c94e.jpg

Reactions: lazydude

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Building off of the last update, attack stats can change in-game instead of having to change it in the code. This means the player can grow stronger later in game

15a4e2a733.jpg

Reactions: lazydude and Sploop

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
It's been a bit since the last update!
I'm mostly doing writing right now. Ironing out some stuff. I know exactly what I want to be in the demo release and what will have to wait til the next update.

Affection is tracked and so is submissiveness. You can now see how submissive a monster is from their initial sprite when you fight them.

Example of affection change:
plague elf progress.png

and sprite change at the start of battle:
lusty elves.PNG

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Work has kept me plenty busy but things progress, albeit slower than I would like.

I feel pretty confident in saying that the demo will be out by the end of the month, especially with the week off I have coming up.

The demo will have:
Access to the Forest, Elf City, and Camp areas.
Content for Half Elf, Male Half Elf, Plague Elf, Pure Elf mostly finished. This includes the ability to fight them into submission and alternate scenes based on their submission rating to you/other actions in the game.
The very start of the Plague Elf romance route.
The very start of Zinia's romance route.
At least 8 lewd scenes.
Combat mostly ironed out with the ability to increase HP and lewd spell dmg.

It will -not- have:
The shop.
Zinia's route.
Plague Elf route.
The mountain area.

Those four in particular will be the main focus for the next update, especially the mountain area.

pelfwinpreview.png

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
The demo is finally almost done. I plan on releasing it very very soon. Please be on the lookout!

I hate elves.png

newgrounds

Dec 2, 2017
An exception has occurred while running game code when I click the camp and go into the forest and look for stronger enemies