• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others How to coordinate information exchange with a (hired) help? (writer/proofreader for Twine Sugarcube)

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Hi, iam creating my first game ever in Twine Sugarcube and i never worked with someone else online.

Since my english is not the best, i thought about hiring a proofreader/writer. I wonder what would be the most effective way to provide the text i want to be corrected and how to reimplement it.
The issue is, that the text is not purely static. There are a lot of changes depending on variables, like plural/singular, different adverbs and stuff like that.
When i gave the writer one version, i had to rewrite/add a lot of stuff afterwards, which somewhat would defy the purpose.
On the other hand, i could for example add all possible adverbs, but that would mean a lot of additional work just to provide the text.
Lastly i thought maybe it would be best to find someone who is able to read basic html, but for someone not used to it, it probably would be hard to maintain his creative flow while writing.

I know, for someone more experienced this may sound like a silly problem. But since i have to pay someone, i want to make sure my money is spent well. In addition, i don't want to cause any frustration on either the writers or my side.

Someone has any good advice?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Someone has any good advice?
Using a , like by example. It permit you to go back and forth while keeping the previous version of the text/code/CG. Some even permit to add annotation to the documents.
Sites like offer you an access to this kind of repositories (public or private), if you don't feel like opening a gate to your computer/LAN.

Reactions: Klausus and xj47

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
If you want to keep it simple, Resilio is a free file synching app, and you can share a folder as "read only" with a third party. We are a partnership, and while Kentyrr does the posing, I generally do the rendering so his PC is freed up for art creation while mine is burning the final products: We just share our DAZ library with my DAZ installation being the "slave" directory.

We do a similar thing with our Development Build folder so either of us can load the game in Ren'Py in it's most current state to review it in real time.

It would be simple to do the same with script files, etc. Just be careful about giving write access to someone to folder that contains critical revision files, etc.