Tutorial Unity How to edit/decrypt EasySave 3(.es3) Save Files

Drezooo

Oct 10, 2021
I did all like u said but when I encrypt the edited .txt file its still a .txt file afterwards.
Just that you know what I did.
1. Take .es3 save file
2. Decrypt the file with the right password -> .txt file now
3. Edit it
4. Put the .txt file back to the encryption tab and what do I get?

I get my .txt file back just encrypted
Game is NTRDojo if someones wondering.
Please help me :(

Reactions: Bigpp2022

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
I did all like u said but when I encrypt the edited .txt file its still a .txt file afterwards.
Just that you know what I did.
1. Take .es3 save file
2. Decrypt the file with the right password -> .txt file now
3. Edit it
4. Put the .txt file back to the encryption tab and what do I get?

I get my .txt file back just encrypted
Game is NTRDojo if someones wondering.
Please help me :(
can you send me the save file here so i can replicate this issue?
the decrypted save file

Rorshi

Mar 16, 2018
I followed all the instructions, but when I went to load the save I got this error: 1691298676069.png

Anyone else with this?

innooss1

Oct 25, 2021
There probably went something wrong while encrypting it back again. Did u leave the password in the box when reencrypting your save file?
Hey there, I've got the same problem here. No matter how I do it it seems that I somehow cant load the edited file. I put in the password and I only changed coins to 200k and the fish coin to 500

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
Hey there, I've got the same problem here. No matter how I do it it seems that I somehow cant load the edited file. I put in the password and I only changed coins to 200k and the fish coin to 500
Hey, could be a game specific problem where if u increase stuff too much it doesnt work as mentioned in this post:

you can be too greedy)) i had same problem, set money to 999999, fish coin to 9999, skill and power level to 16, that should be enough

innooss1

Oct 25, 2021
There probably went something wrong while encrypting it back again. Did u leave the password in the box when reencrypting your save file?
Okay I tried to test some things. I noticed that when I try to save a working encrypted file as another one (For example saving user_data0.es3 as user_data1.es3) I get exactly the same "error". So maybe its somehow related to how I save the new file?
Heres how I do it:
1. This is how I start. I open user_data0.es3 in the text Editor
Pic1.PNG
2. I save it as user_data1.es3 just like this (Basically the same procedure like when I download the encrypted file from the save file editor and change the data type)
Pic2.PNG
3. This is what I have afterwards:
Pic3.PNG
4. Sad Pic4.PNG

aoxian

Jan 9, 2018
it seems to only work for me when i save it as user_data0 save file any other user_data save files throw an error 1, 2 ,3 etc. im guessing its because they are all user_data0 that got shifted

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
Okay I tried to test some things. I noticed that when I try to save a working encrypted file as another one (For example saving user_data0.es3 as user_data1.es3) I get exactly the same "error". So maybe its somehow related to how I save the new file?
Heres how I do it:
1. This is how I start. I open user_data0.es3 in the text Editor
View attachment 2831791
2. I save it as user_data1.es3 just like this (Basically the same procedure like when I download the encrypted file from the save file editor and change the data type)
View attachment 2831794
3. This is what I have afterwards:
View attachment 2831800
4. Sad View attachment 2831802
Ill try to replicate this issue

Rorshi

Mar 16, 2018
Thanks for the help, guys. I used the Notepad++ to save the edits and it worked!