Ren'Py How to edit stats/ open console on Android?

skybbc

May 5, 2017
Hi guys, I dunno if I'm in the right section or nah but I'mma just ask
As said in the title, how do we edit stats or open the console of a Ren'Py game on Android? I understand it would be difficult to open the console but is there another way to edit stats? Thanks

Reactions: Fia

Nosdovah

Sep 13, 2019
Hi guys, I dunno if I'm in the right section or nah but I'mma just ask
As said in the title, how do we edit stats or open the console of a Ren'Py game on Android? I understand it would be difficult to open the console but is there another way to edit stats? Thanks
i find it reliable source though , it seems android doesn't support dev/console command

Reactions: twelve31

Mavedick97

Jan 17, 2019
and in this thread , no one answers your question

Actually the was a way in the that thread. A way to actually get console in Android. But the tricky part is finding a way to get the keyboard to press the necessary buttons. So getting a console on Android renpy is figured out but getting a keyboard midgame without any text box to invoke console is difficult. Anyway here's the link to getting console in an Android renpy application.

https://f95zone.to/threads/enabling-developer-command-consoles-in-renpy.113/post-3768741

Well I also found another comment mentioning a way using TeamViewer.

https://f95zone.to/threads/enabling-developer-command-consoles-in-renpy.113/post-3883612

Haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing you'll need a laptop and your Android mobile to invoke a console through laptop. Or instead of laptop you could another mobile with hackers keyboard in it and use the keyboard to invoke the console in your game mobile.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Anyway here's the link to getting console in an Android renpy application.

https://f95zone.to/threads/enabling-developer-command-consoles-in-renpy.113/post-3768741
It's more a link telling that getting the console is just half of the problem.
As explained in the second link you gave, the problem with Android ports of Ren'py is that the keyboard need to know that an input is awaited in order to appear. Therefore, during the game itself you'll no be able to use it because the game isn't waiting for an input. And as I implied in the post you linked, I'm not even sure that the way Ren'py deal with the console's input is enough to trigger the keyboard ; if it's not enough, then the console is useless even if one tweak Ren'py in order to open the console with a click on an icon.

Mavedick97

Jan 17, 2019
It's more a link telling that getting the console is just half of the problem.
As explained in the second link you gave, the problem with Android ports of Ren'py is that the keyboard need to know that an input is awaited in order to appear. Therefore, during the game itself you'll no be able to use it because the game isn't waiting for an input. And as I implied in the post you linked, I'm not even sure that the way Ren'py deal with the console's input is enough to trigger the keyboard ; if it's not enough, then the console is useless even if one tweak Ren'py in order to open the console with a click on an icon.
Well let's split the problem in three. One, how to get a console in Android. Well that's solved.

Two, how to invoke a keyboard midgame when there's no prompt for a text input. Well that's also solved by using hacker's keyboard and applying permanent notification in the settings of hackers keyboard. That way you'll get a notification in the notification bar and by clicking it you can get the keyboard on screen of the game without any text input prompt.

Now before coming to the third problem I'd like to mention that I personally haven't tried the above method. I'm just waiting to complete my current game which doesn't have a need for console or console commands.

Three, the second link I mentioned has a person saying that even if the hacker's keyboard is used. It's not possible to use it to get the console in game because the keyboard and game both have different layers of UI and the Android itself stops the hacker's keyboard from interfering in the game UI. So he says it's pretty much useless. But I'm gonna try if that's true and also if it is. Then I have a few remedies to try and make it work out. One of them being, giving the hacker's keyboard the permission to be used on another app. Like giving it permission to overlay on another app. And I'm gonna search the net for other solutions. But the third problem is the only one standing between Android and console. So let's find a solution for that.

Josh.y.boi

Feb 23, 2022
Hi i could do with some help plz
Im trying to edit a .rpyc file on android but its all in some weird language and i dont know why
Thanks