Ren'Py How to change "auto" speed

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I am playing fashion business and the game has auto dialogue, but no slider to make it faster (it is way too slow).

Is there a way for me to adjust the speed through modifying game files or through console?

Thanks

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
preferences.afm_time = 15
Bigger number = longer time
Weird, does not seem to be changing anything.

I go shift-O, paste preferences.afm_time = 1 for example and the game has the character speaking say : "preferences.afm_time"

And the speed seems unchanged. I tried 1 and 50 and they are the same. I did not time it specifically but I would expect a big difference there.

Guess the game just does not allow it for some reason, which is why the slider is missing from the menu.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Weird, does not seem to be changing anything.

I go shift-O, paste preferences.afm_time = 1 for example and the game has the character speaking say : "preferences.afm_time"

And the speed seems unchanged. I tried 1 and 50 and they are the same. I did not time it specifically but I would expect a big difference there.

Guess the game just does not allow it for some reason, which is why the slider is missing from the menu.
That just means that the console in the game is fucked up. You can try modifying default preferences.afm_time in options.rpy file and resetting your persistent file afterward. Or changing the variable in label in an .rpy file.

Reactions: Kulman